• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday June 19, 2017

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Good point. Also, yes, would totally crap his host.

Immortals on THIS half of earth CAN lie, but note that Pandora was also avoiding direct lie when talking with Sarah ... so, either it's because they actually WERE on the other half and don't want to get out of practice OR it's just more fun like this for them.

I think that if she would VOW to kill him, she would end up remembering it at least as well as Helena and Demetrius remember they need to protect Elliot.

Who else hopes we find out why they are protecting Eliot soon? My bet is on it having to do with his special relationship with Tedd.

16 minutes ago, animalia said:

Who else hopes we find out why they are protecting Eliot soon? My bet is on it having to do with his special relationship with Tedd.

We may even find out what the relationship exactly is - the word Pandora didn't tell to dream wizard.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The most serious competition would be Elliot, but ... while the hug from Grace is clear, the ones from buldog dragon, Catalina and Nanase might be declared "not hug enough" ...

Eh, I just wanted an excuse to make a collage of Sarah being hugged.

After spending more time than I should on compiling references, I think Elliot will win and that even Tedd was hugged by more people than Sarah. Although I probably missed some Grace's hugs. On the other hand, Grace will win the "not really hug but looking like one" category, with fire monsters, Greg and Dex :)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

After spending more time than I should on compiling references, I think Elliot will win and that even Tedd was hugged by more people than Sarah. Although I probably missed some Grace's hugs. On the other hand, Grace will win the "not really hug but looking like one" category, with fire monsters, Greg and Dex :)

There's also Grace hugging Tedd and then cuddling in best the rest of the night, seems to happen often I think.

Also, Tedd hugging Elliot and Grace (with Sarah joining) after the return from The Nest. A little later, Sarah and Elliot.

Ellen tacklehugging Grace, Grace also hugged Ellen several times the first couple days of school, Grace also hugged Rhoda and Diane. Grace tackleglomped Tedd apparently numerous times.

Also for both Grace and Ellen, we shouldn't forget that photos exist.

I know there's more, but it's late and I can't get lost in another archive dive. lol

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I know there's more, but it's late and I can't get lost in another archive dive. lol

You mean you haven't built your own cross-indexed archive yet?

You mean you are building your own instead of helping with wiki?

59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There's also Grace hugging Tedd and then cuddling in best the rest of the night, seems to happen often I think.

Also, Tedd hugging Elliot and Grace (with Sarah joining) after the return from The Nest. A little later, Sarah and Elliot.

Ellen tacklehugging Grace, Grace also hugged Ellen several times the first couple days of school, Grace also hugged Rhoda and Diane. Grace tackleglomped Tedd apparently numerous times.

Also for both Grace and Ellen, we shouldn't forget that photos exist.

I don't expect to classify all hugs. Especially between Grace and Tedd the numbers would be too high. I just want all pairs. Thanks for Grace.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I have helped with the wiki. But I don't have the fastest wifi here, so I usually rely on my own archive to look up references to give you all those nice weblinks. I'm rebuilding it after a computer meltdown last week, so if my blinding speed has been off, I hope you'll understand. I used to have nearly all of Dan's commentaries saved too, but building that up took months.

Isn't OCD wonderful?

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I have helped with the wiki.

... I always forget people can have different usernames :)

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

But I don't have the fastest wifi here, so I usually rely on my own archive to look up references to give you all those nice weblinks.

Local cache is allowed :)

Even with optical cable, local computer is faster. Also, it makes no sense to copy Dan's commentaries on wiki just so they can be fulltext-searched. But thematic indexes should be put on wiki. Like I just did with hugs.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm rebuilding it after a computer meltdown last week, so if my blinding speed has been off, I hope you'll understand. I used to have nearly all of Dan's commentaries saved too, but building that up took months.

Isn't OCD wonderful?

I'm probably not OCD enough, since my local archive is years behind in sorting. That, or I'm too OCD to sort it suboptimally.

I think that the last panel in today's comic is somehow both the most heartwarming and the saddest thing I have seen all month. Box has kept the world at arm's length for such a long time. I don't think she has even allowed herself any sort of friend since she lost Blaike. Or realised that she might need one. *sigh*

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I don't think she has even allowed herself any sort of friend since she lost Blaike.

Oh, man, don't foreshadow like this! What would EGS be like without Sarah? Say it ain't so!

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think that the last panel in today's comic is somehow both the most heartwarming and the saddest thing I have seen all month.

Totally, but I would say its potentially waaaay sadder.  I hadn't realized initially, but we are looking down the barrel of a metric F-ton of feels rapidly approaching with what is probably the biggest plotline resolution(s) to date.  We are one day away from what will likely be some very big changes, and every time I look at Box fading from view while telling Sarah that she is a good friend I'm thinking that this will be the last time we see her, or some variation on that theme.  She might as well have said "I'm retiring next week!" in a buddy cop movie.  My money is on Box/Pandora resetting, along with Voltaire, and some future scene where Sarah again encounters Box, who she first thinks is still herself until it becomes apparent that she is now actually a child.

/sniff

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wow, does that site have a lot of video ads trying to play!  Do they assume everyone has optical connections now?

2 hours ago, Nayl said:

My money is on Box/Pandora resetting, along with Voltaire, and some future scene where Sarah again encounters Box, who she first thinks is still herself until it becomes apparent that she is now actually a child.

Me, I'm hoping whenever it is Pandora resets, she'll turn into the college-student-persona from "Marker" and end up roommates with Sarah and Grace.  :-)

2 hours ago, Nayl said:

We are one day away from what will likely be some very big changes

Yes, but it's a Moperville day.

You know, there are signs that could point to permanent cast departures to people other than Pandora. I've said before that Ashley seems like the Transitional Girl, and as a very brave but unpowered character seems like a good candidate for the death that will push Elliot into becoming a full-time superhero. But then, while Sarah now has magic, it's not the kind that's very useful in a firefight. And she's at least as much an obstacle to Susan getting together with Elliot as Ashley. And maybe ominously, neither Sarah nor Ashley are on the cover page of Sister III.

There's something else about that cover that continues to gnaw at me. Which way is Pandora facing? Alone of the seven characters on the cover (the others being Elliot and Ellen, Susan and Diane, Magus, and Sirleck), Pandora isn't given any indications of eyes. By the way her hair seems to part, she seems to be facing us. But is she? Could Sirleck actually sneak up on Pandora? Or is Pandora shielding the others from Sirleck?

Another thought just bubbled up: Pandora sort of looks like she's exploding in the cover page. Is Dan actually showing Pandora resetting? Or dying? Remember that Damien blew himself up. In this case, it could be Pandora sacrificing herself.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Urgent additional crackpot plot theory to add.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wow, does that site have a lot of video ads trying to play!  Do they assume everyone has optical connections now?

Adblock on Chrome seems to work for me.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think that the last panel in today's comic is somehow both the most heartwarming and the saddest thing I have seen all month. Box has kept the world at arm's length for such a long time. I don't think she has even allowed herself any sort of friend since she lost Blaike. Or realised that she might need one. *sigh*

She DID had her son - they probably used to be closer than now. But yes, not exactly replacement for friend.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't see any - (tries to log out) - it gets better if you register. Sorry.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
4 hours ago, Nayl said:

My money is on Box/Pandora resetting, along with Voltaire, and some future scene where Sarah again encounters Box, who she first thinks is still herself until it becomes apparent that she is now actually a child.

Me, I'm hoping whenever it is Pandora resets, she'll turn into the college-student-persona from "Marker" and end up roommates with Sarah and Grace.  :-)

I already mentioned that Pandora might actually LOSE ability to look like child and will be forced into teenager instead. Because teenager seems to be default for young immortals while child is result of shapeshifting.

Also, yes it did seemed like foreshadowing. Even if she wouldn't actually be attending the university, she may spent lot of time there.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes, but it's a Moperville day.

Meaning it can easily take year, yes.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

You know, there are signs that could point to permanent cast departures to people other than Pandora. I've said before that Ashley seems like the Transitional Girl, and as a very brave but unpowered character seems like a good candidate for the death that will push Elliot into becoming a full-time superhero. But then, while Sarah now has magic, it's not the kind that's very useful in a firefight. And she's at least as much an obstacle to Susan getting together with Elliot as Ashley. And maybe ominously, neither Sarah nor Ashley are on the cover page of Sister III.

So far, Dan didn't shown any signs of becoming GRRM. Even if he would need to get rid of someone, he would probably tried non-fatal option. Susan also repeatedly says she's not ready, so removing Ashley seem premature. Note however that there IS a non-fatal option how to remove Ashley: if she will be injured, her parents might decide to move and take her away from dangerous places like Moperville. She likes Elliot, but probably not enough to elope.

Regarding the cover, note that Justin, Grace and TEDD are also not present. Tedd will DEFINITELY not only survive, but play important role (unless he will manage to play his role and THEN die).

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Another thought just bubbled up: Pandora sort of looks like she's exploding in the cover page. Is Dan actually showing Pandora resetting? Or dying? Remember that Damien blew himself up. In this case, it could be Pandora sacrificing herself.

As visible on Voltaire aka the Illuminated, she may be capable of explosion-like light without being harmed. Also, I'm not sure if fairies CAN die permanently. But yes, speculations about her sacrificing herself and being reset are popular, and with the college student foreshadowing ...