• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Things that make you MAD

On 2/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, mlooney said:

I used to be just annoyed by my now gone house neighbour, but now I'm actively angry with him. He had an indoor small yappy dog, which he moved in with. About the middle of summer last year he got a pair of indoor/outdoor cats. When he left, he left that cats behind, granted he did take the dog with him. Still major not cool. I would have taken the cats in, but by the time I found out that he left them, the cleaning lady had already called animal control.

We just had guest stay at the hotel I work at who brought a chihuahua with them that they were initially supposed to be dog sitting while their neighbours went to Florida. They were told it'd be for a couple weeks, but it's been over a month and they can't contact the neighbours to find out when they'll be back to pick up the dog so now they're afraid they just had it dumped on them.

Mind you from what I've heard, it's a well behaved dog, they've got a travel cage for it which the dog will use on it's own and it isn't yappy. So why the owners would abandon it is beyond me aside from them just being jerks.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Mind you from what I've heard, it's a well behaved dog, they've got a travel cage for it which the dog will use on it's own and it isn't yappy. So why the owners would abandon it is beyond me aside from them just being jerks.

I reiterate: I despise people who abandon pets and I hope there is a special place in Hell for them.

I would put them alongside those who abandon their children. When we adopt pets, we take on the same kind of responsibility for their wellbeing that we do when we have children. Every pet I have ever had I have considered to be my little friend, and I cry for them when they die.

At least 12 people are taken to the hospital following a shooting in downtown Austin

This hits home, right in the middle of my old stomping grounds. It happened around the area of 400 E 6th St., which is the entertainment district of Austin. Someone probably got drunk, got mad, and started shooting.

If no one's going to curb guns, then implement the plan I heard about elsewhere: make gun owners take out liability insurance, just like car owners have to. If their gun is used to harm a person or property, they can have a claim filed against them. Paying for insurance might make people think twice about buying a gun, if you can get the law passed and if you can enforce it.

n or about June 10th I called Direct Express, my debit card for my disability payments about my card being about to expire. The said I would get a new one in 5 to 10 working days. As of this morning I haven't got it. Good thing I had put away about a months payment in my credit union account so I could pay my rent and some bills. The fiber bill isn't due until the 21st and my gas and electric bills don't get generated even until the middle of the month. I tried calling DE this morning at 6:20 and got their "we are experiencing high call volume" message and being hung up on. I've set my alarm to go off at 5:00AM tomorrow to call them and see what is up.

I called the Direct Express customer service number at 05:00 this morning. Got the "experiencing heavy call volume" then hang up cycle. Just called it again and got the same. This is more than slightly pissing me off. I'm planning on calling calling them late at night as well as early morning.

Last time I got a human was when I called at 06:15.  Just did it and got the "heavy call volume" crap.  Of course today is the day that payments are made so it's possible that they really are getting heavy call volume.

My renters insurance was tied to my old debit card. I just got an emailed nasty-gram from them about it failing to process. I went to their webpage and found that my only option was to pay the full amount left on my yearly premium. That adds another 100 bucks to the amount I'm going need to transfer from my Direct Express account to my Credit union account. Also need to add the new card to PayPal and make it my primary means of payment. The new card had better arrive next week or I'm in real trouble.