• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Got gang attacked while checking/scanning a wormhole.

Ow...yeah, that's not fun. Though gotta ask, did you park around a celestial or structure to do the scanning? I was always told that if I was to be scanning in lowsec, nullsec, or W-space that I needed to make it somewhat difficult to find me by making some warp bookmarks somewhere between planets, and then bookmarks between the bookmarks. Potential gankers would need to scan you down to find you and if you keep an eye on your directional scan you might be able to catch their probes out and GTFO to station, I wouldn't risk trying to get out of the system unless you know the gates are clear and you can do that by making bookmarks at least 100km from the gates so that you can see the gate and then be able to warp to 0 on it and jump out.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Though gotta ask, did you park around a celestial or structure to do the scanning?

Guilty.  Parked around the wormhole.

Eve's new content "Resource Wars" is freaking hard.  Mine a crapload of stuff while fighting off waves of pirates, in 12 minutes, limited, so far I've seen of 3 people in the "room".

Not sure if I like it or not, but will be poking it with sticks and seeing about joining a corp to do it in fleets like it should be done.

Bugger all this for a lark.

Okay. My Sith Warrior in The Old Republic FINALLY managed to get a complete Bastila Shan outfit. You have no idea how long I have wanted that.

Problem: It does not look right on her. At all.

Insult to injury: It looks awesome on her companion Vette. SHE can carry it off, blast her green Twi'lek hide.

I hate her.

Well, I'm not PvP ready in Eve.  Lost two destroyers today.  Buying a cruiser when I get back in.  My little mining corp is at war now.  Bleh.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Sansha's Minions vs Hobgoblin II drones.  A 2x2 fight isn't really fair.

I don't even bother to stop mining, just let the drones deal with the gnats.

It is such an immensely satisfying feeling in any game when your defences are working so well that you do not even need to pay attention to any attackers.

There was this time once where I was playing my World of Warcraft paladin way back before any expansions even. I had reached level 60 (max at the time) and was headed for a dangerous area known as the Plaguelands. I was supposed to meet up with friends so I waited in what was technically a hostile area but populated only by the lowest level of the enemy faction. Then, suddenly I hear an odd clanking sound repeat itself over and over and notice that an enemy player is attacking me. A level 6 rogue. Well, the massive mismatch means that she can't really hurt me, so I felt it would be mean to hit back. I try to shoo her off but she keeps attacking me. And by then the sound of her blunting her blades against my plate armour is starting to irritate me and I think she has actually managed to make a pixel of my health bar disappear, so I decide that enough is enough and turn on my retribution aura. This is a damage shield that returns a minor amount of damage to anyone who hits you.

Minor damage for a level 60, that is. For a level 6, not so much. Three hits later the rogue had killed herself hitting me. She stopped bothering me after that.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It is such an immensely satisfying feeling in any game when your defences are working so well that you do not even need to pay attention to any attackers.

There was this time once where I was playing my World of Warcraft paladin way back before any expansions even. I had reached level 60 (max at the time) and was headed for a dangerous area known as the Plaguelands. I was supposed to meet up with friends so I waited in what was technically a hostile area but populated only by the lowest level of the enemy faction. Then, suddenly I hear an odd clanking sound repeat itself over and over and notice that an enemy player is attacking me. A level 6 rogue. Well, the massive mismatch means that she can't really hurt me, so I felt it would be mean to hit back. I try to shoo her off but she keeps attacking me. And by then the sound of her blunting her blades against my plate armour is starting to irritate me and I think she has actually managed to make a pixel of my health bar disappear, so I decide that enough is enough and turn on my retribution aura. This is a damage shield that returns a minor amount of damage to anyone who hits you.

Minor damage for a level 60, that is. For a level 6, not so much. Three hits later the rogue had killed herself hitting me. She stopped bothering me after that.

I remember there was a video about a lowbie player trying to PVP a level 60 back in the day, the level 60 thought they were safe and went AFK for a bit, they returned just in time to see the lowbie finally make the killing blow.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I remember there was a video about a lowbie player trying to PVP a level 60 back in the day, the level 60 thought they were safe and went AFK for a bit, they returned just in time to see the lowbie finally make the killing blow.

Oh yes. This could happen, too. I still remember with vast satisfaction how a level 59 rogue once went on a killing spree in our starting area. He got himself swarmed by lowbies. He had a crowd of at least a dozen or more of us constantly using stuns, roots and whatever else we could think of on him. Some of them kept getting through and eventually he went down under a pile of enraged level 6 to 11 characters. We had a field day on the forums with that one.

Another rather less extreme example took place in the desert next to the enormous Un'Goro Crater. A level 60 night elf rogue decided to gank two undead priests who were adventuring next to the crater. These two were both level 48, I think. Normally he would likely have won handily but instead both priests used mind control on him and made him jump into the Crater. The furious rogue had to spend a long time recovering his body due to the vast distances and finally returned almost half an hour later, bent on revenge. When he attacked them, they mind controlled him once more and had him leap into the Crater again.

At that point he made a fatal mistake. He went on the forums and complained about how he had been treated. Needless to say, the levels of sympathy for a ganker targeting victims far below him in level were not exactly high. The storms of scorn that greeted him were awesome to behold. He made one last outraged attempt and posted, "Well, what would YOU say if some crappy undead priest mind controlled you to jump into Un'Goro Crater?"

The very next post replied, "I would say, AIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

For some reason he gave up after that. :danshiftyeyes:

14 hours into Pokemon UltraMoon, 57 on my Pokedex. I started with a Popplio this time, though I was half-tempted to do another Litten-Ledybug pairing, this time calling them Felix and Bridgette.

Hey @mlooney, thought this might be of interest to you:

There's a friend of mine that's played Eve for years. He hasn't played much in the past while though but still has 1 of his accounts subbed so that he could pop in from time to time. About an hour ago he became aware of CCP's 20th anniversary promotion where if you buy tickets to both Fanfest 2017 and EVE Vegas 2017, you would get a free Marshal Concord Battleship. Not wanting to buy tickets, he checked to see if anyone was selling theirs.

He dropped 35 billion ISK on one that was on contract in Jita. It costs 300 million to fully insure with a 1 billion return.

He said he'll only unpackage it to sit and spin if he feels like it. :D

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hey @mlooney, thought this might be of interest to you:

There's a friend of mine that's played Eve for years. He hasn't played much in the past while though but still has 1 of his accounts subbed so that he could pop in from time to time. About an hour ago he became aware of CCP's 20th anniversary promotion where if you buy tickets to both Fanfest 2017 and EVE Vegas 2017, you would get a free Marshal Concord Battleship. Not wanting to buy tickets, he checked to see if anyone was selling theirs.

He dropped 35 billion ISK on one that was on contract in Jita. It costs 300 million to fully insure with a 1 billion return.

He said he'll only unpackage it to sit and spin if he feels like it. :D

Someone has unpacked one and took it out for a spin.

It didn't go well.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Someone has unpacked one and took it out for a spin.

It didn't go well.

Looking at the article, the player took the Marshal out with the intention of losing it, but at least wanted to see how much damage he could do before it happened. And he apparently got a faction fit Bhaalgorn for his sacrifice, so I'd said it went pretty decent overall.

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here. @The Old Hack, punish me appropriately if I am.

If anyone remembers, I wrote the music for the new episodes included in the Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour. I used a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my sound interface for that work. Now, I am in need of a more accurate version of the hardware (the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 version 2.0) to produce new music to go along with an album including the DN3D:20 music. I've laid out the money in advance, but since I am on disability, I don't make much to back it up.

If I were to box up the original version 1.0, autograph both it and the box, and put it on E-Bay, do you think anyone here might be interested in it at a $60 to $75 souvenir price point? Would anyone in another forum that you're aware of be interested?

Sorry to take up forum space. I'm awaiting my chastisement.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Sorry to take up forum space. I'm awaiting my chastisement.

Not to worry, old friend. It's fine.

I am interested but very strapped for cash at the moment. Maybe someone else here might be interested, though?

17 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

If I were to box up the original version 1.0, autograph both it and the box, and put it on E-Bay, do you think anyone here might be interested in it at a $60 to $75 souvenir price point? Would anyone in another forum that you're aware of be interested?

Do you know where you're going to buy it from?  I have no use for what you're selling but I might be able to send you a gift card to help you buy what you want.