• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

OT14 - Any updates appropriate?

This one for everyone, but particularly @mlooney considering you were the main input to the original proposal.

As it stands, this is what the graph looks like.  Noah (and hence Melissa) was added pursuant to comments on Discord, otherwise it is more or less as the discussion left off.

EEGAce9.png

Any new suggestions to how this should be adjusted now?

(For reference, iirc tOH's case-rulings state that suggesting incestuous relationships for "mere titillation" is frowned upon, but the thread where Hack actually stated that was probably pre crash.)

19 minutes ago, HarJIT said:

(For reference, iirc tOH's case-rulings state that suggesting incestuous relationships for "mere titillation" is frowned upon, but the thread where Hack actually stated that was probably pre crash.)

This is correct. Please keep suggestions inside the borders of the tasteful. Apart from that, please carry on.

What was the reasoning for the link between Diane and Ashley? Was is simply the fact that Diane saw Ashley as competition in her pursuit of Elliot?

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This is correct. Please keep suggestions inside the borders of the tasteful. Apart from that, please carry on.

The interesting thing is, Dan doesn't seem to be afraid of selfcest material as we have Nanase+Fox as well as Sarah+AF04Sarah pinups and Dan's even hinted at Nanase having a bit of a kink for Fox in canon. Ellen is a magical clone of Elliot, but what separates her from Fox is the fact that Ellen is a living, breathing person with a free will, so I can certainly see Elliot+Ellen being off limits because it's in their character to not think of themselves as anything but siblings so it would be considered incest, and since this relationship chart only deals with canon relationships then we can't use examples of alternate reality characters being involved with main line characters.

Note: Not trying to argue semantics here, at least I hope that's not the impression that I'm giving, I very much agree with you here. I'm guessing "tasteful" would apply to all aspects of this thread, I just have a feeling that what's considered tasteful is somewhat dependent on what Dan decides to make canon. I'll certainly try to avoid anything explicit, I'm just hoping I didn't already cross that line with the above examples.

My view would be a that there isn't a good reason for, and unless REALLY explicit in canon a reason, that Tedd->Nanase and Elliot -> Ellen be right off.  Never used, etc.

That aside,  I'm leaning towards Elliot's alter egos getting their own ID for this.

That being said, I suspect there is an attraction between Tedd and Nanase (the "ugly cousin" reaction seems too theatrical to be natural) but that both know good reason not to pursue a relationship upon this.

(That being said, views on cousin marriage vary widely across space and time, but I'm probably toeing the line already so I won't discuss further.)

That being said, at what point does selfcest stop being masturbation and start being incest?  The TVTropes page quotes the following:

"As regards sexual intercourse with older or younger copies of yourself, it's incest in branching or changeable timelines, and masturbation in inevitable timelines. In either case, yes, it is gay."

That being said, that's purely as pertains to time travel, which does not occur in EGS.

That being said, I should probably stop now before I give myself a headache.

1 hour ago, HarJIT said:

That being said, I suspect there is an attraction between Tedd and Nanase (the "ugly cousin" reaction seems too theatrical to be natural) but that both know good reason not to pursue a relationship upon this.

I don't think that Tedd's jealousy of Nanase was so much as being slightly attracted to her, but more about Tedd wishing he was more like Nanase, Nanase grew up with people liking her, wanting to hang out with her and date her, but Tedd grew up being bullied about his appearance, it would be natural for him to be jealous of that if they were siblings, heck we have Sarah and Carol as a good example of it, but since Tedd doesn't have any siblings (as far as he knows that is), Nanase would be the closest logical family member.

2 hours ago, HarJIT said:

That being said, that's purely as pertains to time travel, which does not occur in EGS.

Because if there was time travel, LisaxLisa would be a thing. ;)

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought Tedd's "Ugly Cousin" opinion of Nanase, beyond a continuation of a juvenile "Girls-Are-Icky" phase, was largely due to how much Nanase resembles his Mother.

I would think that Tedd would have more than just an "ugly cousin" opinion if Nanase reminded him of his mom.

Tedd probably barely remembers his mother at all - or perhaps less than that. My opinion is that "Ugly Cousin" is a defensive reaction to being physically attracted to a close relative before he was old enough to have the slightest clue what that physical attraction is all about.

As for self-cest, 

In either case, yes, it is gay.

not necessarily, in EGS.