• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday May 22, 2017

So, Ellen summarized all objections in single page. Fantastic. Did she had it ready?

And regarding commentary: every noun can be verbed. And, while Tedd might be able to create permanent gender change wand, Ellen can't know it.

Hmmm .... actually, I don't think Tedd's Uryuom tech privileges will get revoked. His research is too important. But he could definitely get into trouble. Like ... maybe he will only get the tech if under supervision after this.

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And, while Tedd might be able to create permanent gender change wand, Ellen can't know it.

Help me, Obi-Wand Kenobi, you're my only hope.

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I couldn't help it.

There is a possible solution. Tedd could attended a university, become a doctor specializing in gender reassignment, move to a country with lax laws on practicing medicine, and open up a private clinic. (Apparently, since the surgery is so expensive, a number of people visit Thailand or Mexico to get it done there, since it's much more affordable. It's called "Transgender Tourism".) Assuming he files all the proper paperwork, he could set up appointments with TG patients and secretly use his innate ability (or a wand with a permanent effect) with no undue problems or complications. In theory, it could all be legal, above board, and out in the open.

He could boast of his "new technique" having less risk and leaving virtually no scarring and less pain and complications. It wouldn't even be lying. And if he was more interested in helping as many people as possible, he wouldn't even have to charge an arm and a leg. (It wouldn't cost him as much, anyway, as he would not need to hire a full operating team. Though, he'd probably need an anesthesiologist if he wants to keep it secret from patients.) Even if limited to word-of-mouth, people would flock to his clinic.

One of the few obstacles I can think of is how he would explain that his now female patients can get pregnant. That'd be a tough one. Though, perhaps he could make that impossible? Or, maybe he could claim his technique involves gene manipulation?

Granted, all this would be a very tall order. I would suspect that Tedd has other plans for his life, like more mad sciencing of magic. (But then, isn't that more of a hobby than an actual job? I don't think it has much career potential.) However, I think it's safe to assume that Tedd plans to attend college.

Considering how set Tedd was on making the world a better place by giving everyone access to magic, he seems to have quite the altruistic streak. Now that dream is dead. But it was only recently that he learned that he was gender-fluid - that there is term for this and that this is a thing - and that there are other people like him. So, would it really be far-fetched for him to make something like this his new goal in life?

Then again, considering what Pandora just learned about Tedd being a Seer, his destiny may (or may not) preclude him from having a job like that. He may yet end up working for the government in some magic capacity, similar to his father.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm .... actually, I don't think Tedd's Uryuom tech privileges will get revoked. His research is too important. But he could definitely get into trouble. Like ... maybe he will only get the tech if under supervision after this.

If magic changes, the government (at least the paranormal division) could likely take the TFG and related material away from Tedd, Tedd's been mainly using it to research how transformation magic works and making his own devices, but there's got to be people in DGB that knows as much if not more than Tedd about Uryuom tech, like Uryuoms. I don't believe for an instant that there's no one else tinkering away with stuff like that, and would love to get their hand's on Tedd's work.

As for what Ellen said, most of it was what I thought, she's worried that taking action would cause more problems, and even cause more people to learn about magic which would increase the chance of Magic changing. What I didn't expect was Ellen suggesting the person was lying to get Elliot to reveal himself and tell them how to use magic for other purposes, Ellen's right in that it's possible that someone might try to take advantage of someone in that way but I don't really want to believe that's the case here, especially since I still want that person to be Sam. ;)

Almost all of the concerns Ellen raised have been discussed repeatedly in this forum at various times, so I don't feel a particular need to address most of them at this point.

Except for one.

"It's A Trap!"

I did not consider that possibility.

In my defense, the old comic plotline of "Let's Unmask Superguy" was much more common in the era before the "Silver Age" than later.

If magic changes, the government (at least the paranormal division) could likely take the TFG and related material away from Tedd...

What possible purpose could it server to take the TFG away, let alone Tedd's own inventions and his own research? The TFG is Uryuom tech. That Uryuom couple explained to Tedd that it was legal on Earth (unlike on their home planet, where it was banned). Besides, his watches don't work anywhere else on Earth and they will no longer work at all after Sarah helps deplete the dammed-up magic. As for all the notes and stuff he's written down, that will also likely be half worthless after magic changes. Then there's the fact that Tedd got permission to work on the TFG from his dad, who has a lot of friends in high places and whom everyone in the supernatural world seems to know. His dad has a lot of pull. They obviously do not consider Tedd a security risk. His dad is keeping a close eye on Tedd and his friends. And as far as the DGB knows, Tedd hasn't directly caused much in the way of shenanigans. He did transform Elliot in the heat of a moment and, later, snuck into a facility to use the Bewitching Diamond. But that's about it. There was not a lot of (direct) fallout from that and he's been behaving since then. Also, if magic did change suddenly and drastically, they'd be stupid to shut down independent researchers like Tedd. Instead, they should be nice to him and ask him to help them figure out how magic changed.

Tedd's been mainly using it to research how transformation magic works and making his own devices, but there's got to be people in DGB that knows as much if not more than Tedd about Uryuom tech, like Uryuoms.

Of course the government would have their own researchers for this. But this is Tedd. He's a Seer. He has an innate ability to know how magic works. It's like he's a savant with magic. He can probably see Uryuom tech like he sees magic, allowing him a greater than usual understanding.

I don't believe for an instant that there's no one else tinkering away with stuff like that, and would love to get their hand's on Tedd's work.

Ever heard the phrase, "It's easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar?" Maybe they ought to play nice and ask him to work for them after he graduates? Or, you know, they could just ask him about his research.

1 hour ago, xpace said:

Ever heard the phrase, "It's easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar?" Maybe they ought to play nice and ask him to work for them after he graduates? Or, you know, they could just ask him about his research.

This... Or they could be a bit underhanded and have one of their researchers work as his assistant to keep track of his research. This last is a bit risky though. As it is he is the Golden Goose, and if they are smart they will try to keep from rocking the boat and risk Tedd telling them to go pound sand. 

What is Tedd's ultimate dream? Making magic available to everyone. It's not even something he needs to think about, it's natural to him. Maybe that's the prospective second purpose he cannot find out without losing eligibility: Determining how magic will change. And it might not change just for humans; it might also change magic for aberrations, fairies, griffins, uryuom...certain part-alien part-squirrel girls...

2 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

This... Or they could be a bit underhanded and have one of their researchers work as his assistant to keep track of his research. This last is a bit risky though. As it is he is the Golden Goose, and if they are smart they will try to keep from rocking the boat and risk Tedd telling them to go pound sand. 

It really depends on whom is in charge. If it is a ham-handed control freak, the harsh method might be the default setting. On the other hand, a more intelligent leader will weigh options more carefully first.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
5 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

It really depends on whom is in charge. If it is a ham-handed control freak, the harsh method might be the default setting. On the other hand, a more intelligent leader will weigh options more carefully first.

It's not just that, but the worry is that someone in the government would want Tedd's work secured to prevent other countries/organizations from getting a hold of it. Or maybe they want to weaponize it somehow which would go against what Tedd would want, it'd be even worse if they forced Tedd to weaponize it. Tedd's dream was to get it so that people could be able to defend themselves against the harmful magic so that the good magic can be used freely, but DGB might not want people with high magic resistance because it would make it difficult to deal with anyone that tries to cause trouble, how do you subdue a person with magic if they can resist it, conventional methods would probably be riskier.

11 hours ago, xpace said:

There is a possible solution. Tedd could attended a university, become a doctor specializing in gender reassignment, move to a country with lax laws on practicing medicine, and open up a private clinic. (Apparently, since the surgery is so expensive, a number of people visit Thailand or Mexico to get it done there, since it's much more affordable. It's called "Transgender Tourism".) Assuming he files all the proper paperwork, he could set up appointments with TG patients and secretly use his innate ability (or a wand with a permanent effect) with no undue problems or complications. In theory, it could all be legal, above board, and out in the open.

He could boast of his "new technique" having less risk and leaving virtually no scarring and less pain and complications. It wouldn't even be lying. And if he was more interested in helping as many people as possible, he wouldn't even have to charge an arm and a leg. (It wouldn't cost him as much, anyway, as he would not need to hire a full operating team. Though, he'd probably need an anesthesiologist if he wants to keep it secret from patients.) Even if limited to word-of-mouth, people would flock to his clinic.

One of the few obstacles I can think of is how he would explain that his now female patients can get pregnant. That'd be a tough one. Though, perhaps he could make that impossible? Or, maybe he could claim his technique involves gene manipulation?

Yes, such career would be an option. Note that he can hide a lot under the new technique being secret because he don't want someone to copy it. Especially if the clinic will be in Thailand.

Granted, all this would be a very tall order. I would suspect that Tedd has other plans for his life, like more mad sciencing of magic. (But then, isn't that more of a hobby than an actual job? I don't think it has much career potential.) However, I think it's safe to assume that Tedd plans to attend college.

He may yet end up working for the government in some magic capacity, similar to his father.

Considering the idea behind everything about magic and Uryuoms being secret is to LIMIT who knows it, ALL main eight will be strongly incentived to work for DGB. And in case of Tedd (and Sarah, if they find out what spell she has), it would be strong-armed.

Then again, considering what Pandora just learned about Tedd being a Seer, his destiny may (or may not) preclude him from having a job like that.

This might be only thing which can "save" him.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If magic changes, the government (at least the paranormal division) could likely take the TFG and related material away from Tedd, Tedd's been mainly using it to research how transformation magic works and making his own devices, but there's got to be people in DGB that knows as much if not more than Tedd about Uryuom tech, like Uryuoms. I don't believe for an instant that there's no one else tinkering away with stuff like that, and would love to get their hand's on Tedd's work.

Considering the religious issues, Uryuoms might not be so quick working in this field. But yes, there are definitely people knowing as much about TFG as Tedd ... because they are getting reports about his research.

9 hours ago, xpace said:

Maybe they ought to play nice and ask him to work for them after he graduates?

Edward Verres had high position and is good in explaining, so he only needed to explain they really should wait after graduating three times so far.

9 hours ago, xpace said:

Besides, his watches don't work anywhere else on Earth and they will no longer work at all after Sarah helps deplete the dammed-up magic.

Sarah will not deplete it so much. It will be Adrian Raven removing the clog which will make the watches stop working.

9 hours ago, xpace said:

His dad has a lot of pull.

Also his mom. She's scary.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

What is Tedd's ultimate dream? Making magic available to everyone. It's not even something he needs to think about, it's natural to him. Maybe that's the prospective second purpose he cannot find out without losing eligibility: Determining how magic will change. And it might not change just for humans; it might also change magic for aberrations, fairies, griffins, uryuom...certain part-alien part-squirrel girls...

How magic changed is DEFINITELY related to seer. It's possible his first purpose is to FIND how it changed after reset. It's possible his SECOND purpose is to INFLUENCE how it will change.

But note that we have from good source that uryuom will not lose their shapeshifting. Technically they may still being affected, but it's more likely they are not. Similarly, magic on the other side of universe is perfectly ok with being in open ; griffins will not be affected. Aberrations likely will. Fairies ... we know Pandora survived one reset already, but they may still be AFFECTED.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's dream was to get it so that people could be able to defend themselves against the harmful magic so that the good magic can be used freely, but DGB might not want people with high magic resistance because it would make it difficult to deal with anyone that tries to cause trouble, how do you subdue a person with magic if they can resist it, conventional methods would probably be riskier.

Tedd's dream was likely pretty naive even before we found that magic don't want to be in open. DGB might leave him work on enhancing magic resistance and then used it just for their agents. Unless something will change and raise the risk of magic war, there is no reason to endanger their relationship with Tedd just for chance to mine him faster ... oh wait. Magic reset. That MIGHT raise the risk of magic war ...

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

someone in the government would want Tedd's work secured

It's already secured. They have experienced agent making sure of that, make background checks on everyone Tedd is meeting with and several other agents in area for case of attack of some other party.

(That experienced agent is obviously Edward Verres.)

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless something will change and raise the risk of magic war, there is no reason to endanger their relationship with Tedd just for chance to mine him faster ... oh wait. Magic reset. That MIGHT raise the risk of magic war ...

While Arthur does seem to know about Magic resetting if too many people know about it, the real question is does Arthur know that Tedd is a seer? If not, then Tedd is probably safe, but if he does, then there's probably a chance that if Magic did reset, DGB would be knocking on Edward's door "requesting" that Tedd help them figure out the new system so they could get a head start on re-equiping the paranormal division.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Do any of you realize that if you change one letter in "DGB" it becomes "KGB"? Yes, now we have the truth! This must be the new guise of the organization which brought one of the most terrifying monsters to our world...

...The San Diego Chicken!

Well, MNHS's mascot is a turkey, close enough, right? ;)

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:
50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless something will change and raise the risk of magic war, there is no reason to endanger their relationship with Tedd just for chance to mine him faster ... oh wait. Magic reset. That MIGHT raise the risk of magic war ...

While Arthur does seem to know about Magic resetting if too many people know about it, the real question is does Arthur know that Tedd is a seer? If not, then Tedd is probably safe, but if he does, then there's probably a chance that if Magic did reset, DGB would be knocking on Edward's door "requesting" that Tedd help them figure out the new system so they could get a head start on re-equiping the paranormal division.

If they are clever, they will only phone Verres and ask if Tedd is already working on figuring the new system and that they want reports twice as often. If Tedd is already working on it, why risk any delays caused by him thinking more about what does it mean that they "requested" his help than the research itself? But they should probably do something inconspicuous but effective with school ; they don't need Tedd occupied with that useless thing.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

If they are clever, they will only phone Verres and ask if Tedd is already working on figuring the new system and that they want reports twice as often. If Tedd is already working on it, why risk any delays caused by him thinking more about what does it mean that they "requested" his help than the research itself? But they should probably do something inconspicuous but effective with school ; they don't need Tedd occupied with that useless thing.

But the thing is though, if Tedd doesn't want to work with the paranormal division, they won't just let him go so easily, it's not like they'll allow him to keep any secrets about the new system between himself and his friends, they'll try to strongarm him into it, even if Edward's a VIP in the paranormal world, Arthur and Leifeld probably have ways to use the law to get what they want, Tedd may be forced to fight them if they try anything.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

But the thing is though, if Tedd doesn't want to work with the paranormal division, they won't just let him go so easily, it's not like they'll allow him to keep any secrets about the new system between himself and his friends, they'll try to strongarm him into it, even if Edward's a VIP in the paranormal world, Arthur and Leifeld probably have ways to use the law to get what they want, Tedd may be forced to fight them if they try anything.

Oh, they definitely won't allow him to keep any secrets. BUT they will try to get those secrets secretly first. Tedd's basement is NOT private research laboratory and I think Pandora was right when she said that Edward is keeping other agents away by providing all informations they may need himself.

Of course, Sarah likely mentioned it to Tedd ... so, maybe Tedd will try to keep something secret now, and it may take some time before DGB realizes it, especially if he will still provide SOME research.

Only after they realize Tedd is keeping significant part of research to himself THEN the strongarming will come. And Tedd might be forced to fight his dad, if Arthur won't do something serious enough meanwhile to convince Edward he needs to side his son.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, they definitely won't allow him to keep any secrets. BUT they will try to get those secrets secretly first. Tedd's basement is NOT private research laboratory and I think Pandora was right when she said that Edward is keeping other agents away by providing all informations they may need himself.

Of course, Sarah likely mentioned it to Tedd ... so, maybe Tedd will try to keep something secret now, and it may take some time before DGB realizes it, especially if he will still provide SOME research.

Like I said, what Tedd's been researching up to this point might not be anything new to the Paranormal Division, it's probably why Edward's been ok with Tedd working on it, maybe Edward hopes that Tedd would one day work with the Paranormal Division and the stuff Tedd's researching has been part of the training program for ages so Tedd would essentially have a head start. Edward might not have been sure when he first let Tedd work on the TFG but later on he might have become hopeful.

As far as the Magic change goes, Tedd himself doesn't know that he's a seer and that he may be the key to figuring out what the changes were, Edward doesn't seem to know either and it's likely that Pandora may want to keep Edward from finding out as well for the same reason she didn't want Sarah telling him about her spell. One can only imagine what things would be like if everyone lost the ability to cast spells and a select few knew that Tedd could help them get an early advantage.

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Only after they realize Tedd is keeping significant part of research to himself THEN the strongarming will come. And Tedd might be forced to fight his dad, if Arthur won't do something serious enough meanwhile to convince Edward he needs to side his son.

Edward may be powerless to do anything to keep Arthur or Leifeld from strongarming Tedd, or maybe Edward would agree that it's in everyone's best interest if the Paranormal Division regained the ability to use magic before some other group did.

Wild theory, but somehow I get the feeling that a system change and an attempt to strongarm could have resulted in Lord Tedd, not sure exactly how General Shade Tail fits this scenario but considering Edward's infiltration of the organization that created Grace, I wouldn't doubt that Alternate Edward or the alternate universe's version of DGB had a connection to General Shade Tail.

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Like I said, what Tedd's been researching up to this point might not be anything new to the Paranormal Division, it's probably why Edward's been ok with Tedd working on it, maybe Edward hopes that Tedd would one day work with the Paranormal Division and the stuff Tedd's researching has been part of the training program for ages so Tedd would essentially have a head start. Edward might not have been sure when he first let Tedd work on the TFG but later on he might have become hopeful.

Tedd doesn't realized it until recently, but his abilities gave him big advantage. Along with his specific goals (I don't think anyone in DGB really cared about dynamic clothes morphs) it likely IS new to Paranormal Division - but not so far from what they already know and not giving any weaponizable advantage.

For his future in DGB research, it may be more important HOW he research than WHAT he research. Working with magitech in general would certainly give him head start even if the specific research he was working on (dynamic clothes morph, catgirls) wouldn't be useful.

As far as the Magic change goes, Tedd himself doesn't know that he's a seer and that he may be the key to figuring out what the changes were, Edward doesn't seem to know either and it's likely that Pandora may want to keep Edward from finding out as well for the same reason she didn't want Sarah telling him about her spell. One can only imagine what things would be like if everyone lost the ability to cast spells and a select few knew that Tedd could help them get an early advantage.

Yes ; it's one thing if he is known to be experienced researcher with surprising progress who MAY be useful after magic reset, it's another to know he is seer, rediscovering rules for magic is his purpose and he will be able to get it significantly faster than anyone else except other seers, and maybe even faster than other seers because they lack his experience.

Edward may be powerless to do anything to keep Arthur or Leifeld from strongarming Tedd, or maybe Edward would agree that it's in everyone's best interest if the Paranormal Division regained the ability to use magic before some other group did.

I'm inclined to believe the second part more. He might try to prevent the "strong" parts of strongarming, but he would do his best to convince Tedd to help on his own.

(Note that we don't actually know how bad was that strongarming in case of "previous magic user with Sarah's spell". Somehow I think that if agent Wolf got order to seduce Cranium and force her to enter DGB he was the one who was most surprised when it sort of worked.)

As I said, only way how he could be against DGB is if Arthur Arthur (or someone else, but Arthur Arthur seems most likely) would prove that DGB is much worse organization than Edward remembers it and that the research will be used for something bad.

Wild theory, but somehow I get the feeling that a system change and an attempt to strongarm could have resulted in Lord Tedd, not sure exactly how General Shade Tail fits this scenario but considering Edward's infiltration of the organization that created Grace, I wouldn't doubt that Alternate Edward or the alternate universe's version of DGB had a connection to General Shade Tail.

Not so wild, IMHO. I already speculated multiple times than Lord Tedd power comes from him being able to get control of magic after reset. Only question is if he did it on his own (perhaps influenced by General Shade Tail), in defense against DGB or in defense against some other group ... but in any case, Elliot not being there (perhaps dead, perhaps just not around) was big contributing factor.

Has anyone thought that Magus might be from Lord Tedd's universe? From what little we've seen, Lord Tedd seems to live in a sort of dungeon/mother-of-all-bunkers/James-Bond-villain-secret-underground-base. Or maybe Gru's basement. Anyway, if they are from the same universe, Magus may not know about Lord Tedd or just doesn't recognize Tedd as the Moperverse's version of his home universe's Final Boss.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Has anyone thought that Magus might be from Lord Tedd's universe? From what little we've seen, Lord Tedd seems to live in a sort of dungeon/mother-of-all-bunkers/James-Bond-villain-secret-underground-base. Or maybe Gru's basement. Anyway, if they are from the same universe, Magus may not know about Lord Tedd or just doesn't recognize Tedd as the Moperverse's version of his home universe's Final Boss.

The main problem with this theory is that almost everyone is convinced that Terra is Magus's universe Tedd. I'm not, but frankly, sounds more likely than him being from Lord Tedd universe.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

The main problem with this theory is that almost everyone is convinced that Terra is Magus's universe Tedd. I'm not, but frankly, sounds more likely than him being from Lord Tedd universe.

Well, if Magus is the Elliot of his universe (a theory I have subscribed to and may have even originated), yes, Terra is a good candidate for a Tedd. Too bad we don't know if she has purple hair.

But...

I just noticed. The pre-cursed version of Magus has hair that does not look like it could be brown. Or red. Or any colors except white or blond. Maybe Magic did an Ellen on him for dramatic effect?

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, if Magus is the Elliot of his universe (a theory I have subscribed to and may have even originated), yes, Terra is a good candidate for a Tedd. Too bad we don't know if she has purple hair.

But...

I just noticed. The pre-cursed version of Magus has hair that does not look like it could be brown. Or red. Or any colors except white or blond. Maybe Magic did an Ellen on him for dramatic effect?

Terra doesn't need to have purple hair to clinch it, she could have green or blue hair. What really makes the resemblance is the hair style resembles Tedd's pre-cut style, plus the head and face itself is very Tedd looking. If we look at Magus, yeah his hair doesn't match Elliot's current style either, but if we look back at the flashbacks, there is a very strong resemblance there as well.

Alternate versions of characters don't have to look exactly like the character in question, for example we have 2 alternate universes where Elliot is Ellen (Beta Ellen and Second Life Ellen) also we have other versions of Tedd (Beta Tedd that wore square glasses instead of round ones, Second life Tedd that was apparently shorter when Second Life Ellen met him and then got taller than prime Tedd in hight school, and of course Lord Tedd) so If a female alternate of Elliot named Ellen can exist, why couldn't a female alternate of Tedd named Terra exist, as well as an alternate of Elliot named Magus?

Another thing to consider with alternate universes, is that in the universe of Terra and Magus, it wouldn't be that they live on the other half of the world where magic is more common like Tara and Andrea in the prime universe, but that in the alternate universe which half of the world where magic is common is switched, or Magic hasn't restricted either half.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Alternate versions of characters don't have to look exactly like the character in question, for example we have 2 alternate universes where Elliot is Ellen (Beta Ellen and Second Life Ellen) also we have other versions of Tedd (Beta Tedd that wore square glasses instead of round ones, Second life Tedd that was apparently shorter when Second Life Ellen met him and then got taller than prime Tedd in hight school, and of course Lord Tedd) so If a female alternate of Elliot named Ellen can exist, why couldn't a female alternate of Tedd named Terra exist, as well as an alternate of Elliot named Magus?

Hmmmm ... actually, in EGS universe we have Elliot and Ellen while several universes had only one ... but what it that isn't rule? Sure, in EGS main universe it was diamond splitting them, but maybe some universe have two people who are sort of both partial alternates of Elliot.

Except if you take it like this, you will soon realize that those "alternates" are nowhere near as fixed as they seem.

(Technically, Terra may be Lord Tedd's duplicate created by dewitchery diamond ... we would only need to find some reason why would Lord Tedd split himself, especially after Nioi presumably warning him ... ok, wouldn't be easy but if we truly want the speculation to work ... :))

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... actually, in EGS universe we have Elliot and Ellen while several universes had only one ... but what it that isn't rule? Sure, in EGS main universe it was diamond splitting them, but maybe some universe have two people who are sort of both partial alternates of Elliot.

Except if you take it like this, you will soon realize that those "alternates" are nowhere near as fixed as they seem.

(Technically, Terra may be Lord Tedd's duplicate created by dewitchery diamond ... we would only need to find some reason why would Lord Tedd split himself, especially after Nioi presumably warning him ... ok, wouldn't be easy but if we truly want the speculation to work ... :))

The only other possibility for Magus to be from Lord Tedd's universe is if Magus' supposed death at the hands of Terra caused her to become Lord Tedd. Like you know how our Tedd is genderfluid switching from male to female a lot, Terra could be similar and switch from female to male.

Of course there isn't much to support this as Terra isn't seen going mad with grief or anything, I do wonder what the aftermath of that was though. Best guess is they were having a magic sparring match similar to how Elliot and Nanase sparred, complete with over the top taunts and such and Terra expected Magus to be able to block her attack easily but didn't expect anyone to try to sabotage the fight. If this was on school grounds, what would Terra's teacher's have done, expel her for Magus' death? Would they be able to tell what exactly happened and know it wasn't Terra's fault? Would any of them know that Magus wasn't really dead, just displaced to another reality, in which case Terra might be trying to find him herself. Guess anything could be possible there.