• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP, Friday June 30, 2017

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait. Can Ellen really make person STRONGER, or just BEEFIER (that is, looking stronger but without greater strength)?

According to Dan, stronger.  I'll take his word on it.

Not sure what exactly "shorter and taller" did?

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Obviously, nothing. Hence the "Sorry, Susan! Wasn't sure what I was expecting."

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=636

... oh. Right. Shorter and taller :)

Wait. Can Ellen really make person STRONGER, or just BEEFIER (that is, looking stronger but without greater strength)?

The commentary implies that beefier=stronger in much the same way that Grace can beef herself up to be stronger, increased muscle mass has gotta count for something right?

2 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

It canceled each other out, hence Susan's reaction in that panel and Ellen's apology zapping in the last panel.

Dangit, ninja'd! lol

Just now, Scotty said:

The commentary implies that beefier=stronger in much the same way that Grace can beef herself up to be stronger, increased muscle mass has gotta count for something right?

Considering magic is involved? No it doesn't have to. But, ok, apparently it does.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Considering magic is involved? No it doesn't have to. But, ok, apparently it does.

Well, I'm sure that if you can use magic to make yourself stronger without adding extra beef (or cheese), this can be redundant, but beefing up someone that's not a magic user should probably have an effect other than pure physical appearance.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:
15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, I'm sure that if you can use magic to make yourself stronger without adding extra beef (or cheese), this can be redundant, but beefing up someone that's not a magic user should probably have an effect other than pure physical appearance.

Yeah ... SHOULD.

RFC 2119 said:

SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
   may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to ignore a
   particular item, but the full implications must be understood and
   carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It canceled each other out, hence Susan's reaction in that panel and Ellen's apology zapping in the last panel.

I thought Susan was taller, but susan is tall to begin with...

Taller and Shrunk favored the shrunk with Sarah, so shorter and taller may have favored the taller with Susan..

39 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I thought Susan was taller, but susan is tall to begin with...

Taller and Shrunk favored the shrunk with Sarah, so shorter and taller may have favored the taller with Susan..

In the case of Sarah, the "taller" part alone might have made her as tall as Susan, but the "shrunk" part made her probably half size, so her proportions are completely different than they would be if she was simply just shrunk.

54 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I thought Susan was taller, but Susan is tall to begin with...

I also did, but this picture says otherwise, so nah, she just went back to her original size.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

In the case of Sarah, the "taller" part alone might have made her as tall as Susan, but the "shrunk" part made her probably half size, so her proportions are completely different than they would be if she was simply just shrunk.

Rhoda-sized, but worse.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I call no dibs on the "muscle suit" trope.