• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday May 26, 2017

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I love how Elliot is just "Nobody's perfect" when defending "Box".

Ellen should admit that for marking all transgender people, immortal who is already marking people without permission would be ideal. What they (presumably) don't know is that Pandora - I mean Box already ended with it BECAUSE the risk of magic reset. Sure, speaking them about the need of secrecy COULD be safer, but I don't think it would be safe enough.

1 hour ago, Ranma_2k8 said:

Quickly, Ellen.  Talk your idiot brother down from this.  He will regret all the things if you don't.

Definitely. I already said yesterday: their FIRST spell will be gender change. Their SECOND spell, on the other hand, may be ANYTHING.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

This is a terrible plan. I can't wait to see Elliot begin to carry it into action.

... I hope Ellen will talk him out of it. He DIDN'T tried to show next to Cheerleadra with Grace's help, right? So there ARE ways how to talk him out of terrible plans.

Meanwhile, if they proposed this to Tedd ... that would be bad.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ellen should admit that for marking all transgender people, immortal who is already marking people without permission would be ideal. What they (presumably) don't know is that Pandora - I mean Box already ended with it BECAUSE the risk of magic reset. Sure, speaking them about the need of secrecy COULD be safer, but I don't think it would be safe enough.

Considering they know that Pandora/Box is responsible for the energy clog and marking people and is the reason Magic is close to changing. The fact that she's enlisted Sarah in helping unclog the nexus with the promise of helping her awaken would be enough for them to believe she's stopped marking people. But yeah, this goes along with what Edward said about letting people have access to wands with beneficial spells, their use would still allow people to awaken and get more spells, and it's not guaranteed that those spells wouldn't be abused in some way.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I hope Ellen will talk him out of it. He DIDN'T tried to show next to Cheerleadra with Grace's help, right? So there ARE ways how to talk him out of terrible plans.

To be fair, I was only saying so tongue in cheek. Even so, a lot of good stories can come from terrible plans either gone awry or stopped at the last moment!

(Half the supervillains in my old Champions tabletop game worked from really bad plans. The heroes worked to stop them not to keep them from success but in order to prevent the mess their inevitable failure would lead to...)

I know it probably won't last long but I have to admit I love this role reversal and hope we can use it to explore more of not just Elliot's but Ellen's character as well.

My guess is that we'll switch to another scene on Monday, leaving us in suspense as to just what Elliot has in mind for awhile. And perhaps giving Dan time to figure out exactly what Elliot has in mind, because the most basic factoid about Immortals in this comic is that they can't be seen. Elliot has seen exactly three, plus maybe Box/Pandora/Chaos/Creepy Floating Girl on TV when Carol was interviewing Rhoda at the end of Sister II.

Unless they're diverted by more vampires (a real possibility) Helen and Demetrius have been watching Elliot for a long time, but Elliot doesn't have a clue that they're doing that. Of course we don't have a clue why they're doing that. They don't have a clue.

I think the most plausible reason why they remember so little is that their meddling with Susan and Nanase triggered a forced reset. Probably because of how upset Susan was because they do remember her from before, even if they don't know why. Nanase didn't seem to be upset at all about getting awakened--although she would have been concerned for Susan afterwards and she felt she had to hide her magic from her mother. Obviously Nanase is upset with them now.

Anyway, they could just pop in Monday, but I think if they were going to do any popping soon, they would have done it in this episode, perhaps as a voice from an unseen source in the final panel. It's more Dan-Friday-ish.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

My guess is that we'll switch to another scene on Monday, leaving us in suspense as to just what Elliot has in mind for awhile. And perhaps giving Dan time to figure out exactly what Elliot has in mind, because the most basic factoid about Immortals in this comic is that they can't be seen. Elliot has seen exactly three, plus maybe Box/Pandora/Chaos/Creepy Floating Girl on TV when Carol was interviewing Rhoda at the end of Sister II.

Dan's commentary suggests we will have at least one another page with Ellen mentioning some of those problems. We might still get scene change before Elliot decides what he will do.

Anyway, they could just pop in Monday, but I think if they were going to do any popping soon, they would have done it in this episode, perhaps as a voice from an unseen source in the final panel. It's more Dan-Friday-ish.

Aaaand another page would give Dan another opportunity to get Helena and Demetrius (IF they are watching Elliot now) to make some comments.

It's more Dan-Friday-ish.

I think Dan repeatedly stated that his planing is not precise enough to allow having the "friday-ish" comics on Friday more often than randomly. Although maybe he got better in time ...

I think the most plausible reason why they remember so little is that their meddling with Susan and Nanase triggered a forced reset.

They certainly remember so little because of improper reset. But I don't think it was because of Susan and Nanase - at least not directly ; while what they did wasn't nice, it wasn't against immortal rules.

EDIT: Improper ; we don't know if forced.

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

They certainly remember so little because of forced reset. But I don't think it was because of Susan and Nanase - at least not directly ; while what they did wasn't nice, it wasn't against immortal rules.

If they believed they'd broken the rules, that would have been enough.

And that's what's wrong with the Immortal rules: They punish nice Immortals like H&D, and let loose cannons like Voltaire do all sorts of rolling around the deck.

We know that Les Immortels had an Improper reset, but I can not recall anything in the comic specifically indicating they had a Forced reset.

For this comic, I think prizes should go to anyone who can't think of a way Elliot's plan will fail.*

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Meanwhile, if they proposed this to Tedd ... that would be bad.

I still have not abandoned the idea that Tedd is an immortal.  But like in Highlander, we (and Tedd) won't know that for certain until Tedd should die, but fails to do so.  Maybe we could get Tedd to substitute for Kenny in a South Park fan fic...

*This is inspired by a quote supposedly from J Robert Oppenheimer.  "We have so many particles that you could give a Nobel Prize to the physicist that did not discover a particle that year. "

3 hours ago, animalia said:

I know it probably won't last long but I have to admit I love this role reversal and hope we can use it to explore more of not just Elliot's but Ellen's character as well.

I this is more along the lines of the past few months (comic time) Ellen's been "You need to loosen up more" and now she's "Whoa! that's too loose."

46 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If they believed they'd broken the rules, that would have been enough.

They didn't seemed to believe anything like that. Also, Jerry don't consider them nice.

36 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We know that Les Immortels had an Improper reset, but I can not recall anything in the comic specifically indicating they had a Forced reset.

Right. Important distinction. There may be other reasons while their reset was improper.

38 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I still have not abandoned the idea that Tedd is an immortal.  But like in Highlander, we (and Tedd) won't know that for certain until Tedd should die, but fails to do so. 

As if being Seer wouldn't be enough.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I this is more along the lines of the past few months (comic time) Ellen's been "You need to loosen up more" and now she's "Whoa! that's too loose."

I guess this should teach Eleen to be careful what she wishes for.

16 hours ago, animalia said:

I guess this should teach Eleen to be careful what she wishes for.

I hope not. Being careful even for what you wish for seems like very sad and frightened kind of life.

On 5/27/2017 at 9:21 PM, hkmaly said:

I hope not. Being careful even for what you wish for seems like very sad and frightened kind of life.

In case you couldn't tell I was joking.