• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Monday, July 3rd, 2017

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That page also confirms something I wasn't quite sure of earlier: Luke has not noticed yet that Tedd's hair isn't pink any more, and that Tedd was female for awhile. So without his mark, Luke is less observant than either Rich or Larry.

Both Rich and Larry assumed Tedd was a girl before Tedd even was a girl, they paid closer attention to Tedd, Luke on the other hand glanced in Tedd's direction while attempting to "look" at George and he wasn't sure of it was George or Tedd that was the source of the flash. Pandora stating that the spell wouldn't work properly when used on Tedd might correspond to the wand no working properly, though the wand was implied to give a 0 potential reading when used on Tedd, I'd think it'd be poor design if the wand didn't throw up errors if it was overloaded or had a negative value or something, so I don't know what the deal is there.

Anyway, Luke didn't really pay much attention to Tedd for much of the night and only found out about Tedd's hair colour changing by overhearing Rich and Larry and then he ended up playing against Tedd and contemplating the change.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And were you actually so good to realize Sarah was marked when he didn't checked her? Of course, when we found she's marked we remembered this ...

Oh no, I was speaking purely in hindsight there, I hadn't started really reading the comics until a couple months after that hint was dropped and it wasn't until the end of the story when it was revealed that Sarah had a mark that it became obvious.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe better than Adrian having affair with Noriko but that doesn't say much. I think it took years before Tedd's magic became visible - possibly it happened while experimenting with TF gun, or even later when experimenting with magic - and the breakup happened meanwhile and he didn't saw (nor tasted) Tedd since.

That's why I had the thinking that maybe the divorce caused an angst induced awakening or something in Tedd and his near mute behaviour for years after was a symptom of it.

Susan's awakening nearly caused her to go into a murderous rage if not for a quick serenity spell from Jerry.

Greg may have had an awakening caused by depression due to being dumped by his girlfriend and the subsequent anime marathon.

Tedd going into a deep depression over the divorce of his parents doesn't seem too far off really.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Question is what is the breakpoint if you look at Japan. Japan is island, but their emperors are not that old (also, if we were literal we would need to only count literal kings) and blood of other kings might've been isolated from them ... (Nanase's family IS from Japan, right?)

Traditionally all the emperors are supposed to descend from a majo named Himiko. Most are supposed to descend from a Korean princess who married one of the earliest emperors considered to be historical. BTW, when Akihito, the reigning Emperor, pointed this out in public sixteen years ago, it began a stir in Japan that hasn't down yet.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe better than Adrian having affair with Noriko but that doesn't say much. I think it took years before Tedd's magic became visible - possibly it happened while experimenting with TF gun, or even later when experimenting with magic - and the breakup happened meanwhile and he didn't saw (nor tasted) Tedd since.

That's why I had the thinking that maybe the divorce caused an angst induced awakening or something in Tedd and his near mute behaviour for years after was a symptom of it.

Susan's awakening nearly caused her to go into a murderous rage if not for a quick serenity spell from Jerry.

Greg may have had an awakening caused by depression due to being dumped by his girlfriend and the subsequent anime marathon.

Tedd going into a deep depression over the divorce of his parents doesn't seem too far off really.

I think angst and depression are very different emotions and that you are more likely to have awakening on getting OUT of depression instead of in. Which might mean Tedd had awakening while working on TF gun - or asking to work on TF gun.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Question is what is the breakpoint if you look at Japan. Japan is island, but their emperors are not that old (also, if we were literal we would need to only count literal kings) and blood of other kings might've been isolated from them ... (Nanase's family IS from Japan, right?)

Traditionally all the emperors are supposed to descend from a majo named Himiko. Most are supposed to descend from a Korean princess who married one of the earliest emperors considered to be historical. BTW, when Akihito, the reigning Emperor, pointed this out in public sixteen years ago, it began a stir in Japan that hasn't down yet.

This might've been more useful if my knowledge about Korea wouldn't be even worse than my knowledge about Japan :)

Oh. Wait. Himiko is supposed to be from first few centuries AD, definitely enough for all Japan people being descended from her.