• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things that make you worried.

38 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

No idea how much of this is tax. Regardless, I have a picture in my mind of Mrs. Prof arguing with the service manager over repairs that weren't quoted on the sheet when she took it in. It's not a pretty picture.

Probably the extra expense is due to the Commander leading Pioneers across the Ridgeline to complete a Probe.

I called Mrs. Prof. No steam from the ears. She had a few confusing moments trying to find someone to help her get the truck back, but there were no, "Oh, and we found this, too," moments. Must have been tax, because she sounded pleasant enough. Phew!

Mrs. Prof had the version of CCleaner that everyone is freaked out about. Her system is now doing strange things, like popping up with a UAC request while she's typing a response during a Facebook session. I've scanned, double-scanned, and triple-scanned, yet I can't find the source of the problem, even after uninstalling CCleaner. If the weirdness continues, I'm going to have to reset her system with a clean version of Windows.

13 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mrs. Prof had the version of CCleaner that everyone is freaked out about. 

Uh oh.  Um, what's going on with CCleaner?  I was off today and spent the day reading and petting cats....

13 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Uh oh.  Um, what's going on with CCleaner?  I was off today and spent the day reading and petting cats....

http://blog.talosintelligence.com/2017/09/avast-distributes-malware.html

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/18/avast-reckons-ccleaner-malware-infected-2-27m-users/

Do a news search on Google for it. Mrs. Prof got hit.

There is a 32-bit subsection of the 64-bit version. My wife is still having trouble, even though she had the 64-bit version. Watch your version number more than your bit-depth.

The mayor of the city of Garland, TX has resigned, just last night. He resigned over the decision of the city council to tear down an old armory and build a skate part / dog park in its place. Claimed it was against the will of the people of the city.

What worries me is that Mrs. Prof claims he was a TNR supporter. The Mayor Pro Tem will fill in until the next regular election, which happens in May 2018. No clue where he stands on TNR.