• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Wixelt

Story: Friday, April 1st 2016

Well, when stuff is going on in the comic, you can easily have a day of comic time take place over half a year of real time. On the other hand, when stuff isn't going on, you can have things like six months going by in the space of one comic.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.

True, true. Though to be fair, it's probably still January given some of the comments about New Year apparently still being recent and things like that, which means there's a finite number of Saturdays available (11th, 18th and 25th, if i'm not mistaken, though i'd say it's more likely to be one of the first two).

8 minutes ago, exterminator said:

I think Nanase should try to make a fairy doll linked to one of the griffins, just to be sure they have that contact option in the future.

That seems a wonderful idea. Maybe the fairy doll she presently inhabits?

6 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

That seems a wonderful idea. Maybe the fairy doll she presently inhabits?

I'm pretty sure she has to make a new fairy doll to link it to someone new. There could be a new feature to the spell that allows her to change that though. 

It'd be interesting to see if the fairy dolls even work when the doll's on the other half of the world from Nanase

So who will be invited to the Griffon Reunion?

Elliot, Ellen, Nanase, Ashley, Charlotte, and Dianne I would expect to be there.

Tedd knows the most about the build-ups.  Grace won't let him go alone if she thinks it may be dangerous.  Sarah may be there in Lab Assistant or OTT capacity, unless she finally gets to that date with Sam.

If Susan and Dianne make contact before the Griffons come back, Susan will be there.  Otherwise, the Susan/Dianne meeting will overshadow the Griffons.

I can't think of a good reason for Justin to be there.

Now the big question is who will be there from outside the Maine Ate?

Agent Edward Verres, with or without agents Wolf and Cranium, may be there depending on what the meddling kids tell him.

Adrian Raven and/or Noah may be there depending on what either of them hear from the meddling kids.

Noriko, Magus, Helena, Demetrius, Jerry, and Colonel Sanders may be there, but for reasons we may not like,

And on the Fairy Travel question...

If Fairy Nanase was to hitch a ride to the other side of the world with the Griffons, would she then be able to return to the Griffon's side as a fairy on her own?  Would she have any difficulty bringing her consciousness back to Moperville?  Does she know the Griffons well enough to send a fairy to them?  Is the Griffon's side of the world close enough to be in Nanase's range?

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So who will be invited to the Griffon Reunion?

Elliot, Ellen, Nanase, Ashley, Charlotte, and Dianne I would expect to be there.

Tedd knows the most about the build-ups.  Grace won't let him go alone if she thinks it may be dangerous.  Sarah may be there in Lab Assistant or OTT capacity, unless she finally gets to that date with Sam.

If Susan and Dianne make contact before the Griffons come back, Susan will be there.  Otherwise, the Susan/Dianne meeting will overshadow the Griffons.

I can't think of a good reason for Justin to be there.

Now the big question is who will be there from outside the Maine Ate?

Agent Edward Verres, with or without agents Wolf and Cranium, may be there depending on what the meddling kids tell him.

Adrian Raven and/or Noah may be there depending on what either of them hear from the meddling kids.

Noriko, Magus, Helena, Demetrius, Jerry, and Colonel Sanders may be there, but for reasons we may not like,

...That's a lot of people. The people you listed all have reasons to be there, in character and story wise (Justin could tag along on curiosity :P), but the people who have been here today are a bit much of a crowd

My guess would be:
Elliot or Nanase because they're familiar with the griffins.
Tedd (maybe Grace), Edward (maybe Wolf and/or Cranium), and possibly Raven for knowledge.
Might have trouble convincing Edward that Tedd should go though.

Could add a few more maybe, but if you get too many people there you start to run into problems with crowding the griffins, attracting attention and writing the scene. I think those are the people who would add the most to the conversation and the scene.

1 hour ago, Wixelt said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2175

Four weeks? You know, it's at times like this that I really wish we knew the exact date. That way we could keep track over the next few arcs to see if they miss it.

I still believe the current arc (alongside Playing with Dolls and Question Mark) happen January 11th. We'e been given no indication of another time skip between "Family Tree" and "Identity", so it's reasonable to assume that "Identity" takes place the first week back to school. 

Anyway 4 weeks would put it February 8th and Dan has stated the next main story arc will mainly be the main eight getting each other up to speed on what happened over the weekend, so as far as when Dan will get around to the next meeting with the griffons, could be towards the end of the year/next year for us depending on what else he does story wise between So a Date and the next meeting.  There's still a possible date between Sarah and Sam, as well as a hopeful storyline for Ellen's upcoming "birthday".

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I still believe the current arc (alongside Playing with Dolls and Question Mark) happen January 11th. We'e been given no indication of another time skip between "Family Tree" and "Identity", so it's reasonable to assume that "Identity" takes place the first week back to school. 

Anyway 4 weeks would put it February 8th and Dan has stated the next main story arc will mainly be the main eight getting each other up to speed on what happened over the weekend, so as far as when Dan will get around to the next meeting with the griffons, could be towards the end of the year/next year for us depending on what else he does story wise between So a Date and the next meeting.  There's still a possible date between Sarah and Sam, as well as a hopeful storyline for Ellen's upcoming "birthday".

I think there were other things Dan mentioned that might be happening that could only occur in January. I can't remember exactly what they were (bar one, though i'm keeping that one to my chest in case it doesn't end up happening), but he'd likely not skip past them unless he relegated them to NP, so we can be assured it's, as you pointed out, probably still early to mid January.

Oh? This conversation is drawing to a close already? I was expecting a lot more questions from both sides, but now that I think about it, I suppose they already said everything important at the moment. Plus, now that they've agreed to meet again in four weeks, there will be time to both think of new questions and possibly come up with some answers for the griffins. One thing I regret, however, is Tara not getting the chance to tell Diane why she is a potential vampire hunter. I suppose that is up to Nanase and Ellen now, and unfortunately I don't see them as too willing to tell Diane anything before they've told Susan about her first and unless Elliot convinces them otherwise, that might take far too long too. Nanase might see reason, but if Ellen still insists on keeping quiet, someone needs to slap her. Grace would be a good choice, but sadly she's not an option in this case.

2 hours ago, exterminator said:

I think Nanase should try to make a fairy doll linked to one of the griffins, just to be sure they have that contact option in the future.

I doubt Nanase would be able to contact the griffins' homeworld so easily. I hope I'm wrong.

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Anyway 4 weeks would put it February 8th and Dan has stated the next main story arc will mainly be the main eight getting each other up to speed on what happened over the weekend

He has? Awesome. About time too (for us, I mean). This has been the longest weekend ever.

P.S. Pharaoh, why do you keep misspelling Diane's name? I don't wish to be rude, but it's really bugging me.

12 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Oh? This conversation is drawing to a close already? I was expecting a lot more questions from both sides, but now that I think about it, I suppose they already said everything important at the moment. Plus, now that they've agreed to meet again in four weeks, there will be time to both think of new questions and possibly come up with some answers for the griffins.

They likely did ask more questions off panel and Dan may have Elliot and Nanase mention it either when they get back to Charlotte's or more likely when they bring the others up to speed in the next arc.

18 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

One thing I regret, however, is Tara not getting the chance to tell Diane why she is a potential vampire hunter. I suppose that is up to Nanase and Ellen now, and unfortunately I don't see them as too willing to tell Diane anything before they've told Susan about her first and unless Elliot convinces them otherwise, that might take far too long too. Nanase might see reason, but if Ellen still insists on keeping quiet, someone needs to slap her. Grace would be a good choice, but sadly she's not an option in this case.

I still have a feeling that Diane will ask about Susan in the near future (I'd love it to be before this arc is done though). She's already convinced herself that Susan is her sister, she knows Nanase and Ellen are friends of Susan, Nanase stated in front of Diane that she helped kill a vampire before, that combination along with the fact that Diane was told she has the potential to be a vampire slayer has got to make her wonder if her sister also has the potential and maybe even already killed a vampire. So yeah, even if Nanase and Ellen still don't plan on saying anything, Diane will likely break the plan for them.

24 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

I doubt Nanase would be able to contact the griffins' homeworld so easily. I hope I'm wrong.

You know, it actually wouldn't be a bad idea. It certainly wouldn't be possible for Nanase to contact the griffons in their half of the world as she's never been there, but if they kept the doll with them when they came back, as long as Nanase remembers, she can try to contact them when she thinks they should be back in Moperville, so she could let them know she hadn't forgotten about the meeting and decide where to go from there.

42 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

P.S. Pharaoh, why do you keep misspelling Diane's name? I don't wish to be rude, but it's really bugging me.

No offense was intended.  If I don't double check every detail, I make mistakes.

Strange how the spellcheck accepts "Dianne" with two Ns but rejects "Tedd" with two Ds.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace won't let him go alone if she thinks it may be dangerous. 

... you think she will let him go alone if she wouldn't? This doesn't seem like something Grace would like to miss.

2 hours ago, Wildcat said:

My guess would be:
Elliot or Nanase because they're familiar with the griffins.
Tedd (maybe Grace), Edward (maybe Wolf and/or Cranium), and possibly Raven for knowledge.
Might have trouble convincing Edward that Tedd should go though.

Could add a few more maybe, but if you get too many people there you start to run into problems with crowding the griffins, attracting attention and writing the scene. I think those are the people who would add the most to the conversation and the scene.

I can totally imagine most people only going there to see the griffins (or, well, Wolf can go as firepower in case something bad happens) and only Nanase, Tedd, Edward and Raven actually talking.

58 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Oh? This conversation is drawing to a close already? I was expecting a lot more questions from both sides, but now that I think about it, I suppose they already said everything important at the moment.

Plus, it is possible something else was said but not shown in comics because not being important for US.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

They likely did ask more questions off panel and Dan may have Elliot and Nanase mention it either when they get back to Charlotte's or more likely when they bring the others up to speed in the next arc.

... or this.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I still have a feeling that Diane will ask about Susan in the near future

... "about"? She may decide to confront Susan directly instead.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

You know, it actually wouldn't be a bad idea. It certainly wouldn't be possible for Nanase to contact the griffons in their half of the world as she's never been there, but if they kept the doll with them when they came back, as long as Nanase remembers, she can try to contact them when she thinks they should be back in Moperville, so she could let them know she hadn't forgotten about the meeting and decide where to go from there.

If inhabiting existing fairy she doesn't need to know WHERE it is, see http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1008 ... but the general idea is good: even if Nanase wouldn't be able to contact griffons on their half of the world for any reason, the fairy will still be useful when they return.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Diane doesn't know where Susan lives, I guess she could go to Tensaided's video store and hope Susan's got a shift that day. Sending her a message through the review show, might make Susan rethink her view of the person who defended Elliot against the gay rumours. Diane had already told Nanase that she'd be interested in meeting Susan,well she was mainly wanting to meet Elliot but grudgingly agreed that meeting Susan "would be lovely", I'm thinking that since she now has a more important reason for meeting Susan, she'll press Nanase and Ellen into setting up a meeting.

11 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

I suspect that this strip is set on January 17th.

What makes you think that?

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Diane doesn't know where Susan lives, I guess she could go to Tensaided's video store and hope Susan's got a shift that day. Sending her a message through the review show, might make Susan rethink her view of the person who defended Elliot against the gay rumours. Diane had already told Nanase that she'd be interested in meeting Susan,well she was mainly wanting to meet Elliot but grudgingly agreed that meeting Susan "would be lovely", I'm thinking that since she now has a more important reason for meeting Susan, she'll press Nanase and Ellen into setting up a meeting.

I was thinking of meeting her in school. But you're right, it would be weird to try that before trying to set up a meeting. Maybe later if she would get feeling Nanase and Ellen don't WANT her to meet Susan.

She had one advantage over "random person": there is obvious reason why she could want to talk to Susan - and by "obvious" I mean "clear on first look".

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I can totally imagine most people only going there to see the griffins (or, well, Wolf can go as firepower in case something bad happens) and only Nanase, Tedd, Edward and Raven actually talking.

I can see that too, and I suppose them not taking part would solve the writing issue. I'm not sure I would be happy with that though. And I don't think the griffins would appreciate a whole bunch of people showing up just to gawk.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I was thinking of meeting her in school. But you're right, it would be weird to try that before trying to set up a meeting. Maybe later if she would get feeling Nanase and Ellen don't WANT her to meet Susan.

She had one advantage over "random person": there is obvious reason why she could want to talk to Susan - and by "obvious" I mean "clear on first look".

Meeting at school would be tricky considering they go to separate schools, Nanase was able to get into North because of the chaos the goo caused.

At the moment, Nanase and Ellen don't know that Diane's figured out Susan is her sister so they had been content to keep that knowledge to themselves. Of course now Elliot and Ashley know, but it's a safe bet they'd keep it to themselves as well, but if Diane were to reveal to them that she's certain that she's Susan sister and wants to contact her, there really isn't much Nanase and Ellen could do to stop her. They can advise against it because of Susan's history and not knowing she's adopted, but ultimately if Diane still wants to go through with it, she's got the right by blood.

Then who is keeping from who?

Time has no meaning in comics land. Never be wary of the movement of days and nights.

13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is the Griffon's side of the world close enough to be in Nanase's range?

Their side of the world may be mere centimeters away...if you can move in ten dimensions, that is.

11 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

As a general rule never trust any spellchecker with any name. Every time I've done that I've had to go back and fix it later.

Oh my God yes. I still remember an infamous annual report from the Danish nuclear test station at Risoe. At the time it was led by a physicist named Dr. Hiller.

Due to incautious use of the spell checker, his name was spelled 'Hitler' throughout the entire report. I am morally certain that the poor man did not deserve that.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Their side of the world may be mere centimeters away...if you can move in ten dimensions, that is.

It may be a matter of whether Nanase could project her consciousness into a doll through the barrier separating the halves. If the portal is always open (though hidden from plain sight) maybe? If the portal has to be opened by a skilled magic user, then I don't think Nanase knows how to do that yet, and then there's the issue of keeping the portal open so it doesn't prevent her from returning to her body. And even still, it's probably a large distance from the portal to where the griffons live in their half.

So last week I noticed that Dan had been making the dates in the hover text all funky. This week, the dates are fine, but the hover text now has page titles. March 28th's is "Checking In" the 30th's is "Critical Information" and April 1st's is "Return in the Avengers".