• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Greasemonkey forum scripts

Edit: I've just realised how confusing this initial post must have been to people just coming in here from the sticky. So, here we go:

These are some scripts provided in the hope of improving (more precisely, in the spirit of "fixing") your forum experience. I have no affiliation with the forum's root admins; I am not selling any of this: I do not guarantee safety, fitness or anything else.

To do any of this you need one of the addons Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey, or a compatible equivalent, installed. Greasemonkey currently works on Seamonkey and on Firefox ESR. Tampermonkey currently works on Firefox Quantum, Chromium and Chrome.

• Firstly, I strongly recommend that you install my interface fixes, which is likely to fix any grievances or glitches you have with the default stylesheet and theming.
  • Secondly, if you wish to have a larger range of emotes available, I have written another script to do that. When this was written, the forum emotes were broken: this is no longer the case but I've kept the script around for anyone who likes the greater choice of emotes or prefers the twemoji images. Note that this does not come with a selector, all input is by colon codes. Current version.

Original post (archived):

(Original title: Greasemonkey Emoji / Emote script)

The title says it all.

Let's start with what this is not (presently):

• It is not an upgrade to my interface fixes, nor does it incorporate any of their functionality.  They are separate scripts.  My interface fixes work entirely by injecting CSS, which could be e.g. ported to user-stylesheet managers or even potentially installed server-side as a stylesheet.  Hence I wanted to keep this separate.  Nonetheless, I recommend that you install them first.
  • It does not fix extend the graphical emote selector.
  • It does not fix the rendering of broken emotes in existing posts.Moot now.
  • It does not convert ASCII emoticons, nor (to my knowledge) affect the forum's built-in (broken) such mechanism.
  • I am not selling it; I do not guarantee safety, fitness or anything else.

Many of these functionalities (barring the first) may appear as features in future revisions, but I wanted to get something out there promptly.

So, what does it do? (Edit: all the following occur in the editor, not on existing posts)

• Detect shortcodes (alphacodes, colon codes) for Emoji and convert them to twemoji embeds.
  • Detect Unicode representations of Emoji and convert them to twemoji embeds (thus avoiding posting SMP characters, which the forum blocks).
  • Detect shortcodes from a hardcoded list of custom emotes available on EGS Discord, and convert them to embeds.
  • :relaxed::smile::demonic_duck::blush::eyes::tedd:
  • Edit: detect ASCII emoticons and attempt to match them to emoji.  To try and avoid matching parts of shortcode sequences, this will only detect those followed by a space.
  • Edit: detect broken forum emotes and attempt to fix them.  This includes those inserted by the forum's built in emote code in the editor, as well as those in pre-existing posts.
  • Edit: coöperate with the forum's now-repaired built in emote mechanism.

[Original], very early revision.Current version.

Edited by HarJIT
Fix broken link.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I've downloaded it and wish to help test it. Now, if I only new what I was doing ...

Most of the alphacodes supported are listed here: https://www.emoji.codes/ (obviously that doesn't list the EGS-specific Discord ones). 

The example sequence above is (with colons removed to avoid conversion): relaxed smile demonic_duck blush eyes tedd

:relaxed::smile::demonic_duck:  :blush::eyes::tedd::expressionless:

Fixed on edit.

OK, you seem to need to restart firefox, no mater what the monkey is telling you about it being active for it to be active.  Just putting it out there.

:nerd:

:game_die:

Snort.  I just found out that my gift direct from Marc Miller himself Traveller Dice set have the 2-5 and 3-4 pairs reversed from a standard die. 

Waiting on a cpan upgrade to finish does weird things to my head. :dizzy_face:

22 minutes ago, mlooney said:

:expressionless:

:expressionless:

OK, that's weird.  It "fixed" it when I quoted, but the original is still broken.  About to try something odd. 

Wait, testing what might as well be my default :rage:  OK Rage works, what about happy, happy, joy, joy?

:happy::happy::joy::joy:  So close.

How about my standard stuff?

:/me: :the_list:  Oh, wait :pencil:  There we go.

:gruntled: :less_than_gruntled:

:not_my_happy_face:

OK @HarJIT, you see what you need to fix now :smile:

Plus :my_cup_of_joy_overflows:

All kidding about my mutant brain aside, good work dude.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:29 PM, mlooney said:

Wait, testing what might as well be my default :rage:  OK Rage works, what about happy, happy, joy, joy?

:happy::happy::joy::joy:  So close.

:/me: :the_list:  Oh, wait :pencil:  There we go.

:gruntled: :less_than_gruntled:

:not_my_happy_face:

Plus :my_cup_of_joy_overflows:

Hmmmm.

20 minutes ago, HarJIT said:

Updated, see first post for details. :wink:

Looks like you missed a few Key Points.

:-)

Good Work.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

:-)

Good Work.

Seriously, however, :slight_smile:is the original smiley.  The OG of Emoji as it were. :wink::slight_frown:   |-)  :)

On 22/06/2017 at 10:29 PM, mlooney said:

:slight_smile::slight_smile::joy::joy:  So close.

:writing_hand::pencil:  Oh, wait :pencil:  There we go.

:relieved::frowning2:

:angry:

Plus :sob:

Update just for you (accepts your made up shortcodes as well as hyphens in asciimotes).  :slight_smile::slight_smile: Also changed what :) / :-) and :( / :-( map onto (the database of asciimote-to-emoji conversions I was using was seemingly based on b&w emoji and didn't quite get the best matches for graphical ones).

5 hours ago, HarJIT said:

Update just for you (accepts your made up shortcodes as well as hyphens in asciimotes).  :slight_smile::slight_smile: Also changed what :) / :-) and :( / :-( map onto (the database of asciimote-to-emoji conversions I was using was seemingly based on b&w emoji and didn't quite get the best matches for graphical ones).

:relieved:  Hmmm.  Needed to do a reload of Firefox, but I think we have decided that is what happens any way.  very much gruntled.  :relieved:

12 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah... I feel almost embarrassed to interrupt, but Thom has restored regular Smiley function to the forums. Please let me know if you have any trouble. :eyes:

Oh, really, now? B) How nice. :wink:

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah... I feel almost embarrassed to interrupt, but Thom has restored regular Smiley function to the forums. Please let me know if you have any trouble. :danshiftyeyes:

Is that just the smilies that appear when we click the icon while posting, or are there more that we can use if we know the secret names?  If there are more, could someone point me towards a list of smilies we can use here?

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Is that just the smilies that appear when we click the icon while posting, or are there more that we can use if we know the secret names?  If there are more, could someone point me towards a list of smilies we can use here?

When using the editor, click on the smiley face in the top row. It will pull down a menu of the "official" forum icons. The rest are from @HarJIT's Greasemonkey script. I'm posting one here from the official list. :bdaybiggrin:

7 hours ago, Drachefly said:

The only official forum-provided EGS emoticon is :demonicduck:?

okay.

I would've thought the TF-Gun ones qualified as EGS emoticons. They certainly fit the "EGS" category better than the "Smileys" category.

:tg-gun-mf:

:tg-gun-fm:

Ah.

Okay, my script is presently overriding emotes provided by the forum because they were broken so I'll probably change that.

Current version.  With a new approach: built-in emote functionality is not touched, but it effectively adds extra functionality on top of it.

:angry::angry:;):wink::demonicduck::demonic_duck::):slight_smile::D:grinning::o:astonished:B):sunglasses:

(That's :angry:, :twemoji_angry:, ;), ;-), :demonicduck:, :demonic_duck:, :), :-), :D, :-D, :O, :-O, B), 8) )

Edited by HarJIT