• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Friday Jun 2, 2017

Sarah can do a Time-Stop-Simulation within a Time-Stop-Simulation within a Time-Stop-Simulation within a...

Can she go back to normal time at will?  Or does she need to close the simulations one at a time?

And can someone please get that girl some cute, pink, fuzzy-bunny slippers?

24 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sarah can do a Time-Stop-Simulation within a Time-Stop-Simulation within a Time-Stop-Simulation within a...

Can she? Or can she just PRETEND doing it?

25 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And can someone please get that girl some cute, pink, fuzzy-bunny slippers?

Inside the simulation, no problem :-)

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

If she were to speak to the audience, how many walls would she break according to Deadpool's math?

All of them.

You know, this scene reminds me of the things you can do in some games with creative or cheat mods that let you copy entities.

Also makes me wonder if Sarah and spawn in a number of copies of herself or someone/something else in one spot and then let physics take over. In minecraft there was a trick where you could spawn a large number of entities on a single tile space, chickens for instance, and then all you did was nudge them for collision to remember that there's hundreds of entities too close together and cause the chicken bomb to explode. Another trick was filling a 1x1x1 spot (surrounded by blocks on all 6 sides) with squid and running into one of the inner corners caused you to bounce (more like launched into space) off. We'd get kicked from the server for fly hacking with that trick lol.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Another trick was filling a 1x1x1 spot (surrounded by blocks on all 6 sides) with squid and running into one of the inner corners caused you to bounce (more like launched into space) off. We'd get kicked from the server for fly hacking with that trick lol.

She don't need using tricks to fly. And anything she could try with collision detection will probably end up messy and nauseating, because real physics collision detection is very destructive.

9 hours ago, HarJIT said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... is she going to play with herself?

In what sense? ;)

Depends if results will be shown in canon or on Patreon, probably. Although, with the censor bird involved ...

Regarding Dan's commentary and the questionable need for a plural form of "forever"... I'm still trying to figure out what sort of story would reasonably be tagged with "multiverses"...

In regards to the "BFFs" title, I wonder it Dan considers it ominous because it's foreshadowing something. For instance, the title for this page is "Not Quite BFFs", so while we currently have Sarah doing some things with her spell, maybe before this part is done we'll see something to do with Abraham's return. Pandora did warn Magus that Abraham would be an adversary in Magus' quest for a body, so if this arc is when Magus succeeds then Abraham would logically also be involved especially is it's part of the atonement.

So the question is, does DGB still have the Abraham statue in a prison cell? If so does Abraham have the means to escape? It's possible they did move the statue to another location but the page I liked had the question of "how the hell are we supposed to get him out of that cell?" so it'd be a case of whether it's worth moving him or not.

The other question is, would Abraham truly be Magus' adversary? I'd think after being told that killing Ellen was against what he promised, he'd make sure he wouldn't make the same mistake again. Despite Magus' situation, taking possession of a new duplicate of Elliot wouldn't likely make him a monster unless Magus tried to do anything evil, the danger would be from Sirleck taking possession of Magus after he gets his new body, so I'm thinking as part of Abraham's atonement, he'll be more of an adversary to Sirleck and the other aberrations. Maybe he comes to Adrian's aid? I know Abraham originally saw Adrian as an enemy standing between him and his task, but that task was killing Ellen, and since that's no longer on the table, Abraham must figure that his quarrel with Adrian was a mistake and so helping Adrian might be seen as atonement as well.

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
16 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Regarding Dan's commentary and the questionable need for a plural form of "forever"... I'm still trying to figure out what sort of story would reasonably be tagged with "multiverses"...

Crisis on Infinite Earths?

That's still SINGLE multiverse. But DC versus Marvel, based on description (didn't read the comics itself) ...

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

In regards to the "BFFs" title, I wonder it Dan considers it ominous because it's foreshadowing something. For instance, the title for this page is "Not Quite BFFs", so while we currently have Sarah doing some things with her spell, maybe before this part is done we'll see something to do with Abraham's return. Pandora did warn Magus that Abraham would be an adversary in Magus' quest for a body, so if this arc is when Magus succeeds then Abraham would logically also be involved especially is it's part of the atonement.

Well my speculation that those BFFs refers to Sarah playing with herself was joke. I would assume it's related to something else as well.

Although I don't think Abraham returning would be close enough to be in this arc. And remember, "Sisters" can still mean multiple sisters as well (and will probably END meaning multiple sisters, similarly how LOTR:  The Two Towers can refer to Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul OR Minas Tirith and Barad-dûr OR even Minas Morgul and Barad-dûr OR maybe Orthanc or Tower of Cirith Ungol are referenced and seriously why it's named Two Towers and not Five Towers?)

So the question is, does DGB still have the Abraham statue in a prison cell? If so does Abraham have the means to escape? It's possible they did move the statue to another location but the page I liked had the question of "how the hell are we supposed to get him out of that cell?" so it'd be a case of whether it's worth moving him or not.

Question is if they can spare a cell for statue. It's possible they were forced to move him out to put not-Tengu in. (Or someone else, but conservation of details suggests that it might actually be not-Tengu.)

The other question is, would Abraham truly be Magus' adversary? I'd think after being told that killing Ellen was against what he promised, he'd make sure he wouldn't make the same mistake again. Despite Magus' situation, taking possession of a new duplicate of Elliot wouldn't likely make him a monster unless Magus tried to do anything evil

Taking body COULD be seen as evil. Abraham will likely not be so quick to kill him, but can still be adversary in less deadly sense. Like, Magus will need to convince him he's good.

the danger would be from Sirleck taking possession of Magus after he gets his new body, so I'm thinking as part of Abraham's atonement, he'll be more of an adversary to Sirleck and the other aberrations. Maybe he comes to Adrian's aid? I know Abraham originally saw Adrian as an enemy standing between him and his task, but that task was killing Ellen, and since that's no longer on the table, Abraham must figure that his quarrel with Adrian was a mistake and so helping Adrian might be seen as atonement as well.

Hmmmm ... neither Abraham nor Adrian would be particularly happy about it but yes I can imagine they end up fighting together on same side.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Taking body COULD be seen as evil. Abraham will likely not be so quick to kill him, but can still be adversary in less deadly sense. Like, Magus will need to convince him he's good.

Magus could at least start with "I had been given the task to make sure you were killed not too long ago but I refused, I would like the chance to explain myself before you do anything." At the very least it'd be an opportunity for Magus to reveal any more info to us.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... neither Abraham nor Adrian would be particularly happy about it but yes I can imagine they end up fighting together on same side.

If Abraham understands that Adrian was just defending his students, then Abraham shouldn't have a problem, but Adrian would understandably be wary of Abraham, unless of course if Adrian was cornered and suddenly a couple vampires happen to disintegrate or something because of Abraham.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:
26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Magus could at least start with "I had been given the task to make sure you were killed not too long ago but I refused, I would like the chance to explain myself before you do anything." At the very least it'd be an opportunity for Magus to reveal any more info to us.

Yes. They can be opponents in discussion instead of fighting.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If Abraham understands that Adrian was just defending his students, then Abraham shouldn't have a problem

There is also that bit about Adrian being elf. Abraham didn't seemed to react on how Adrian explained him he should be fighting him instead of the student, but he might still think there is some point in it.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

if Adrian was cornered and suddenly a couple vampires happen to disintegrate or something because of Abraham.

... so yes, I suspect some sort of "cornered" situation.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

There is also that bit about Adrian being elf. Abraham didn't seemed to react on how Adrian explained him he should be fighting him instead of the student, but he might still think there is some point in it.

The reaction was more from a misunderstanding of immortal laws, Abraham believed that Adrian couldn't act against him just like Immortals couldn't directly fight a mortal unless the mortal directly attacked first. Pandora couldn't kill Abraham herself even though Abraham nearly killed Adrian and Adrian did explain that he was capable of acting if there's magic involved and is a threat to himself or others, and made it clear that Abraham was the aggressor.

Abraham's not innately evil, he may have been arrogant in his ability to create an object that would cure lycanthropy, but that error in judgment might have stemmed from grief over the loss of his master, obsession with curing the nobleman, assumptions that the diamond was such a failure that only abominations could come from it, and the belief that letting Ellen live regardless of who she is would break his oath just put him in a very bad position. Nanase pointed out this error to him and he seemed to respond well to this knowledge hence the change from "I rise only to reap what I have sown" to "I rise only to atone for my sins."