• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday June 9, 2017

So, if Ellen can change sex with the scan/paste spell by switching which hands do the scan and paste, then does that mean that Ellen can do the equivalent of MV5 by zapping with the right hand instead of the left?

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am certain that there will never be a plot element in EGS that revolves around Ellen in a position where she must use her magic with the wrong hand.

What about martial arts habits that say, "If your center of balance is here and your target is there, use this hand."?

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am certain that there will never be a plot element in EGS that revolves around Ellen in a position where she must use her magic with the wrong hand.

It most certainly would make it so a certain wizard without a body wouldn't have to worry about ending up female if they could manipulate Ellen into zapping with the right hand.

Speaking of which, do we know what everyone's primary hand is? Ellen seems like a Lefty considering that's been her main zappy hand, I would assume that automatically makes Elliot a lefty as well since Ellen would have gotten her lefthandedness from him. What about the others?

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I would assume that automatically makes Elliot a lefty as well since Ellen would have gotten her lefthandedness from him.

Unless handedness is a trait was mirrored, rather than copied, in the Dewitchery Diamond Debacle.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Unless handedness is a trait was mirrored, rather than copied, in the Dewitchery Diamond Debacle.

Maybe, I'd have to re-read the entire archives again, but so far the only evidence to a character's primary hand is which hand they hold their cell phones with, and yeah Elliot does seem to hold his cell phone with his right hand while Ellen holds hers with her left.

I'm hoping we can go on to the equivalent of the complete body switches so beloved of Sailorsun.org. I wonder if Ellen could do this with Brownie and Elliot. After all, we've only seen Ellen as a talking cat, and we've never seen Elliot chasing mice even once.

21 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm hoping we can go on to the equivalent of the complete body switches so beloved of Sailorsun.org. I wonder if Ellen could do this with Brownie and Elliot. After all, we've only seen Ellen as a talking cat, and we've never seen Elliot chasing mice even once.

Eh, we did see him play with a ball of yarn once, didn't we?

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

So, if Ellen can change sex with the scan/paste spell by switching which hands do the scan and paste, then does that mean that Ellen can do the equivalent of MV5 by zapping with the right hand instead of the left?

Not without source to scan.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
16 hours ago, Scotty said:

I would assume that automatically makes Elliot a lefty as well since Ellen would have gotten her lefthandedness from him.

Why would it? It's not like she's completely mirrored (with heart on right), is it?

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

Speaking of which, do we know what everyone's primary hand is?

Hmmm ... I don't think we saw anyone writing ... we saw them eating, but that likely wouldn't be reliable ... and I'm not sure the zapping is reliable.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Eh, we did see him play with a ball of yarn once, didn't we?

Yes we did. We also saw complete body switches in Goonmanji.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Can't really be certain of that. Based on her other spells so far, the fact that being able to turn Susan male through the scan/paste spell means that Ellen is no longer getting strictly female transformation spells, so logically there is the potential for her to get the equivalent of MV5 to go along with her FV5 beam.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:
30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Can't really be certain of that. Based on her other spells so far, the fact that being able to turn Susan male through the scan/paste spell means that Ellen is no longer getting strictly female transformation spells, so logically there is the potential for her to get the equivalent of MV5 to go along with her FV5 beam.

Ok. Based on spells already explained. She may be able to do it with additional, not yet explained spell, yes.

On 6/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, hkmaly said:

Why would it? It's not like she's completely mirrored (with heart on right), is it?

No, but it is very common with real-life identical twins for their dominant hand to be mirrored.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:
On 06/10/2017 at 0:28 AM, hkmaly said:

No, but it is very common with real-life identical twins for their dominant hand to be mirrored.

Interesting ... (looking for it) ... well, 21% is not that much (although it's more than average) and it's supposed to be caused by environmental factors in womb, which is not exactly applicable for Ellen.

Of course, she MAY be left-handed because of flair for drama and the fact that this phenomena exists for "normal" twins. We can't exactly say earth magic is scientific enough to ignore reasons like this. :)

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, she MAY be left-handed because of flair for drama and the fact that this phenomena exists for "normal" twins. We can't exactly say earth magic is scientific enough to ignore reasons like this. :)

That depends! Remember, any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That depends! Remember, any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!

Which is likely EXACTLY the reason why EGS-earth magic don't want to go public. It's one thing when seers are doing it, it's another if everyone would be analyzing it.

Maybe EGS-earth magic have similar view on being science as Diane on being nerd?