• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday May 22, 2017

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

The only other possibility for Magus to be from Lord Tedd's universe is if Magus' supposed death at the hands of Terra caused her to become Lord Tedd. Like you know how our Tedd is genderfluid switching from male to female a lot, Terra could be similar and switch from female to male.

Tedd/Terra switching genders? Easy. Switching names? Hard. If she would be Terra, why would she change name to Lord Tedd?

Of course there isn't much to support this as Terra isn't seen going mad with grief or anything, I do wonder what the aftermath of that was though. Best guess is they were having a magic sparring match similar to how Elliot and Nanase sparred, complete with over the top taunts and such and Terra expected Magus to be able to block her attack easily but didn't expect anyone to try to sabotage the fight.

Maybe not easily, but she definitely didn't expected he will disappear.

Note: Can't be school teacher. It would need to be someone with unique look at usage of taunts and drama in fight, similar to Greg. Also note that there are no background characters around, which makes unlikely it would be part of school classes.

If this was on school grounds, what would Terra's teacher's have done, expel her for Magus' death? Would they be able to tell what exactly happened and know it wasn't Terra's fault?

Teacher would be looking at used spells. I think it would be obvious to him that it wasn't supposed to be deadly attack. Can still assume Magus is death - some sort of accident, maybe unexpected interference between spells.

It would be worse if there was noone observing it.

Would any of them know that Magus wasn't really dead, just displaced to another reality, in which case Terra might be trying to find him herself.

Unless they find some sort of track telling them WHICH another reality, it would be very hard search. Number of possible realities usually goes to infinity.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd/Terra switching genders? Easy. Switching names? Hard. If she would be Terra, why would she change name to Lord Tedd?

Probably for the same reason Elliot chose to be called Ellen for school after he was first zapped. And Sam suggested that Tedd might want to go by Tess if it mattered. There might be some reason Terra would switch gender and name.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note: Can't be school teacher. It would need to be someone with unique look at usage of taunts and drama in fight, similar to Greg. Also note that there are no background characters around, which makes unlikely it would be part of school classes.

Yeah, they were on school grounds  (at least that's assuming the stadium they're in are part of the school facilities) but likely not on school time, maybe after classes and they were playing around with some new tricks unsupervised.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Teacher would be looking at used spells. I think it would be obvious to him that it wasn't supposed to be deadly attack. Can still assume Magus is death - some sort of accident, maybe unexpected interference between spells.

It would be worse if there was noone observing it.

The beam might be tricky to explain, it certainly looked deadly, but it might have been a transformation beam. It's entirely possible what Terra and Magus was doing was the equivalent of Ellen training Grace with Grace blocking Ellen's beams. Whatever Magus was using was apparently supposed to block Terra's beam, but maybe instead it altered the beam into something else. What Magus used might be harder to pin down.

And yes unsupervised would make it hard to prove what happened, unless of course Terra and Magus were known to be very close friends and consistently sparred together.

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless they find some sort of track telling them WHICH another reality, it would be very hard search. Number of possible realities usually goes to infinity.

First step would be to find out what it was that Magus used, figure out where he got it, or find out who swapped the original item with the sabotaged item (or altered the item's intended purpose) maybe the spell or whatever would have a clue to where Magus ended up. Then it'd be a matter of finding a safe method of either going there and bringing Magus back. Of course it's not quite that simple and probably time consuming. There's a DS9 episode where Sisko was knocked out of time by an energy discharge and Jake spends his entire life trying to find a way to bring him back into sync. Dan might have used that episode as inspiration for Magus' predicament.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Probably for the same reason Elliot chose to be called Ellen for school after he was first zapped. And Sam suggested that Tedd might want to go by Tess if it mattered. There might be some reason Terra would switch gender and name.

Because people may get curious with name not matching gender. But if the person is named Lord, he usually doesn't need to worry about that because he can always send those people to jail (or death).

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And yes unsupervised would make it hard to prove what happened, unless of course Terra and Magus were known to be very close friends and consistently sparred together.

That doesn't exactly make it easier, IMHO. Even with closer friends, someone may remember they disagree on something ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

First step would be to find out what it was that Magus used, figure out where he got it, or find out who swapped the original item with the sabotaged item (or altered the item's intended purpose) maybe the spell or whatever would have a clue to where Magus ended up.

That's assuming the spell/item was supposed to send him to specific place. If it was supposed to be random place ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Then it'd be a matter of finding a safe method of either going there and bringing Magus back. Of course it's not quite that simple and probably time consuming.

Especially if how to travel to different universe isn't common knowledge ... and based on lack of tourists, it doesn't seem to be. Although Magus himself seem to worry more about not having body than being in different universe ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

There's a DS9 episode where Sisko was knocked out of time by an energy discharge and Jake spends his entire life trying to find a way to bring him back into sync.

Magus have it worse: he's "out of sync" (on astral plane) AND in different universe.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's assuming the spell/item was supposed to send him to specific place. If it was supposed to be random place ...

Also didn't Pandora say she caught him?  She might have prevented Magus from going to the intended destination (or maybe the intent was for him to continually fall between universes or something, or be stuck in between universes forever).

4 hours ago, chridd said:

Also didn't Pandora say she caught him?  She might have prevented Magus from going to the intended destination (or maybe the intent was for him to continually fall between universes or something, or be stuck in between universes forever).

That could have been just a metaphor for her finding Magus trapped on the Immortal plane.

14 hours ago, chridd said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The "he had no place to land" would suggest he was stuck between universes or something like this, yes. Which would mean even if Terra would be able to find him between universes, she wouldn't find him there now ...

That could have been just a metaphor for her finding Magus trapped on the Immortal plane.

Or that, yes. Metaphor suggesting something doesn't mean it's what happened. And the whole monologue seems inconsistent with what we know about Magus - it doesn't seem he would like to fight anyone, and also he doesn't seem to be that good. So ... maybe she was talking about something else, which Magus was only part of? Or is that another retcon?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Or that, yes. Metaphor suggesting something doesn't mean it's what happened. And the whole monologue seems inconsistent with what we know about Magus - it doesn't seem he would like to fight anyone, and also he doesn't seem to be that good. So ... maybe she was talking about something else, which Magus was only part of? Or is that another retcon?

That's why I figure the the whole warning wasn't just about Magus, Magus could have been the egg, but the hawk might be Sirleck.

As it is, Magus getting his body back is a drop in the bucket compared to what Sirleck has set in motion so that Magus could get his body back, and there's still the possibility that Sirleck intends on taking possession of Magus's body.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's why I figure the the whole warning wasn't just about Magus, Magus could have been the egg, but the hawk might be Sirleck.

As it is, Magus getting his body back is a drop in the bucket compared to what Sirleck has set in motion so that Magus could get his body back, and there's still the possibility that Sirleck intends on taking possession of Magus's body.

From this page and the preceding ones, including the one where he learns of Raven's existence, I suspect Sirleck is planning on taking over Raven's body. Or that nice Colonel Sanders would not have given Sirleck the impression that he was the offspring of either Demetrius or Helena (the two young and confused Immortals) rather than Pandora (the very, very old and powerful Immortal from whom any sensible Aberration should run screaming at the top of their voice.)

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

From this page and the preceding ones, including the one where he learns of Raven's existence, I suspect Sirleck is planning on taking over Raven's body. Or that nice Colonel Sanders would not have given Sirleck the impression that he was the offspring of either Demetrius or Helena (the two young and confused Immortals) rather than Pandora (the very, very old and powerful Immortal from whom any sensible Aberration should run screaming at the top of their voice.)

I think if Sirleck knew that Adrian was Pandora's son, he would have avoided Adrian like the plague because he knows that Pandora is well passed her reset time as he referred to her as and "ancient crazy Immortal" and judging by the comment, she probably threatened him to assist Magus in the original plan. But since he thinks that Adrian's related to either Helena or Demetrius, two Immortals that he knows were improperly reset and probably not much of a real threat to him, and so he feels free to put Adrian in danger.

Voltaire is probably counting on Pandora finding out about Sirleck's attempt to kill Adrian and going into a rage, she'll go after Sirleck for sure because he's an aberration, but she may also go after Abner because Sirleck may say who told him about Adrian,even though it was Voltaire pretending to be Abner. Remember, this is part of Plan CM and since Plan A specifically said it "would have gotten the job don with one murder", Plan CM could presumably involve multiple murders, either by vampires or by Pandora.

The page where Sirleck is checking Adrian's background is more to do with trying to gauge what kind of person he is which may hint at "would he be worth possessing?" but the next page (the one you linked) definitely suggests that possession isn't on the table, I think the plan is still to possess Magus once he gets a body to possess, and he's throwing all the money he has into attacking Adrian to ensure that Magus has a clear shot at getting Ellen to zap Elliot. Once Sirleck has Magus under his control, he could use whatever abilities he thinks Magus has to rebuild his wealth faster than the embezzlement method he had been using.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Wouldn't an even more sensible Aberration do its best to run quietly?

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Voltaire is probably counting on Pandora finding out about Sirleck's attempt to kill Adrian and going into a rage, she'll go after Sirleck for sure because he's an aberration, but she may also go after Abner because Sirleck may say who told him about Adrian,even though it was Voltaire pretending to be Abner.

That would assume Sirleck would say Abner's name REALLY QUICK. I don't think he would be able to talk after Pandora starts shredding him to pieces.

Remember, this is part of Plan CM and since Plan A specifically said it "would have gotten the job don with one murder", Plan CM could presumably involve multiple murders, either by vampires or by Pandora.

I would guess vampires. Even with vampires instructed to lay low, it can be expected they kill more people ... also, all vampires are likely to be killed, but not sure if he counts them.

The page where Sirleck is checking Adrian's background is more to do with trying to gauge what kind of person he is which may hint at "would he be worth possessing?" but the next page (the one you linked) definitely suggests that possession isn't on the table, I think the plan is still to possess Magus once he gets a body to possess, and he's throwing all the money he has into attacking Adrian to ensure that Magus has a clear shot at getting Ellen to zap Elliot.

The "he's allowed to defend himself" suggests that Sirleck wouldn't personally go near Adrian because Adrian might be able to kill him. That's why he's sending expendable vampires against him.

Magus will likely be much more vulnerable.

Once Sirleck has Magus under his control, he could use whatever abilities he thinks Magus has to rebuild his wealth faster than the embezzlement method he had been using.

He likely use money as a means, not as goal. Possessing wizard might give him something even better than money.

2 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

the very, very old and powerful Immortal from whom any sensible Aberration should run screaming at the top of their voice.)

Wouldn't an even more sensible Aberration do its best to run quietly?

If you are so close Pandora can hear you screaming, you are dead anyway. If you are Aberration I mean.

Unless ... the key may be in WHAT you are screaming. Sirleck DID survived meeting Pandora once. So, perhaps screaming "I do whatever you want from me just don't kill me" might help.