• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Things that make you MAD

I only said I was opposed to candidates that would horse around.

The opposition of a human, even a Pharaoh, means nothing to a hippo.

They do what they want, and I complain about them.
I do what I want, and they gore people who don't pay attention close to the river.
It all works out for almost everyone.

This one I was debating on whether to put it in the annoying thread or the angry thread. Then I thought about it a bit more and came to the conclusion that since it made me want to do some light property damage toward the offending party, it goes here. (Obviously hyperbolic but still mad.)

OK I have two friends, lets call them Halo and Pie.

TL;DR: Pie critiqued something I made, but it turns out her critique was from Halo and that she was basically lying to me about her own words - thus defeating my purpose of asking her for ideas.

I ask Pie to review a 2 page plot summary for something I've been working on lately. A few hours later she gives me a few, honestly weak analyses of my work but considering everything going on with her I accept that maybe this was all she could muster and maybe would return to it some time. She didn't - that's fine, people are busy.

Smash cut to a few hours ago where I'm chilling with Halo, she's about to head off to work in a few hours and is having a smoke and we have a conversation about life and such, then I brought up the same plot summary I sent to Pie a few weeks ago but since we're outside and just talking I decide to send her my work later.

Jump cut to about a few minutes ago where - on break - I manage to send Halo my file, and in a few seconds she tells me she's already seen it. I forget things a lot so I told her "Sorry, maybe I already sent it to you before." then she tells me "Actually no, you didn't send it; Pie sent it." I asked her why did she send it, and Halo tells me "Well she sent me this file to ask for my opinion on it."

This connected the dots, and fast.

I ask Halo to confirm my thoughts, and she basically does saying that "Yeah basically that's what happened."

So what basically happened was this: Two weeks ago I sent this two page plot summary to Pie, whom then sent it to Halo and asked her opinion about it. She started reading and gave out her opinions, until she stopped and realized "Wait a minute, why am I doing this again?" to which Pie basically responded with "Because I need your opinion so I can tell [Red Regent] about it." after which Halo stopped, and promptly told her to bugger off because she was busy at the time. I'm fine with light criticism, I'm OK with bad criticism, I'm even OK with criticism that doesn't directly answer what I'm trying to get analyzed, but I don't - and CANNOT - tolerate this level of negligence.

Newsflash ladies and gentlemen.

Someone, still don't know who, has bombed my city of residence. Accounts vary, but it's anywhere from 10 deaths and 60 wounded, to around 30 total casualties. The numbers are irrelevant as this brazen act of terror wishes to inspire fear into the hearts of myself and my countrymen. Sadly for them, we don't do fear, we do LIVID. And the response to this will be swift and brutal I can assure you.

We shall go on to the end. [...], we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. - Winston Churchill, 1940

44 minutes ago, Red Regent said:

Newsflash ladies and gentlemen.

Someone, still don't know who, has bombed my city of residence. Accounts vary, but it's anywhere from 10 deaths and 60 wounded, to around 30 total casualties. The numbers are irrelevant as this brazen act of terror wishes to inspire fear into the hearts of myself and my countrymen. Sadly for them, we don't do fear, we do LIVID. And the response to this will be swift and brutal I can assure you.

We shall go on to the end. [...], we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. - Winston Churchill, 1940

I am very sorry to hear. I hope all your friends and relatives are safe and that you will get to the bottom of this. Be safe, old friend.

Amazon Digital Freaking Services.  Seems if you upload more than 150 songs to their cloud, the automatically  subscribe  you to a a $25.00 a month service with no warning.  Mike Foxtrot that.  Just nuked Amazon music from my "laptop" and I don't use the Fire to play music, so I don't care what is in my cloud or not.  Currently downloading my back up of my iTunes directory.  VLC will do just fine as my music player.

11 hours ago, AFNB said:

Could you please give some sort of identification to that link?  People may be reading at work, or on a browser that can't play the clip, or (like me) on a muted device (in my case permanently due to damage near the volume button).  Not everyone can or wants to play every unidentified link.  Thanks!

It says "YouTube" right there in the link. What more identification do you need?

Not meant to be rude or snide, I literally don't understand the request.

1 hour ago, AFNB said:

It says "YouTube" right there in the link. What more identification do you need?

Not meant to be rude or snide, I literally don't understand the request.

What video is it going to?  It's that simple.  If I can't click the link to see what video it is, then any subsequent comments on it are completely out of context and make no sense.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

What a bunch of morons.

Morons was not the term I used.  It did start with an M and end with an S. just the middle bits where not the same.
And for the record it wasn't "Mexican Rap Singers" either.

18 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Morons was not the term I used.  It did start with an M and end with an S. just the middle bits where not the same.
And for the record it wasn't "Mexican Rap Singers" either.

I am not about to censure you for using too harsh language about them. Whatever you called those imbeciles, they unquestionably deserved it.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

If I thought they really were morons (IQ 51-70) or imbeciles (IQ 26-50) then I'd have sympathy tor them.

True enough. But I still hate it when alleged maintenance workers so completely bugger up their job. Paint over a door? That's just so careless that it outrages me.

I guess I am still a little hypersensitive on this topic. My departed friend had similar problems with clumsy workers back when he was already quite ill. For obvious reasons he had a very hard time getting the system to pay attention and it added completely unnecessary hardship to his life when he very badly did NOT need more of it.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If I thought they really were morons (IQ 51-70) or imbeciles (IQ 26-50) then I'd have sympathy tor them.

If I meant 318.2 or F72.0 workers I would have said so (DSM IV & ICD 10) codes.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I believe mlooney is referring to the Oedipus legend.  But I could be wrong.  Let me check with Dr Freud...

Nope, I was right.  According to Freud it is certainly Oedipus.

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I believe mlooney is referring to the Oedipus legend.  But I could be wrong.  Let me check with Dr Freud...

Nope, I was right.  According to Freud it is certainly Oedipus.

Ah, yes, the Freudian Slip, when you say one thing, but you mean your mother.

(Actually, Freud was a bit of an ass who said that victims of sexual abuse had invented their stories because they wanted them to happen.  I quit worrying about what Freud had to say when I heard about that.)

17 hours ago, mlooney said:
19 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

If I meant 318.2 or F72.0 workers I would have said so (DSM IV & ICD 10) codes.

Sounds like them trying to follow direction produces ID-10-T errors.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sounds like them trying to follow direction produces ID-10-T errors.

Just Google 318.2 or f72.0.   The results I'm using should be in the top 2 or 3 returns.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Just Google 318.2 or f72.0.   The results I'm using should be in the top 2 or 3 returns.

Yeah, but I just wanted an excuse to use "ID-10-T error". ;)

So what is the proper term to describe someone who would, if tested. appear to have an intellectual capacity within the "normal" range but who produces substandard results because of improper training, improper supervision, or apathy?

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So what is the proper term to describe someone who would, if tested. appear to have an intellectual capacity within the "normal" range but who produces substandard results because of improper training, improper supervision, or apathy?

A moderator. :danshiftyeyes: