• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things that make you worried.

We have a staff member who is epileptic.  Her seizures are usually relatively mild, with  behavioral signs rather than grand mal.  Well, they'd been getting worse over time, and she's been taken off her meds to conduct tests.  The good news is that the tests are in preparation to doing a procedure that will hopefully lead to a big improvement.  The down side is that her seizures have been getting worse.

I know enough to wait out all but the worst, but the last one I was in the back and didn't hear the commotion until after the staff had already called an ambulance.  From their description, that was probably the right thing to do, because this one was severe enough for her to stop breathing briefly, but by the time the ambulance got there she was coming out of it and annoyed about all the fuss. She understood a bit more after hearing how bad it had been.

(I started to use "they" and "their" for privacy, but like many vet practices, everyone on staff is female....)

She's feeling fine and laughing with her friends now, and she has someone to drive her home, so it's all good now. Still, it's scary and disruptive and I really hope this procedure helps her!

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

She's feeling fine and laughing with her friends now, and she has someone to drive her home, so it's all good now. Still, it's scary and disruptive and I really hope this procedure helps her!

Me too! Here's hoping!