• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday June 28, 2017

51 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That's why my original theory was that Edward had asked for Helena and Demetrius' help investigating who the other Immortal is. They discovered a connection with Elliot and possibly Tedd, and somehow Nanase and/or Susan came up on their radar with Susan being in danger, and ended up getting forced to reset for some reason before they could report back to Edward.

I'm not sure how such connection with Susan would appear, but that doesn't mean there can't be any. Alternatively, what they did with Susan was just something they usually do BUT they were doing investigation for Edward at same time AND the investigation was reason for their reset AND why they didn't helped Susan more or at least thanked her after she killed the vampire.

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I've talked about it at great length before but it is a sticking point that we can't assume that Helena and Demetrius' actions haven't been without a specific purpose and that they are malicious. We don't have enough info to take Jerry's stance that they lied to Susan when not even Susan, nor Jerry, knows the full story.

Definitely. Even without connection to Edward, they may be other reasons in the full story why they were less malicious than they seemed to.

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

(I have news for them: PTSD can, in some cases, go unrecognized for years because the specific things that would trigger it for that specific person don't happen.)

The PTSD was still there for sure, we saw it with Susan in Hammerchlorians when she was recalling the events of the trip, she refused to mention that it was her that dealt the killing blow to the vampire, and her angst induce awakening was due to finding out that one of the weapons she was given to fight with was nothing more than a cheap gag item. With Nanase it didn't show as much until this past Saturday (comic time) when she learned that the same two Immortals were apparently still stringing people into fighting vampires for them.

Oh yeah, Susan's reaction to hearing about there being vampires in Moperville was definitely a PTSD reflex.

Susan definitely has PTSD and yes that reaction to hearing about vampires was not normal, although her being relatively calm about it suggest she's mostly ok now (after Jerry). Or, well, not ok, but with the trauma from her divorce being worse than the vampire stuff now.

Nanase? I would think her reaction for hearing about the immortals was perfectly normal.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase? I would think her reaction for hearing about the immortals was perfectly normal.

Yeah thinking about it after, I don't think that was was PTSD on Nanase's part, Nanase probably knew something was odd about her before France, she might have been exhibiting dreaming symptoms before the trip, like glowing hands during martial arts class, and being told she could be awakened didn't surprise her? Just a guess. but yeah she didn't exhibit any negative feelings about the trip itself. The knowledge of another immortal believing that her and Susan were lied to might have given her mixed feelings at best considering what she had been through in the month prior to Hammerchlorians, but then hearing first hand that it might have been true would make her understandably angry.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Nanase probably knew something was odd about her before France, she might have been exhibiting dreaming symptoms before the trip, like glowing hands during martial arts class

... considering Helena and Demetrius directly said they can awaken her because of the ASMA, yes. She must have already some ASMA abilities before awakening, just like Justin and Elliot had.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Just a guess. but yeah she didn't exhibit any negative feelings about the trip itself.

I wouldn't go that far, but negative feelings aren't PTSD. It's good question - did she get the idea that them being only one who can stop the vampire was lie before she was told about Jerry?

Note that her not having PTSD might also be influenced by 1) the ASMA training, which while not military is still preparing for fight 2) the fact she didn't actually killed anyone.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that her not having PTSD might also be influenced by 1) the ASMA training, which while not military is still preparing for fight 2) the fact she didn't actually killed anyone.

Also, not everyone will necessarily get PTSD. As always when it comes to nervous system and brain disorders, there is much we do not understand and it is not necessarily predictable precisely whom will be affected by what. But yes, Susan's exposure to stress would have been far more intense due to her actually striking the killing blow.