• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Greasemonkey forum scripts

Current version.

Changes:

• While the forum's default emotes are no longer interfered with automatically/aggressively, a small box has been added to the bottom-right of the screen which allows forum emotes to be changed to those used by the script, either for the editor (excluding block quotations) or for the entire page, including the editor (affecting the editor will affect the post, affecting the rest of the page will only affect how it looks to you).  It is small, quite unobtrusive, harmonious with my interface fixes and can be easily dismissed (but if it's still irritating, tell me so I can remove it).
  • Updated list of EGS Discord emotes; that is, added :noah: (:noah:).
Edited by HarJIT
Clarify.

46 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Where may a list of these emotes be found, please?

angry_tedd, ashley, catgirl_kitty, catgirl_sarah, cheerleadra_shrug, cool_susan, dem_abs, dem_curves, demonic_duck, diane, ellen, elliot, girly_tedd, grace, griffin_andrea, griffin_tara, justin, mall_elliot, nanase, noah, oh_snap, pink_tedd, poof, sarah, soon_grace, susan, tea, tedd, tedd_anger, tf_watch, time_to_duel, urge_to_kill, vampire_sarah, werwolf_nanase, wizard_sarah

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

:cheerleadra_shrug:, :cool_susan:, :demonic_duck:,

I don't see what the box does, however.

Say if I type a : followed by a D and press Space

:D

I get a forum emote, because the current version of the script doesn't override the forum emotes unless told otherwise.

Now, say that I do the same, but click "editor" in that box after I'm finished.

1 minute ago, HarJIT said:

Say if I type a : followed by a D and press Space

I get a forum emote, because the current version of the script doesn't override the forum emotes unless told otherwise.

Now, say that I do the same, but click "editor" in that box after I'm finished.

Ah,  I was looking for something like box of emotes to show up.  :cheerleadra_shrug:

Not directly relevant to the emoji script but since this is the pinned thread, I thought I'd mention that I have updated my styling fixes in response to the recent upgrade.

Post in the particular thread:

@ProfessorTomoe

The script itself is fine. Greasemonkey for Quantum is currently a work in progress.

Meanwhile, the Greasemonkey alternative Tampermonkey, which I had already been using for these scripts on Chromium, is apparently operational on Quantum. It is closed-source, so not suitable for Stallmanist purists, but should otherwise be fine, and is what I'd recommend at least for the time being.

9 hours ago, HarJIT said:

@ProfessorTomoe

The script itself is fine. Greasemonkey for Quantum is currently a work in progress.

Meanwhile, the Greasemonkey alternative Tampermonkey, which I had already been using for these scripts on Chromium, is apparently operational on Quantum. It is closed-source, so not suitable for Stallmanist purists, but should otherwise be fine, and is what I'd recommend at least for the time being.

A bit confusing, but in the end you're right - it does work. Thank you.

So I just loaded the december 4th story reaction thread as I saw there was one new post in it, and shortly after loading the page, a notification came up that said there were 15 new replies, I was surprised that there would have been 15 of us replying to the same thread all at one, but it turned out to be a false notification as there were 0 new replies.

I don't know if it's a bug with the script, I know Tampermonkey updated yesterday so that might be related?

I'm having a horrendous time trying to edit anything under Vivaldi and the default forum interface - my only gripe with Vivaldi, in fact. I can't find a Tampermonkey plugin for it. Is there something similar that will work with the scripts developed here that will let me use the forum edit feature in peace again?

Have you tried that "highlight all the message, then set the color to black" method of editing?  I assume that you don't want to edit via source. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Have you tried that "highlight all the message, then set the color to black" method of editing?  I assume that you don't want to edit via source. 

I have not tried that. Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the LART to the head. I needed it. And it apparently works, too, as this edit will show.

Edited by ProfessorTomoe

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have not tried that. Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the LART to the head. I needed it. And it apparently works, too, as this edit will show.

No problem.  I use that when I really don't feel like dealing with that much HTML