• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Monday May 22, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=619

Commentary makes sense, I can see that the reason we haven't seen Ellen use any new spells or something would be because it didn't fit the story, although Dan probably could have had her do something new at Charlotte's while Nanase was showing off the fairy to Diane, but then Dan would probably feel obligated to have Ellen explain it or something in story which would have added another page or two to "So a Date".

Also this confirms that Ellen isn't much better at reading her spell book than Elliot, but amusing that she's wrangled Nanase into reading it for her. Their dates must be like story time. ;)

So, this storyline is non-canon but with canon spells, similarly as question mark 2 ? Hmmm ... I'll file it with Q&A.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Commentary makes sense, I can see that the reason we haven't seen Ellen use any new spells or something would be because it didn't fit the story, although Dan probably could have had her do something new at Charlotte's while Nanase was showing off the fairy to Diane, but then Dan would probably feel obligated to have Ellen explain it or something in story which would have added another page or two to "So a Date".

Her other spells might be even more risky to show than the FV5 :) ... and it definitely can't beat persistent avatar. Seriously, even Andrea was in awe from that, and she has lot of experience.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also this confirms that Ellen isn't much better at reading her spell book than Elliot, but amusing that she's wrangled Nanase into reading it for her. Their dates must be like story time. ;)

Remember, hard to understand. It's probably more like if they will be trying to solve puzzle together. Also, many of those spell might have sexy use ...

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, many of those spell might have sexy use ...

Yeah, considering Dan stated in the commentary that many of the new spells were also female form transformation beams, there's probably not much of an opportunity outside of "sexy times" for them.

Gonna predict that one of the new beams might be similar to Elliot's standard morphs, in that Ellen can change someone into whatever form she's thinking off, with a similar chance of sabotage.

1 minute ago, jmucchiello said:

Dan could do "spell book experimentation" for months using Ellen, Elliot, Nanase, and who knows who else's spellbooks and fans would enjoy it.

Playing with Dolls 2.

19 minutes ago, jmucchiello said:

Dan could do "spell book experimentation" for months using Ellen, Elliot, Nanase, and who knows who else's spellbooks and fans would enjoy it.

Ellen, Elliot, Nanase ... Susan and Rhoda, that's all five with spellbooks. But I'm sure Sarah's spell could provide lot of points even without spellbook, and then we have Tedd's tech ... I think it could easily be years.

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, considering Dan stated in the commentary that many of the new spells were also female form transformation beams, there's probably not much of an opportunity outside of "sexy times" for them.

That and Grace's training, possibly.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So, this storyline is non-canon but with canon spells, similarly as question mark 2 ? Hmmm ... I'll file it with Q&A.

Not so much like Question Mark 2, but kinda in the same category as the Grace playing with change blindness in the previous NP, as in what Grace was doing was completely within her abilities in canon, just that everything else that was happening wasn't canon. This seems like a similar situation but without any story elements.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well Ellen did say all of her other beams had cooldowns, it's more likely she might have stuck with what was best to help Grace train with.

3 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Playing with Dolls 2.

I support this service and/or product.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not so much like Question Mark 2, but kinda in the same category as the Grace playing with change blindness in the previous NP, as in what Grace was doing was completely within her abilities in canon, just that everything else that was happening wasn't canon. This seems like a similar situation but without any story elements.

The change blindness was not really SHOWING her abilities, it was more playing, and the random changes in background made even harder to guess correctly what canon abilities it shows.

Of course, we don't know how this will end, but I think point of this will be to show and explain her abilities, which should make it more like Q&A despite Amanda not being present.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Well Ellen did say all of her other beams had cooldowns, it's more likely she might have stuck with what was best to help Grace train with.

Hence possibly. She mentioned that her FV5 beam was only one allowing "amping up" and rapid fire, but that doesn't mean she never get to try others.

1 minute ago, Stature said:

Filing it under "mid-jinks"

I wasn't joking, I actually need some classification.

Although I do expect mid-jinks as well.

I'm wondering if Dan meant "All of Ellen's spells are canon even if the scenes aren't."

If so, I suspect, just as I suspected Marker/Escape From the Mall, that there's a reason Dan decided to do this now, that reason being he wants to establish things to use in the main story.

How about a spell that allows Ellen to clone a duplicate? That is, an independent copy of her target? Using it on herself, Ellen could get something like Nanase's Fox. Using it on someone else, she would duplicate that person. And maybe if it was a male person, Ellen would duplicate the Dewitchery Diamond's feat of creating an independent female version of that person--perhaps a permanent version, like Ellen herself.

And that could lead to Sister IV: Quest for Nose Beeps.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ellen would duplicate the Dewitchery Diamond's feat of creating an independent female version of that person--perhaps a permanent version, like Ellen herself.

We don't need another FEMALE version of Elliot. We need two male versions: one for Magus and one for Susan. But no female.

We don't need another FEMALE version of Elliot. We need two male versions: one for Magus and one for Susan. But no female.

Magus believes that if he can be right there when Ellen zaps Elliot, he'll get a new body. Someone has to have told him this, probably Pandora. But maybe not a new male body. Pandora did tell Magus that the Dewitchery Diamond was necessary for his revival. That might suggest that in his new female body he has to touch the DD to hive off a male version.

Of course, that would leave him with a new sister, wouldn't it? One more nose beep...

54 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, that would leave him with a new sister, wouldn't it? One more nose beep...

Nioi had only ONE nose beep ready. Unless she can somehow use one nose beep on two people. And as I mentioned, what would we do with another female Elliot? We don't have any other lesbian to pair her with.

56 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora did tell Magus that the Dewitchery Diamond was necessary for his revival. That might suggest that in his new female body he has to touch the DD to hive off a male version.

... on the other hand, it DOES seem like Magus will become female if his plan would work ...

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Nioi had only ONE nose beep ready. Unless she can somehow use one nose beep on two people. And as I mentioned, what would we do with another female Elliot? We don't have any other lesbian to pair her with.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if Magus succeeded in getting Ellen to zap him into Elliot and then get Elliot to touch the diamond to split them, there shouldn't be any need for nose beepery because technically Magus is the soul if we go by Nioi's explanation.

If we don't consider souls, the other reason for Ellen and Kaoli to share a second life growing up would be to have a set of memories that are separate from Elliot's and Nioi's so that they a draw from different experiences which would help them differentiate themselves better.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... on the other hand, it DOES seem like Magus will become female if his plan would work ...

I still think that would be temporary if it does. Elliot should be able to just morph back, or Magus should be able to resist it enough to shorten the duration so that Elliot's male again before Magus has him touch the diamond. That "FV5 for a month" bit was before Tedd figured out that a person's resistance can shorten the duration. If Tedd hadn't said anything about how long it would last, Elliot probably would have turned back to normal well before school the next day.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I still think that would be temporary if it does.

Factoring out the so-far hypothetical clone-beam, what I originally envisioned was Magus sort of riding Ellen's beam to possess Elliot's body. Then the Dewitchery Diamond should split off the possession as a "curse." However, this could result in another female version of Elliot with Magus' memories in addition to Elliot's. Or maybe the Dewitchery Diamond would separate the "curses" from each other and we'd get three Elliots: Elliot (the Original Series); Ellen Part Deux (Just Elliot's memories in a female body and beam magic, again); and Magus (body by Elliot.) So that would mean either one nose beep or two more lotteries fixed, plus maybe a bigger Dunkel home because they all can't fit in Ellen-Ellen and Elliot-Elliot's room.

And as for Ellen's FV5 zappings wearing off, keep Vladia in mind.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Factoring out the so-far hypothetical clone-beam, what I originally envisioned was Magus sort of riding Ellen's beam to possess Elliot's body. Then the Dewitchery Diamond should split off the possession as a "curse." However, this could result in another female version of Elliot with Magus' memories in addition to Elliot's. Or maybe the Dewitchery Diamond would separate the "curses" from each other and we'd get three Elliots: Elliot (the Original Series); Ellen Part Deux (Just Elliot's memories in a female body and beam magic, again); and Magus (body by Elliot.) So that would mean either one nose beep or two more lotteries fixed, plus maybe a bigger Dunkel home because they all can't fit in Ellen-Ellen and Elliot-Elliot's room.

That's what I figure the plan is as well, the only difference is Magus would need Elliot to remain female before touching the diamond if the diamond would consider Magus's consciousness in Elliot as the curse because 2 consciousnesses inhabiting one body isn't natural, therefore the diamond would separate Magus from Elliot, Magus gets his own male body without Elliot's memories.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Vladia doesn't count because she's a part Uryuom Seyunolu like Grace and therefore the TFG and Ellen's beams don't actually enchant her, she could morph back on her own, but she chooses not to because the first time she tried morphing nearly killed her and so she's not willing to risk it. Vladia would also rather remain human anyway.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Magus would need Elliot to remain female before touching the diamond if the diamond would consider Magus's consciousness in Elliot as the curse

And Elliot no longer sees being female as a curse.

So are we going to see Ellen in the comic equivalent of a carnival shooting gallery before she uses these tricks in canon?

It's The Man With The Golden Gun

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Elliot no longer sees being female as a curse.

I don't think whether or not the person is fine with an enchantment matters, since Nioi used enchantments to reduce her age a bit and change the colour of her skin/fur and the diamond considered them curses.

Basically curses are just another name for enchantment, though mainly used to refer to harmful or unwanted enchantments, the diamond doesn't differentiate between what's considered wanted or unwanted, just "this person has been affected by a magic spell, it must be removed!"

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

the diamond doesn't differentiate between what's considered wanted or unwanted, just "this person has been affected by a magic spell, it must be removed!"

What about Things that have been affected by magic spell?  Must that also be removed?  If so, there is a certain diamond that has been cursed with a magic spell that must be removed.

And no, I am not talking about the cursed Klopman Diamond.

8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What about Things that have been affected by magic spell?  Must that also be removed?  If so, there is a certain diamond that has been cursed with a magic spell that must be removed.

Hmm interesting though, what would happen if the Dewitchery Diamond from the prime universe came into contact with the Dewitchery Diamond from Lord Tedd's universe? Would they cancel each other out, effectively doing what Abraham couldn't? Or would they duplicate each other?

52 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's The Man With The Golden Gun

RIP Roger Moore.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if Magus succeeded in getting Ellen to zap him into Elliot and then get Elliot to touch the diamond to split them, there shouldn't be any need for nose beepery because technically Magus is the soul if we go by Nioi's explanation.

True. Other nose beepery would be only needed if they somehow create more than one additional clone.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Then the Dewitchery Diamond should split off the possession as a "curse." However, this could result in another female version of Elliot with Magus' memories in addition to Elliot's. Or maybe the Dewitchery Diamond would separate the "curses" from each other and we'd get three Elliots: Elliot (the Original Series); Ellen Part Deux (Just Elliot's memories in a female body and beam magic, again); and Magus (body by Elliot.) So that would mean either one nose beep or two more lotteries fixed, plus maybe a bigger Dunkel home because they all can't fit in Ellen-Ellen and Elliot-Elliot's room.

... yeah.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I still think that would be temporary if it does. Elliot should be able to just morph back, or Magus should be able to resist it enough to shorten the duration so that Elliot's male again before Magus has him touch the diamond. That "FV5 for a month" bit was before Tedd figured out that a person's resistance can shorten the duration. If Tedd hadn't said anything about how long it would last, Elliot probably would have turned back to normal well before school the next day.

Not true. Without being told, Elliot averages at half the time the enchantment is supposed to last, and that was AFTER awakening. Back then, I would expect he wouldn't be able to get rid of it sooner than in three weeks.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Vladia doesn't count because she's a part Uryuom Seyunolu like Grace and therefore the TFG and Ellen's beams don't actually enchant her, she could morph back on her own, but she chooses not to because the first time she tried morphing nearly killed her and so she's not willing to risk it. Vladia would also rather remain human anyway.

She doesn't have Lespuko parent, so she can't mix and match, but yes she should be able to morph back ... and then again morph to human. But she's afraid to try. I mean, not willing to risk.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think whether or not the person is fine with an enchantment matters, since Nioi used enchantments to reduce her age a bit and change the colour of her skin/fur and the diamond considered them curses.

Basically curses are just another name for enchantment, though mainly used to refer to harmful or unwanted enchantments, the diamond doesn't differentiate between what's considered wanted or unwanted, just "this person has been affected by a magic spell, it must be removed!"

I suspect that the diamond ACTUALLY work by separating enchantments and it was just Abraham who though all enchantments are curses.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hmm interesting though, what would happen if the Dewitchery Diamond from the prime universe came into contact with the Dewitchery Diamond from Lord Tedd's universe? Would they cancel each other out, effectively doing what Abraham couldn't? Or would they duplicate each other?

I'm pretty sure we will get four diamonds, but what abilities they would have would be harder to guess ... but considering it's massive diamonds, I think it's worth the try. What's the worst which can happen? That we will get rich? :)

On 5/22/2017 at 4:51 PM, hkmaly said:

Ellen, Elliot, Nanase ... Susan and Rhoda, that's all five with spellbooks. But I'm sure Sarah's spell could provide lot of points even without spellbook, and then we have Tedd's tech ... I think it could easily be years.

Have we seen that Rhoda has a spellbook? I am not remembering it (but then I have something less than a photographic memory).

If it's just a list of Awakened people, then add Justin.

10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ellen zaps a beam at Elliot, it hits Magus first, turning his body female... oops, he doesn't have a body... so the magic hits him and looks around going "NOW what do I do?". Meanwhile it's a powerful enough beam to throw Magus backward into Elliot, and Magus WANTS to possess Elliot's body temporarily, and the magic says "Oh, okay!"

Voila, one male Elliot possessed by Magus. Let's go find the diamond!

The result of that is one male Elliot who can - at will - become possessed by Magus and then throw off the possession, and one male Magus who can - at will - cause others to become possessed or dis-possessed by Magus. So in principle they could have a whole bunch of people all possessed by Magus running around at the same time.