• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday June 23, 2017

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Humans CAN write their memories to normal books. It's pretty popular, some books are read by millions of strangers.

Meanwhile, Immortals are free to edit their "journal" as they want, even directly lie in it.

So, no. I think reset is fate EXACTLY as death.

(Also, that "your physical apparence" is more like less ... young Jerry didn't looked particularly similar to old one.)

But they  aren't  EXPERIENCED AS MEMORIES. They are EXPERIENCED as SOMETHING READ IN A BOOK. The EMOTIONAL CONNECTION IS NOT THE SAME. And yes, age is different, but you basically look like a younger version of yourself.

43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think that he DID talked to him after Noriko left. Specifically, I think he accused him of it. That might be last time they talked.

Possible, I was just guessing because Tedd seemed to remember more about the divorce and thinking that crap hit the fan with Adrian first, then Noriko finally went through with the divorce later. I dunno.

46 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That WOULD be useful. I think it's more likely she wants to tell him something about being seer, though.

Well yeah, the Seer stuff would certainly be a priority, at least the first purpose for sure and the other ability that she didn't know about. Talking about Edward and maybe Noriko would be after.

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think one counterexample makes name gender neutral.

And that would be because the Steam description made it seem like Nanase was a first name, but after looking upon the great wiki, it turns out that it's the character's surname....

56 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

But maybe he's working on watch for Nanase which he promised?

Maybe, or he's just tinkering with any kind of watch just because he can't sleep and needs to get his mind off of other things. This doesn't really change what kind of watch it is but it could have been the same watch he was looking at when Pandora "visited" him Sunday evening.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She already left with that watch. He wasn't promising to do it sometimes in future. He was asking what other things which can be quickly included, then just make the watch and gave it to Nanase for making fairy. Presumably, Nanase gave it to Susan before she got the Grace watch.

But maybe he's working on watch for Nanase which he promised?

I don't think it's clear that Susan left with that watch for Susan with all the mods she asked for. But it is clear that Nanase left with her watch.

Anyway, if it is Susan's watch Tedd is working on, it gives an excuse for a conversation something like this:

PANDORA: Why are you working on that watch?

TEDD: It's for Susan, a friend. I guess it won't work for very long, but I think she might use it tonight.

14 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I don't think it's clear that Susan left with that watch for Susan with all the mods she asked for. But it is clear that Nanase left with her watch.

Susan definitely got the watch. From the commentary for that page:

" Sidenote: Susan is totally in her short, more "hippy" form in this comic. She did get that watch of her own forms, after all. "

45 minutes ago, animalia said:
54 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Humans CAN write their memories to normal books. It's pretty popular, some books are read by millions of strangers.

Meanwhile, Immortals are free to edit their "journal" as they want, even directly lie in it.

So, no. I think reset is fate EXACTLY as death.

(Also, that "your physical apparence" is more like less ... young Jerry didn't looked particularly similar to old one.)

But they  aren't  EXPERIENCED AS MEMORIES. They are EXPERIENCED as SOMETHING READ IN A BOOK. The EMOTIONAL CONNECTION IS NOT THE SAME

Yes, exactly as if you would actually read it in the book. I still don't see any difference between immortal reseting and human writing biography and  bequeath it to his grant-(grant-)son who happens to look similar to him.

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think that he DID talked to him after Noriko left. Specifically, I think he accused him of it. That might be last time they talked.

Possible, I was just guessing because Tedd seemed to remember more about the divorce and thinking that crap hit the fan with Adrian first, then Noriko finally went through with the divorce later. I dunno.

Even if they already weren't on good terms, I think blaming him for Noriko's divorce would be reason enough to call him.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe, or he's just tinkering with any kind of watch just because he can't sleep and needs to get his mind off of other things. This doesn't really change what kind of watch it is but it could have been the same watch he was looking at when Pandora "visited" him Sunday evening.

Right. Just doing something tent to look like good idea when you can't sleep because too many thoughts.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Susan definitely got the watch. From the commentary for that page:

" Sidenote: Susan is totally in her short, more "hippy" form in this comic. She did get that watch of her own forms, after all. "

... I should've check commentaries :) ... I still think even without this, it would be clear that the watches are already done, but it's nice having clear proof like this.

(Note that it's possible Tedd really CANT just ADD some spell on watch - that he must put all in together.)

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I should've check commentaries :) ... I still think even without this, it would be clear that the watches are already done, but it's nice having clear proof like this.

(Note that it's possible Tedd really CANT just ADD some spell on watch - that he must put all in together.)

It is possible that the watch is the one he promised to make for Nanase, however it's also possible that Nanase hasn't gotten around to giving him the details of what she wants on it. There's been a few developments that have had her attention lately.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, exactly as if you would actually read it in the book. I still don't see any difference between immortal reseting and human writing biography and  bequeath it to his grant-(grant-)son who happens to look similar to him.

How about the fact that you are FORCED to do it.

I mentioned in a previous comment thread that we are only one day from a potentially huge plot hinge, and it was rightly pointed out that we are talking about a Moperville day.  This strip convinces me that we are probably going to experience a very, very long Moperville day.  The Vampire attack will likely come late at night, so we have an entire day of Pandora checking in with Tedd and who knows who else.  Just the conversation about to take place here is likely to take a full week of strips.  Then you have Tedd talking to Grace/Sarah/Elliot about wtf is going on.  Cue Mr. Verres for an expositional interlude.  Oh, and hey, if we are setting the table for a truly game changing event, we need to get most of the others involved, so Ashley, Justin, Susan, Nanase, etc. will be on deck.  Lots and lots of moving pieces, and at least three characters who urgently want to talk to various others about really important stuff.  

At this point I'm thinking we will be lucky to get to Sunday by Christmas.

9 minutes ago, animalia said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

How about the fact that you are FORCED to do it.

I think there are some authors like that :)

What, you plan to burn all evidence instead?

8 minutes ago, Nayl said:

I mentioned in a previous comment thread that we are only one day from a potentially huge plot hinge, and it was rightly pointed out that we are talking about a Moperville day.  This strip convinces me that we are probably going to experience a very, very long Moperville day.  The Vampire attack will likely come late at night, so we have an entire day of Pandora checking in with Tedd and who knows who else.  Just the conversation about to take place here is likely to take a full week of strips.  Then you have Tedd talking to Grace/Sarah/Elliot about wtf is going on.  Cue Mr. Verres for an expositional interlude.  Oh, and hey, if we are setting the table for a truly game changing event, we need to get most of the others involved, so Ashley, Justin, Susan, Nanase, etc. will be on deck.  Lots and lots of moving pieces, and at least three characters who urgently want to talk to various others about really important stuff.  

At this point I'm thinking we will be lucky to get to Sunday by Christmas.

Christmas which year? :)

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think there are some authors like that :)

What, you plan to burn all evidence instead?

Christmas which year? :)

Hence why dying would be better.

2 hours ago, animalia said:

Hence why dying would be better.

I would consider writing biography acceptable price for living two centuries.

... in fact, I suspect that most people who live over ONE century are constantly bothered by reporters about how they managed to live so long, so sort of already covered.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Reporters and rumormongers are one of the more annoying occupational hazards for those of us who regard millennia the same way the norms think of decades.

Not to mention grave robbers and tomb raiders.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Not to mention grave robbers and tomb raiders.

I dunno, I would think that some Pharaohs and Kings wouldn't mind being raided by Lara Croft. ;)

But most would mind being raided by Indiana Jones.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If it was a choice between being raided by him, or Nazis/KGB agents. They'd probably go with Indy.

They would also prefer Indy to Hellboy. At least Indy is professional.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, I don't know about that. Hatsheput might be up for it. After all, it's been a long time since her last date.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, I don't know about that. Hatsheput might be up for it. After all, it's been a long time since her last date.

That's why I said "most" and not "all".

On 6/24/2017 at 5:34 PM, The Old Hack said:

But Hellboy is drawn by Mike Mignola. That gives him a considerable edge.

The coloring alone would be enough for most, I feel. "Oh, you're going to rob me...darn...but ooo! I'll look sawheeeet while you do it!"

6 hours ago, Matoyak said:
On 06/25/2017 at 0:34 AM, The Old Hack said:

But Hellboy is drawn by Mike Mignola. That gives him a considerable edge.

The coloring alone would be enough for most, I feel. "Oh, you're going to rob me...darn...but ooo! I'll look sawheeeet while you do it!"

Another thing is that Indiana Jones will just rob you, while Hellboy will also wake you up and ask questions.