• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Wednesday June 28, 2017

3 minutes ago, WR...S said:

Hooray for callbacks!  Although Rhoda may have been dismembered.  But I'm sure in a good way.

I think I know what you're referring to with the callback, but Elliot in the NP doesn't look like the example form from back in Sister 2. But I can't shake the feeling that there is another instance of that form somewhere...

1 minute ago, Don Edwards said:

In panel 3, Ashley appears to be carrying a baby. With improbably long hair for a baby that (proportionate) size.

That's because it's a really tiny female Elliot.  Shrunken by Rhoda of course.

Basic anatomy is why it should have been easy to discern how the guts jut out.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That's because it's a really tiny female Elliot.  Shrunken by Rhoda of course.

Doubt it for continuity, but she is rather playful nonetheless.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

Basic anatomy is why it should have been easy to discern how the guts jut out.

Doubt it for continuity, but she is rather playful nonetheless.

Not sure I understand the doubt, we have Rhoda making another appearance in panel 3, she looks like she had just shrunk Nanase, and the last paragraph in the commentary even states that Rhoda's appearance and her messing with size and such is the most canon part of this non canon comic.

Based on her hair color and surly look, I think the girl next to Ashley is her goth friend, possibly hit by the same spell as Kitty's friend was.  The third panel, Ashley is holding the same girl but shrunk down to doll size.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Based on her hair color and surly look, I think the girl next to Ashley is her goth friend, possibly hit by the same spell as Kitty's friend was.  The third panel, Ashley is holding the same girl but shrunk down to doll size.

I expect that it is still Bad Tom...

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

I expect that it is still Bad Tom...

It is Bad Tom. Dan confirmed it first on Patreon then edited the commentary of the page to reflect it.

I swore it was Elliot considering Ashley was giving the dour maid a lot of attention, never thought that even in a non canon setting she'd do that to Bad Tom.

Just now, Scotty said:

It is Bad Tom. Dan confirmed it first on Patreon then edited the commentary of the page to reflect it.

I swore it was Elliot considering Ashley was giving the dour maid a lot of attention, never thought that even in a non canon setting she'd do that to Bad Tom.

I took it as exactly how goody-two-shoes Ashley really is.  She looks like she's honestly geeking out about how cute Bad Tom is and doesn't seem to me at least to be rubbing salt in his predicament.

In fairness she may not have recognized him....

9 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Ok that I might believe.

The main issue I had was eventhough Ashley is good to the core and thus I can see her being capable of forgiveness, her face upon seeing him interacting with Susan, and they way she described him to Elliot, I can see Bad Tom had really hurt her, so that made even a non canon interaction between Ashley and Bad Tom seem weird.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ok that I might believe.

The main issue I had was eventhough Ashley is good to the core and thus I can see her being capable of forgiveness, her face upon seeing him interacting with Susan, and they way she described him to Elliot, I can see Bad Tom had really hurt her, so that made even a non canon interaction between Ashley and Bad Tom seem weird.

No argument.  bad Tom really did a number on her.

But choosing out Bad Tom to Susan got her Elliot too.  :)

I'm not sure what's the problem with pregnant-like form, and we already got pregnant-looking Lisa, but with magically-inducing pregnancy, there's the question of who the baby is. I mean, it would be weird (and icky) for magic to just create a child from nothing and destroy it afterwards, but if it actually be someone transformed to unborn child, that could work ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Ok that I might believe.

He doesn't look easy to recognize so yes that would be my take as well (no I didn't recognized him before Dan's commentary).

But choosing out Bad Tom to Susan got her Elliot too.

That wouldn't be argument to forgive him even if it would be deliberate from him, and it wasn't.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

With the extra hair in the final panel, does Ashley look like she's wearing the costume for the Unfortunately-Named-Cheerleader-Themed-Superheroine?

Extra hair and gap between shirt and skirt.

18 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

In panel 3, Ashley appears to be carrying a baby. With improbably long hair for a baby that (proportionate) size.

While she holds him like baby, I don't think babies are THIS small like ever. Looks more like the fairy doll.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think I know what you're referring to with the callback, but Elliot in the NP doesn't look like the example form from back in Sister 2. But I can't shake the feeling that there is another instance of that form somewhere...

For Elliot? I don't think so. There was Fox, Felix and Tedd - wait. Elliot here. But neither looks that much similar this.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

For Elliot? I don't think so. There was Fox, Felix and Tedd - wait. Elliot here. But neither looks that much similar this.

It's the look on Elliot's face in that last example of yours and the example from my post that makes it harder to believe that it's Bad Tom in the NP. Though in the previous strip, Bad Tom's FV5 form bared a striking resemblance to self-FV5'ed Ellen but with even longer hair, which I found odd.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It's the look on Elliot's face in that last example of yours and the example from my post

... yeah, those looks are somewhat similar.