• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday July 5, 2017

Gee, ya think that Lord Tedd also has the power to bend worlds to his will?

This mean that the guantlet Tedd built doesn't store magic. It could simply have a placebo effect allowing Tedd to think it's what he's doing when actually he's only calling up his true, unlimited magical power.

Also, Pandora is definitely looking scary in that last panel.

This isn't good I think. Pandora was doing so well, being kind, gentle, motherly, I got the feeling she really wanted to do things right. But she's slipped, this can't bode well, if she doesn't catch herself before she goes too far.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, at least she only has one head, so far...

For those that might not understand my reference.

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Chaos has truly taken over. Take a Xanax, Pandora.

No, she just watched The Fellowship and is doing Galadriel cosplay.

Or it's possible that my waifu has stepped off the curb and isn't watching traffic.  

Could go either way. 

Hey, listen!

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Gee, ya think that Lord Tedd also has the power to bend worlds to his will?

Of course. And the "Lord" title suggests that he practically tested that.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

This mean that the guantlet Tedd built doesn't store magic. It could simply have a placebo effect allowing Tedd to think it's what he's doing when actually he's only calling up his true, unlimited magical power.

Or it DOES store magic and Tedd actually used more power than Sarah when looking at the Whale.

Or it DOES store magic and Tedd just didn't noticed it's full three seconds after starting.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, Pandora is definitely looking scary in that last panel.

She already looked scarier. But it may not be good look for (Fairy God)motherly talk.

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Actually, for a bored Immortal, the ability to give herself a good motivational talk could be something very useful.

Considering the rules depend on how they understand them, it can be matter of live or dead. Well, reset.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

For those that might not understand my reference.

I'm pretty sure Galadriel is older than Pandora. She remembers the trees. But she's also saner. Even in this scene.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

This isn't good I think. Pandora was doing so well, being kind, gentle, motherly, I got the feeling she really wanted to do things right. But she's slipped, this can't bode well, if she doesn't catch herself before she goes too far.

Good thought. Tedd is trying to restrain his reactions; he reminded himself that she can't hurt him unless he attacks. But if Tedd doesn't  say something, Pandora is more likely to keep on going ballistic. That actually means "out of control", BTW, as when a guided missile loses its lockon and just keeps going on in the same direction.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Good thought. Tedd is trying to restrain his reactions; he reminded himself that she can't hurt him unless he attacks. But if Tedd doesn't  say something, Pandora is more likely to keep on going ballistic. That actually means "out of control", BTW, as when a guided missile loses its lockon and just keeps going on in the same direction.

Ballistic is predictable. Pandora isn't going to get predictable. We can't even predict if she does "diminish" like Galadriel or continue getting scarier.

... Tedd might be lucky to not having the gauntlet now.

Also, with this I'm sure Heka did the right thing when he didn't told Pandora the second purpose. She WOULD blab that out.

Hmmm ... is Voltaire watching?

A fresh thought: What if removing the clog doesn't significantly diminish the ambient magical energy of Moperville? If Tedd is a well of such energy, enough to bend worlds, maybe the real solution is for Tedd to do more magic, similar to the way Ellen and Elliot used extra magic to manage their buildups.

9 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

A fresh thought: What if removing the clog doesn't significantly diminish the ambient magical energy of Moperville?

It certainly will, although maybe not as much as they though. Maybe the whole flow of magic is to spread magic from Seers to rest of world. Worlds. Both halves of world.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If Tedd is a well of such energy, enough to bend worlds, maybe the real solution is for Tedd to do more magic, similar to the way Ellen and Elliot used extra magic to manage their buildups.

Solution to WHAT?

Although unless Pandora exaggerate, this solution is likely to find some problem :)

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

We can't even predict if she does "diminish" like Galadriel

... would be funny if next page Pandora was non-scary again and saying "... although maybe you shouldn't do that, it's more boring than it sounds."

•  
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ballistic is predictable. Pandora isn't going to get predictable. We can't even predict if she does "diminish" like Galadriel or continue getting scarier.

Ballistic also means not being able to change course. Let's look at previous ballistic Pandora episodes:

• Trying to get Magus to make Edward kill Abraham. Results: Edward got kicked upstairs, removing much of his power to protect Tedd; triggering her attack on Magus, leading to him allying with Sirleck which led to the vampire jamboree in Moperville and whatever Voltaire has on the agenda later today (Moperville time, of course.)
  • Anger at Adrian scolding her at the hospital. Result: Adrian became even further estranged, which made him more susceptible to Voltaire's setting up Pandora for trying to kill Elliot and Noah.

What I'm really hoping is that Pandora will see that she's scaring Tedd and tone down.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Trying to get Magus to make Edward kill Abraham. Results: Edward got kicked upstairs, removing much of his power to protect Tedd; triggering her attack on Magus, leading to him allying with Sirleck which led to the vampire jamboree in Moperville and whatever Voltaire has on the agenda later today (Moperville time, of course.)

And it would be even worse if her attempt succeeded, probably.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anger at Adrian scolding her at the hospital. Result: Adrian became even further estranged, which made him more susceptible to Voltaire's setting up Pandora for trying to kill Elliot and Noah.

I'm pretty sure she predicted how THAT meeting will go based on her already having the plan to empower Moperville in progress. And unlike the Magus case, she didn't looked that much angry. Also, Voltaire's setup was pretty convincing on itself.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

What I'm really hoping is that Pandora will see that she's scaring Tedd and tone down.

I don't care why but I do hope she'll tone down. Or at least disappears and let Tedd think about it.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pretty much the same shtick as when Pandora said "It will be her last dream...before waking up."

Yeah ... Pandora can be very dramatic. Did she get that from magic?

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, with this I'm sure Heka did the right thing when he didn't told Pandora the second purpose. She WOULD blab that out.

Maybe Pandora is talking about the second purpose right now? Just a guess, but it does seem like she's talking about more than just the first purpose there.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Trying to get Magus to make Edward kill Abraham. Results: Edward got kicked upstairs, removing much of his power to protect Tedd; triggering her attack on Magus, leading to him allying with Sirleck which led to the vampire jamboree in Moperville and whatever Voltaire has on the agenda later today (Moperville time, of course.)

I suspect that Leifeld might have understood Edward's feelings at the time, and that he only injured Abraham which mean Edward still had some restraint, but if Edward had actually killed Abraham after Abraham had already surrendered, then Leifeld might have had to take more drastic action.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Would this be the best or worst possible time for someone else to enter the room?

Definitely.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe Pandora is talking about the second purpose right now? Just a guess, but it does seem like she's talking about more than just the first purpose there.

She's talking about him having lot of energy which she already knew WHEN MARKING LUKE.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect that Leifeld might have understood Edward's feelings at the time, and that he only injured Abraham which mean Edward still had some restraint, but if Edward had actually killed Abraham after Abraham had already surrendered, then Leifeld might have had to take more drastic action.

Yes, I would be afraid of that as well.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I suspect ... Leifeld might have had to take more drastic action.

I suspect Leifeld used the Abraham incident as an excuse to remove Edward from his job of covering up the truth about magic. Take another look at the gym scene where Leifeld and Arthur are talking. Just how long ago did Arthur float his plan to solve the problem "for decades" go back? How long have Leifeld and Arthur been conspiring to bring on the magical reset? 

And speaking of that gym scene, isn't that Carol Brown at the far right of the second panel totally hearing Leifeld and Arthur's conversation?

Edited by Tom Sewell
Carol Brown sighting. 2nd edit because this is a bad time for any reporter to be labeled as "far left".