• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

6/24/17 - A Public Service Announcement from Dexter

DexterPoliticalGuide.png

Greetings, devoted readers. As mentioned in the filler for June 24th, Josh has been rather busy this week, so he's delegated some of his duties onto yours truly. For this week's website update, I have opted to make a public service announcement in response to these frustrating political times in which we live. While I hope you take my announcement seriously, I'm sure you will be pleased to know that Josh should once again be on-task this coming week, and the next update should return you to the Heroes Of C.R.A.S.H. storyline in progress. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Josh usually adds additional commentary on social media, so I shall do the same and go into further detail with each of the 6 items on my list.

1. All bills need to go through both congress and the senate. The current healthcare bill - if it manages to pass through the senate - will once again go to congress, since the bill has been changed since the last time congress voted on it. Congresspersons matter; DO NOT FORGET THEM. Furthermore, it typically takes less than a half hour to call your congressperson and both your senators, even if you speak to all three at their local AND Washington DC offices, so you can make time.

2. Politicians have public relations teams to see what people are saying about them online. Tagging them in posts on Facebook and Twitter will get their attention, especially if many people do the same.

3. Josh has been more than content with the Countable app (a free app, I should add) because it's very simple. It tells you about upcoming bills, tells you why people like it or hate it, then lets you "vote" on it and send a short comment to your representatives. No political jargon, no difficult menus... it makes politics easy for the layperson to understand.

4. Be aware that the Resistbot and the aforementioned Countable app will request some of your personal information - such as your name and zip code - so that they can send your messages to your representatives with your name on it. They are both legitimate means of contacting your representatives, but I feel that this bears mentioning to those of you who are wary about the information you reveal to the internet.

5. Trust me; you won't run out of things to discuss with your representatives. One look on your social media feed, and you'll see that there's always a new story breaking or a new commentary on a particular issue. Feel free to directly quote any articles or comments that personally speak to you if you have trouble coming up with something to say on your own.

6. As Josh's personal assistant, I particularly want to stress that you should be respectful toward politicians' assistants. They're just doing their job (whether the politician they work for does THEIR job, however, remains to be seen). If, for any reason, an assistant is rude to you (an unlikely - but still possible - event), make sure to get their name (which they probably gave you as soon as they answered the phone) and let another staff member know.

I hope that this was of additional assistance. Best of luck to you all!

Sincerely,
Dexter