• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Wednesday June 14, 2017

Ok. Not yet completely confirmed, but it's getting harder and harder reading it as anything else than not only as elves being able to have kids, but than Raven already having child ... well, children.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

IF the big secret is NOT that half immortals can bear/sire children, then Dan is setting up the most epic misdirection narrative ever.

More like most unbelievable. Definitely even more epic than Susan and Diane being twins, and that's a big record to overpass. Also, I still think they may be :)

(Also, the theory that Susan and Diane are not only Adrian's descendants but kids just got little more likely. It still seems to me that Adrian is not the type to cheat, but ...)

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

IF the big secret is NOT that half immortals can bear/sire children, then Dan is setting up the most epic misdirection narrative ever.

For many generations now, Immortals have mistakenly passed the belief on to their children that they cannot use the Extravagant Spellbreaker card from Magical Gatherings.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ok. Not yet completely confirmed, but it's getting harder and harder reading it as anything else than not only as elves being able to have kids, but than Raven already having child ... well, children.

More like most unbelievable. Definitely even more epic than Susan and Diane being twins, and that's a big record to overpass. Also, I still think they may be :)

Ok I can see the page now, and it really is looking like Adrian is related to Diane and Susan, how exactly though? He couldn't have been Mr Pompoms himself, he would probably have been preoccupied with Edward and Noriko, Tedd wouldn't have been born yet when Diane and Susan were conceived.

So if Adrian isn't Diane and Susan's father, then he's more likely their grandfather, and Pandora's "of course THEY were his" might imply that Mr Pompoms had a brother, either half brother or twin, and each of them are Susan's and Diane's fathers, which would make them cousins. The fact they look very similar is much like how Tedd and Nanase look very similar.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, the theory that Susan and Diane are not only Adrian's descendants but kids just got little more likely. It still seems to me that Adrian is not the type to cheat, but

Can't be, Susan is sure Mr Pompoms is most definitely her biological dad, and given everything else we know, I see no reason to doubt that.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ok I can see the page now, and it really is looking like Adrian is related to Diane and Susan, how exactly though? He couldn't have been Mr Pompoms himself, he would probably have been preoccupied with Edward and Noriko, Tedd wouldn't have been born yet when Diane and Susan were conceived.

Adrian wasn't preoccupied with just Edward and Noriko. I think we can safely say Mrs. Kitsune was part of same group. Yeah, seems like he wouldn't have time for Mrs. Pompoms, much less her AND some blonde. I mean, if he would be teaching at school, teaching three magic users and having affair, he would at least need to introduce his students to Mrs. Pompoms so she wouldn't worry where he is all the time.

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So if Adrian isn't Diane and Susan's father, then he's more likely their grandfather, and Pandora's "of course THEY were his" might imply that Mr Pompoms had a brother, either half brother or twin, and each of them are Susan's and Diane's fathers, which would make them cousins. The fact they look very similar is much like how Tedd and Nanase look very similar.

OR Diane is still child of Mr. Pompoms and Susan's sister and Raven's other child is someone else.

OR maybe Mrs. Pompoms AND the other woman with Susan's face are the children Pandora is speaking about (half-sisters, likely, making Susan and Diane half-sisters AND cousins - no wonder they look like twins).

OR Pandora is speaking about Susan and Diane being Adrian's grandchildren and she just sounds little weird because "grandchildren" is not thing commonly being left out but she wants to be as vague as possible.

2 minutes ago, partner555 said:
42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, the theory that Susan and Diane are not only Adrian's descendants but kids just got little more likely. It still seems to me that Adrian is not the type to cheat, but

Can't be, Susan is sure Mr Pompoms is most definitely her biological dad, and given everything else we know, I see no reason to doubt that.

He wasn't ever called Mr. Pompoms IN CANON, that's only how we are referring to him. And his face wasn't shown.

Story arc title: Sister III. For some reason I thought it would be about Elliot and/or Ellen again.

"They" could refer to anyone, given that we don't actually know how old Raven is. My guess is an ancestor of Susan and Diane's somewhere back, but I'm really pumped to learn more now.

If "his" means Adrian, then my guess would be that "they" means Tedd.  (Although my first thought was that she was referring to a common ancestor of all sensitives... but reading the thread, maybe not.)

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Can be. Adrian can change his appearance. In fact, he seems to have some morphing ability like Grace. Without his elf ears, he can't taste magic. This is like Grace losing special senses when she morphs away her antennae.

Check out my comments for Monday's comic for my "Adrian as horndog" theory. I think it's still the simplest explanation and the most consistent with today's comic. The last person we know Pandora was with was Susan when she snatched up Tiny Jerry. Susan looks like Adrian's natural form--in at least one early strip, she was said to have Vulcan-like ears. "Of course they're his."

But what about the Woman With Susan's Face?

Say, has anyone considered the possibility that Adrian can also be Adrienne?

Edited by Tom Sewell
Added link.

Hmm.  His illusory daughter looking like Susan does seem like foreshadowing, doesn't it?  But that leaves unanswered why he would have had sex with Susan's mother, or why Diane would be born at the same moment, or why they'd be identical.  Plus the fact that Susan's not a natural indigo.  Then again, everything about this arc (...by the way, any comment from Dan on how long it's going to be?  We're on part 13, and it feels fairly early still...) makes it seem like it's building to something regarding Diane and Susan...

Well, heredity can be strange sometimes.  I hear Hamilton's first son looked exactly like a male lover from around the time of his birth...

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What if Adrian is Tedd's father?

No, Noriko talked about her and Edward's bloodlines when she talked with Adrian about Tedd's apparent lack of magic. Since we know that Noriko has at least one other child, Adrian might be the father, but not Tedd's father.

Anybody thought that Adrian might be Edward's father?

My cookies are still on Susan (and Diane), though.

Putting aside the "who's their daddy?" question, the way I see this going is that Pandora is going to say she can't talk to Adrian now because he's the one who's going to take down the dam. And I think she won't get the chance later because she's going to get a forced reset in the climax of Sister III.

Two things catch my attention here.

"They were his" means multiple kids, but also uses the past tense.

And exactly why do Immortals consistently choose to lie to future selves about this matter?

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Two things catch my attention here.

"They were his" means multiple kids, but also uses the past tense.

No no, it means that Mr. Raven had no less than three of the ultra-rare Extravagant Spellbreaker card but that he traded them away for less useful cards because he thought he couldn't use them.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

No, Noriko talked about her and Edward's bloodlines when she talked with Adrian about Tedd's apparent lack of magic. Since we know that Noriko has at least one other child, Adrian might be the father, but not Tedd's father.

Anybody thought that Adrian might be Edward's father?

Adrian might also be Susan's (insert degree of greatness-)Grandfather, either paternal or maternal. If paternal, that'd explain Diane and his possible not knowing of his link to her. Maybe?

Edited by ProfessorTomoe
moar speculation

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Adrian wasn't preoccupied with just Edward and Noriko. I think we can safely say Mrs. Kitsune was part of same group. Yeah, seems like he wouldn't have time for Mrs. Pompoms, much less her AND some blonde. I mean, if he would be teaching at school, teaching three magic users and having affair, he would at least need to introduce his students to Mrs. Pompoms so she wouldn't worry where he is all the time.

Adrian wouldn't have been teaching them at the time of Susan's and Diane's conceptions, Edward and Noriko would have been out of high school for a few years, had recently been married and was expecting Tedd at the time, Adrian was still very much in contact with them though and it doesn't seem like he would have had the time or even the desire to pose as Mr Pompoms, marry Mrs Pompoms and have a child with her while cheating and having a child with someone else, and then cheating again several years later while Edward and Noriko's marriage was falling apart.

Although, maybe Noriko did cheat on Edward with Adrian? I mean yeah Edward and Adrian aren't on very good terms, but Edward didn't seem all "you slept with my wife!" when Adrian called him asking for help with the boar issue. Unless Adrian wasn't given a choice in the matter, but Edward still blamed him for Noriko taking such extreme measure, there's also the fact that Adrian should have also told them that he couldn't have children unless Noriko didn't believe it? I dunno, and offspring of Noriko and Adrian could explain a half sibling for Tedd that's 1/4 Immortal.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

OR maybe Mrs. Pompoms AND the other woman with Susan's face are the children Pandora is speaking about (half-sisters, likely, making Susan and Diane half-sisters AND cousins - no wonder they look like twins).

I want to think that it's Mr Pompoms that's the connection here, unless all the times we've seen him in Susan's flashbacks have his face blanked out is a red herring.

7 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

"They" could refer to anyone, given that we don't actually know how old Raven is. My guess is an ancestor of Susan and Diane's somewhere back, but I'm really pumped to learn more now.

A theory I just had last night, was that maybe Adrian is the father of multiple children, Mr Pompoms might be the most recent offspring (if you don't count my earlier theory), but throughout his life, Adrian live in many countries. If he lived in Germany, he might have had a relationship with a Dunkel, in France maybe a Verres, in England maybe a Tolkiberry or Brown, or rather, women who's children eventually ended up in those families The possibilities are endless.

I left the Kitsune Family out mainly because of another theory that seems very likely given recent information, that the reason that Tara saw royal heritage in Nanase, is because her ancestor also was the child of an Mortal and Fairy, I dunno if that means that Adrian specifically is her ancestor though, it was implied that Nanase's family of monster hunters goes back quite a ways and while we have no idea of how old Adrian is, it'd be hard to say whether he's related to Nanase, or if it was another Elf that started her family line.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I want to think that it's Mr Pompoms that's the connection here, unless all the times we've seen him in Susan's flashbacks have his face blanked out is a red herring.

Susan's father is a fish?