• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

So, what did I miss?

Greetings, Bunnies new and old! (I couldn't find a forum or sub-form identified as being for introductions, and the re-introduction thread hasn't been posted in in over a year, so I figured this was as good a place as any to say hello.)

As some of you may recall, I was a regular poster on the EGS forums from mid 2007 to early 2012. I eventually left in part because the forums had gotten so negative, and in part because the posts were flying so fast I couldn't keep up.

I've been feeling a bit nostalgic recently, and decided to see what the forum was like these days. I had heard the server crashed, and the forums with them, but I'm still disappointed to see that nothing from before the crash has been restored. That's a lot of Bunny history down the drain there. (At least the Keenspot EGS forum is still available for reading.)

Much more surprising was just how quiet things are here. Compared to what I was expecting, it actually felt a little eerie at first! At any rate, it looks like the reasons I left have long since ceased to be issues, so I'm thinking I might stick around for a while, or at least drop by from time to time.

So, anybody have any interesting stories they want to share about what's been going on around here since I left?

Well, let's see. First the Earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it- he took her best summer dress and he put it on and went to town...

I had a betting system set up, and a lot of people participated in one of the pools, but the forum eated it before it resolved. And I didn't keep a local backup. Oops.

In the back yard not to far from the Very Manly Squirrel Statue and Shrubbery, there was a Dread Gazebo where Akiko would serve deserts to all the newcomers and guests.  Unfortunately, after the crash, our server Akiko no longer accepts cookies.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Much more surprising was just how quiet things are here. Compared to what I was expecting, it actually felt a little eerie at first! At any rate, it looks like the reasons I left have long since ceased to be issues, so I'm thinking I might stick around for a while, or at least drop by from time to time.

Yes, the toxicity has been brought under check, thanks to a firm hand at moderating by folks like my good friend @The Old Hack. If you run into any problems, talk to him and he will see that they are dealt with in a swift and fair manner.

It also helps that we keep the hot button and sensitive issues, like politics and medicine, confined to a few threads.  And there are limits to what is acceptable in the Politics thread.

Unfortunately, there is no limit to what is acceptable in actual politics.

But if you ever need to rant against the Danish Parliament, the Politics thread is the place to go.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
Well, let's see. First the Earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it- he took her best summer dress and he put it on and went to town...

Well, I might have visited the birth of the Earth more recently in my own personal timeline than I visited the forums, but I was specifically asking about things that happened since spring of 2012. (Seriously, though, it is nice to see some humor on the forums.)

10 hours ago, Drachefly said:

I had a betting system set up, and a lot of people participated in one of the pools, but the forum eated it before it resolved. And I didn't keep a local backup. Oops.

So what sort of things were you betting on?

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Yes, the toxicity has been brought under check, thanks to a firm hand at moderating by folks like my good friend @The Old Hack. If you run into any problems, talk to him and he will see that they are dealt with in a swift and fair manner.

Nice to see you again, Professor. I remember The Old Hack as well; he always seemed quite reasonable and level headed, so I'm sure the forums are in good hands.

23 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So what sort of things were you betting on?

Who got the genderbend cutie mark magic mark?

When (real life date) will the current arc end?

Will Sarah and Sam agree to a (specific) date before the end of 2016?

That kind of thing.

7 hours ago, Drachefly said:

That kind of thing.

There were big quatloos on the line.

Nice to see you too, Old Hack.

13 hours ago, Drachefly said:

That kind of thing.

Neat. That would have been fun to see.