• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 6/17/17 - Louder than Words

ComicNumber674.png

Necros does, indeed, enjoy monologuing, as we've already established, but he doesn't want to be one of those villains who monologues to the point of giving the heroes adequate time or information to free themselves from a bad situation. He never liked that old cliche.

Also, it's the return of the classic Necrobots! While they can be a bit of a pain to draw, I'm rather proud of their design. Part skeleton, part cobra, part velociraptor, part scorpion, part mantis, and all bad! Inspired by the armies that other superheroes had to face - such as the Ninja Turtles' Foot Soldiers or the Power Ranger's Putties - their initial design was more mannequin-like and not terribly threatening. Then, I made some redesigns based on a robot from a drawing book called "Anatomy for the Fantasy Artist", giving it a mask-like head, more segments in its joints and body, sharp claws, and a thin, gaunt body. I felt like I was getting closer, but it needed more tweaks to look even more threatening. I wound up cherry-picking physical traits from other creatures to look more bestial until I came up with its current design. By making them look part-animal, Necrobots appear as though they have the killer insticts of beasts but with none of the emotion.

Like many supervillain armies, Necrobots are fairly weak... at least, in terms of defense. However, their lanky bodies are fast, agile, and can strike quickly. Those wiry frames can dish out a lot more damage than they can take, so a lone hero - especially a physically- and mentally-exhausted one like Belt Boy - is in serious trouble dealing with a large group at the same time.