• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things that make you worried.

133 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The lack of use of this forum. Please don't let it die.

The EGS portion or in general?

If it's the EGS portion, then I don't think you have much to worry about. It's just a temporary lull in things to talk about.

If it's in general, I understand your concern. The bulk of the activity has been on the EGS forums. Most of the others have little to none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mainly worried about the EGS Off-Topic forum. It's been a source of fun and a stress reliever for many years now. It seems to be going dark, taking the last couple of weeks into account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the EGS fans are plenty active, its every OTHER section of the forum that's dead.

as for this particular subsection, i'd be more inclined to use it more often if the majority of the active threads didn't have a 'talk about yourself' theme.

This is the internet I usually don't want to talk about my real life. I spend time online the same as I do in games; to get away from that convoluted ball of stress and pretend for a while that that side of my life isn't real. the few times that i do, i'll pop up over in the chatroom, because that doesn't keep logs to constantly remind me that everything sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

i'd be more inclined to use it more often if the majority of the active threads didn't have a 'talk about yourself' theme

Start a new thread, then! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been not sleeping right for about a month. I keep waking up 2-5 times a night busting for the toilet. I went to the doctors, they took a urine sample and booked me in for a blood test next week.

They phoned me yesterday and said they found "an abnormality" and I should do them another urine sample. The secretary did say that because the doctor doesn't want me to book an appointment that it'll be nothing but it still worries me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kackawacky said:

Been not sleeping right for about a month. I keep waking up 2-5 times a night busting for the toilet. I went to the doctors, they took a urine sample and booked me in for a blood test next week.

They phoned me yesterday and said they found "an abnormality" and I should do them another urine sample. The secretary did say that because the doctor doesn't want me to book an appointment that it'll be nothing but it still worries me.

That'll cause anxiety, yep. Sorry to hear you're going through it. Hope the abnormality turns out to be a flaw in the test or something minor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of medical tests that are cheap, easy, and have a high false-positive rate of detecting problems - sometimes to the point where a detected problem is more likely to be a false positive than a real problem. If you get a positive result from such a test, the proper response is to order a retest (if retests don't generally repeat the false-positive results) or a more difficult/expensive test that is significantly less likely to give a false positive.

So why don't they order the more difficult/expensive test first? Because the cheap test alone will give a correct, negative result for most people, saving them the expense of the expensive test. If it's a choice of having 100 people pay $2 (total $200), or having 90 people pay $1 and 10 people pay $3 (total $120)...

HarJIT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running my dish washer. I swear it's saying "Hastur.. Hastur..." It's done it way more than 3 times and nothings happened, but if Tulsa disappears into some where beyond time and space, it was my fault. Sorry.

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm running my dish washer. I swear it's saying "Hastur.. Hastur..." It's done it way more than 3 times and nothings happened, but if Tulsa disappears into some where beyond time and space, it was my fault. Sorry.

MJL, I swear to God, if you start losing entire municipalities to nightmare realms or elder horrors, I am raising your warning level!

Scotty likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These rainstorms. Nothing as bad as April's floods in my area (yet), but I still worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm running my dish washer. I swear it's saying "Hastur.. Hastur..." It's done it way more than 3 times and nothings happened, but if Tulsa disappears into some where beyond time and space, it was my fault. Sorry.

Wait, Oklahoma isn't already in a realm beyond time and space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Wait, Oklahoma isn't already in a realm beyond time and space?

You're thinking of Oklahoma!  That's on Broadway.  Not a realm beyond time and space, but I can see how you might make that mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

MJL, I swear to God, if you start losing entire municipalities to nightmare realms or elder horrors, I am raising your warning level!

It's JML, just for what it's worth.  I go by my middle name, and if possible mlooney is my computer loggin and has been that way from 1976 back when I was on a PDP-11 time share system.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

I'm not so certain about places "where the wind comes skipping down the plain".

Sweeping down the plains.  Not skipping, that would not make sense, now would it.

 

Quote

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain.
OOOOk-lahoma, Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I, Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land (yo-ho)
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Aye-yip-aye-yo-ee-ay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's JML, just for what it's worth.  I go by my middle name, and if possible mlooney is my computer loggin and has been that way from 1976 back when I was on a PDP-11 time share 

Apologies! I misremembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way the hell off topic, but I find Zintel, from Flaky Pastry, with grey hair a lot hotter than her normal purple and orange hair.

I'm not sure why this worries me, but it does.  Might be the fact that I'm up at 01:00 doing random things of the computer.

 

160603-1830.Falingard.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This summer is gonna hurt. It would usually rain more than expected. Not a good way for some dry, good, clean fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stature said:

This summer is gonna hurt. It would usually rain more than expected. Not a good way for some dry, good, clean fun.

"I bet you don't even know what good clean fun is."

"No I don't. What good is it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon is making the bold claim that my replacement tablet and pair of memory chips will be delivered today by 20:00. CST  Their "track your package" thing even says it's on the truck.

It's Sunday.  The apartment complex office, which is where I suspect they "deliver" to is closed.   I've got every form of notify that Amazon offers turned on about the delivery, so I can make the half mile (one way) trip as soon as Amazon thinks it's been delivered.  In the time I've been living here the only delivery truck I've seen in side the compound is DLX and I know this is going UPS.

  Color me gobsmacked. It just arrived. Granted none of the notify things have gone off, but I've got the box in my hand.

Edited by mlooney
It got here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My worries are a little lower now. After a blood test we've narrowed my illness down to liver enzymes. I need another blood test in a few months but at least I know where my problems lie. 

The Old Hack and mlooney like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kackawacky said:

My worries are a little lower now. After a blood test we've narrowed my illness down to liver enzymes. I need another blood test in a few months but at least I know where my problems lie. 

Good.. I hope you feel better soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kackawacky said:

My worries are a little lower now. After a blood test we've narrowed my illness down to liver enzymes. I need another blood test in a few months but at least I know where my problems lie. 

Know exactly how you feel.  Last time I what I thought was a micro kidney stone (before this one) it was on my right side, not my left and I could not pee.  After 36 hours of that I went to an urgent care where they ran a crap ton of test, sent me home telling me that they would call when the test were done, but based on the screening test there was a better than 75% chance that I would have to go to the hospital that night.  As it happened I got lucky and it was just a real bad infection and mass doses of antibiotics was all I needed, plus some minor pain pills and something to make me pee lot.  Doctor even told me to drink stuff with caffeine in rather than water, for that diuretic action.  He joked that if I wasn't on psychoactive drugs a six pack of a good IPA or stout would almost be a good idea.

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to have a very sick cat. He has thrown up at least three times today and had 2-3 bouts of diarrhea. I have no idea what's causing it, other than possibly the latest dose of flea medicine that we put on him several days ago. He's currently hiding under our bed, where I can't get to him. I've got to wait until someone with working kneecaps (Mrs. Prof) to get home and get him out before anything can be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I seem to have a very sick cat. He has thrown up at least three times today and had 2-3 bouts of diarrhea. I have no idea what's causing it, other than possibly the latest dose of flea medicine that we put on him several days ago. He's currently hiding under our bed, where I can't get to him. I've got to wait until someone with working kneecaps (Mrs. Prof) to get home and get him out before anything can be done.

If it was several days ago, it's probably not the flea medicine.  Other than looking for string looped under his tongue or for any plants, medicines, supplements, etc. he could have gotten into, or any chewed-apart toys or missing foam or stuffing from furniture, I'm not sure what else you can do at home.  Looking in the mouth is, of course, only to be tried if he's a nice, tolerant cat -- Rule Number One is, "Don't get bit!"  Note whether the vomit looks like undigested food, partially digested food, green liquid, white foam, etc. and whether there's anything unusual inside it or, ah, the other end.

And if you can, make sure he doesn't hide himself somewhere you won't be able to get him out of when Mrs. Prof does come home....

Best of luck!  Hope you get him to the vet and the problem is easily and cheaply fixed!

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now