• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday June 19, 2017

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

An intriguing insight. However, Magus has an additional agenda: Ending Pandora.

Yeah, I know, but he can't do anything to her in his current predicament, he may initially question if Pandora has other motives, but Pandora would have the ability to prove what she says is true. She needs an olive branch.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I know, but he can't do anything to her in his current predicament

He went to see Sirleck right after he vowed to end her. I think the massive vampire attack is more appropriate for making Pandora over-react and reset than just getting Ellen to zap Elliot.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

He went to see Sirleck right after he vowed to end her. I think the massive vampire attack is more appropriate for making Pandora over-react and reset than just getting Ellen to zap Elliot.

I still don't believe that Magus knows that Sirleck's targeted Adrian for the vampire attack, Voltaire's the one pulling the strings in that regard, the whole thing may end up making things even worse for Magus.

57 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I know, but he can't do anything to her in his current predicament

Except there is high probability Magus has no idea how (and if) can he actually kill immortal. (Of course, this assumes he didn't learn that on Helena and Demetrius ...)

Let's talk about Magus. We haven't been shown much about him, but at his very first appearance he seems like a powerful but arrogant young mage-in-training in some magical academy (note that both he and Terra are wearing the same school uniform). He uses the Bon Voyage potion--and loses his body, and is cast into our universe. This seems to happen just before Edward, Wolf, and Cranium show up to investigate an unexplained magical event, and then we get the very first appearance of Pandora in scary-little-girl form. Was she just investigating the phenomenon on her own? Or did she cause it?

That potion seems very much like the magical traps the old gypsy sells in the non-canon NPs; maybe Pandora posed as a gypsy to sell Magus his cheater. What I think is that Pandora did all this not just to eventually teach Adrian a lesson but also to teach Magus a lesson.

However, Abraham proved to be much more of a danger than Pandora anticipated, and she lost control. Then after she clashed with Adrian at the hospital, she concentrated on her apocalypse and maybe forgot about Magus. 

Now Pandora is feeling sorry for at least some of her actions, and in that move if she happens upon Magus, she just might be in a mood to give him some kind of apology, and maybe even an explanation of what she was trying to teach him. Pandora might even reveal that he's an alternate of Elliot and/or Ellen, something that Magus hasn't shown any sign of considering.

Assuming this encounter is pre-battle, this might be an opportunity for Magus to attempt call off the attack, or at least to have doubts about what he's set in motion. At least to me, Magus has never seemed to be a real villain, only a jerk that needs a few figurative and perhaps literal slaps upside his head to change his ways.

45 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

He uses the Bon Voyage potion--and loses his body, and is cast into our universe.

Those were not separate events ; he is moved from physical plane of his universe to astral plane of our universe.

46 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Was she just investigating the phenomenon on her own? Or did she cause it?

By her own explanation, she didn't caused Magus departure from his universe, but did caused him arriving in ours. Of course, immortals can lie.

47 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

What I think is that Pandora did all this not just to eventually teach Adrian a lesson but also to teach Magus a lesson.

She probably didn't planned whole thing with Adrian so much in advance - more likely, she caught Magus because he was interesting. Magus role in Adrian's lesson was actually superfluous. She totally made it up and Magus called her on it.

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

However, Abraham proved to be much more of a danger than Pandora anticipated, and she lost control.

She PREDICTED how it will end. She just hoped she predicted wrong. Although ... maybe she wasn't so sure?

53 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Now Pandora is feeling sorry for at least some of her actions, and in that move if she happens upon Magus, she just might be in a mood to give him some kind of apology, and maybe even an explanation of what she was trying to teach him. Pandora might even reveal that he's an alternate of Elliot and/or Ellen, something that Magus hasn't shown any sign of considering.

I would really prefer if she would STILL play with him, BUT now with better intention. Helping him, but no apology and not be too clear about helping. But yes, considering her current mood, she may even apologize.

54 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Assuming this encounter is pre-battle, this might be an opportunity for Magus to attempt call off the attack, or at least to have doubts about what he's set in motion. At least to me, Magus has never seemed to be a real villain, only a jerk that needs a few figurative and perhaps literal slaps upside his head to change his ways.

He already had doubts AND he probably already can't call it off.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By her own explanation, she didn't caused Magus departure from his universe, but did caused him arriving in ours. Of course, immortals can lie.

Her explanation can also be interpreted that she didn't cause him to arrive either, but she noticed his arrival and moved in to investigate.

Could Ellen further modify her beam effects by experimenting with different gestures?

This might be the time for Ellen to learn Sign Language...

Disturbing thought #9035768 - In the upcoming conflict, there will be an explosion.  Someone close to Ellen will be deafened (possibly temporarily, but not necessarily).  As a gesture of moral support, Ellen learns ASL along side the patient.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Her explanation can also be interpreted that she didn't cause him to arrive either, but she noticed his arrival and moved in to investigate.

"I caught him in my wings" doesn't seem like she didn't do anything, but yes, it can be that he arrived on his own and she just helped him afterwards ...

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Could Ellen further modify her beam effects by experimenting with different gestures?

This might be the time for Ellen to learn Sign Language...

The Vulcan salute is described in book, although she apparently tried lot of gestures before finding out what it means. If there would be another modifying gesture, she would know at least that there is another modifying gesture.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Someone close to Ellen will be deafened

Again?

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Again?

Nanase wasn't really deafened, but the sound waves were such that they threw off her center of balance and caused her to lose consciousness.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:
58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Again?

Nanase wasn't really deafened, but the sound waves were such that they threw off her center of balance and caused her to lose consciousness.

I though she was ALSO deafened temporarily, but maybe not.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

"I caught him in my wings" doesn't seem like she didn't do anything, but yes, it can be that he arrived on his own and she just helped him afterwards ...

Or he arrived, in the same sense as a bullet arriving at a sheet of tissue paper, and she caused him to stay here rather than pass through to some unspecified (and possibly even less desirable, from his point of view) eventual endpoint.

57 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Or he arrived, in the same sense as a bullet arriving at a sheet of tissue paper, and she caused him to stay here rather than pass through to some unspecified (and possibly even less desirable, from his point of view) eventual endpoint.

Looking closely at your bullet analogy, the main point would be she stopped him safely, while his eventual endpoint might stopped him flat and cooked.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:25 AM, hkmaly said:

Looking closely at your bullet analogy, the main point would be she stopped him safely, while his eventual endpoint might stopped him flat and cooked.

Now I'm picturing the Mythbusters build team making a bust of Pandora made out of ballistics gel, and firing a Magus-bullet into it.

42 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 06/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, hkmaly said:

Now I'm picturing the Mythbusters build team making a bust of Pandora made out of ballistics gel, and firing a Magus-bullet into it.

Bust?

She caught him in her WINGS. Not cleavage.

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or perhaps Staff Sergeant Barry Sadler wasn't singing about Pandora?

Considering immortal laws, it would be even harder for her to enlist than for her son. Not that she would be interested in it.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Featuring William Shatner as the Mute Marine
In which we learn that Jon Lovitz has no military experience.

That's the Canadian, right?