• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday July 7, 2017

So if Lord Tedd is in every Sister Arc, does this me Lord Tedd is someone's sister?
Or was it Lord Tedd's sister who drove him to what he became?

Pandora is still not exactly sure how "good" and "evil" work from a human perspective.

The Friends he keeps... 

Out of the Friends Tedd keeps, Sarah is the one who desires magic for it's own sake.  Is she the one who will be corrupted by the quest for power and then lead Tedd down the dark path?

The continuing development of Pandora's character is really becoming my favorite thing in EGS.  The constant struggle with the self she's come untethered from over centuries of manic isolation, her various aspects dividing and combining with increasingly less control.  Very nice.

So she shakes hands with the Good and the Evil... Appropriate enough... ...for immortals, anyway. What a Fairy Godmother she is.

And why, oh why, did not see those pronged ears earlier?

Though, a benevolent leader has enough "friends" to do the bidding.

And a long-discussed theory is, well, at least mentioned in canon.  Lord Tedd may be what Tedd would turn into without Elliott, and, less discussed, the rest of his friends.

Perhaps if Tedd had been more restricted in his tinkering with the TFG, and thus never got relief from her dysphoria when she felt female, Tedd would have stayed super-withdrawn and never made real friendships.

Also, I love how Pandora's ears go back to normal as soon as she gets herself back under control. :-)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And thankfully Pandora did realize she might have overdone the dramatic effect.

Yes.

Her save wasn't exactly stellar but good enough.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So if Lord Tedd is in every Sister Arc, does this me Lord Tedd is someone's sister?
Or was it Lord Tedd's sister who drove him to what he became?

No, our Tedd is Lord Tedd's sister :)

Although who knows, maybe Lord Tedd is genderfluid as well?

(Hmmm ... as far as we know, our Tedd doesn't have sister, but DOES have brother.)

Pandora is still not exactly sure how "good" and "evil" work from a human perspective.

She might had relatively good idea when Blaike was alive, but since then ... well, Adrian already commented that.

Out of the Friends Tedd keeps, Sarah is the one who desires magic for it's own sake.  Is she the one who will be corrupted by the quest for power and then lead Tedd down the dark path?

She desires magic for the fun, IMHO. She doesn't seem to go on any dangerous quests unless someone leads her there ...

Also, we already knows it's Elliot and Grace who is keeping the group good. Without Elliot and with Grace replaced with General Shade Tail, well ... maybe THEN Sarah went to dark path. She DID like goth ...

52 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

And a long-discussed theory is, well, at least mentioned in canon.  Lord Tedd may be what Tedd would turn into without Elliott, and, less discussed, the rest of his friends.

Perhaps if Tedd had been more restricted in his tinkering with the TFG, and thus never got relief from her dysphoria when she felt female, Tedd would have stayed super-withdrawn and never made real friendships.

No. Elliot was his friend even when he was muttering a lot, which means BEFORE TFG, in time Nanase though he was mute. But, his second oldest friend is IMHO Sarah and she's only friend with him due to Elliot ... Nanase is his cousin but might never hang with him without Elliot ... Justin would likely transfer to different city without Elliot ... Susan got into group due to Nanase, so indirectly by Elliot again ...

He might be very alone with general Shade Tail as only friend, TF gun or not.

52 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Also, I love how Pandora's ears go back to normal as soon as she gets herself back under control. :-)

To "her normal" maybe.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot was his friend even when he was muttering a lot, which means BEFORE TFG, in time Nanase though he was mute.

Yes, when they were little kids.  People can drift apart, through no fault of either of them.  We know Elliot is pretty passive; he and Sarah didn't even speak for several days, while they were supposed to be dating, because Sarah was waiting for him to call her.  If Tedd had stayed near-mute, he wouldn't have been any competiton for Elliot's attenton versus people he'd meet at ASMA, school, etc.  

7 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot was his friend even when he was muttering a lot, which means BEFORE TFG, in time Nanase though he was mute.

Yes, when they were little kids.  People can drift apart, through no fault of either of them.  We know Elliot is pretty passive; he and Sarah didn't even speak for several days, while they were supposed to be dating, because Sarah was waiting for him to call her.  If Tedd had stayed near-mute, he wouldn't have been any competiton for Elliot's attenton versus people he'd meet at ASMA, school, etc.  

Elliot isn't most people. He wouldn't abandon him because unlike Sarah he would be afraid something would happen to him. Also, Tedd IS going to school with him. He wouldn't likely spent as much time with him, but still wouldn't let him go evil. No, I think it's not just drifting apart. I think Elliot is dead in Lord Tedd's universe AND his death was one of events which put Tedd on track to become Lord Tedd.

Everything is cool, just a little LotR cosplay that got out of hand, like I said.  Pandora didn't shift to the Darkside for more than a minute.  Tops.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase is his cousin but might never hang with him without Elliot

Elliot didn't even know Nanase was Tedd's cousin until after they broke up, and when Edward first saw her, it was like he hadn't seen her in a few years, so it's safe to say the three of them never hung out. But that's mainly due to Elliot keeping the fact that he was dating Nanase a secret from Tedd and Sarah, Elliot's parent's apparently knew about Nanase though as Nanase knew Brownie and the fact that she was able to make a fairy doll inside Elliot's house means that she had been there before, so way to be a jerk in leaving your friends out of the loop Elliot! ;)

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot isn't most people. He wouldn't abandon him because unlike Sarah he would be afraid something would happen to him. Also, Tedd IS going to school with him. He wouldn't likely spent as much time with him, but still wouldn't let him go evil. No, I think it's not just drifting apart. I think Elliot is dead in Lord Tedd's universe AND his death was one of events which put Tedd on track to become Lord Tedd.

Yeah the main speculation was that in most AUs a form of Tedd and Elliot existed and were good friends. in the beta universe Tedd was dating Ellen, in the second life universe, Ellen helped Tedd gain confidence about his self worth by including him in activities. Terra and Magus is still a topic of debate because the snippet we saw of them together has been interpreted a few ways. But in those universes we don't know if anyone else exists or is even close to the group, We only saw Ellen and Beta Tedd together.  Ellen told Nanase that she didn't meet her alternate in the second life dreams, nor Sarah and Susan and Justin apparently, and also for both beta and second life universes, it was clear that Grace wasn't in the picture, but then in those universes as well, the real Grace Scuiridae likely didn't die and thus she'd be like 36-37years old by now.

So yeah, the constant seems to be Elliot/Ellen, so if they died in Lord Tedd's universe, that could have been the catalyst for Lord Tedd becoming Lord Tedd, and with Nioi stating that General Shade Tail is corrupting Lord Tedd, it's safe to assume that General Shade Tail pretended to fill the gap in Tedd life when Elliot/Ellen died and took advantage of Tedd's grief to manipulate him into using his Seer abilities,

Our Tedd has just guessed that Lord Tedd is the way he is because he doesn't keep the same friends he does, I'm wondering if he'll also conclude that maybe Elliot died in that universe which would then make him remember that an Immortal was trying to kill Elliot recently and then realize that it wasn't for craps and laughs, but to traumatize Tedd and make him go a certain way with his abilities.

We've already had Sarah guess at Adrian being Pandora's son, Tedd's really close to connecting some dots as well, lets make it a double! ;)

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Elliot didn't even know Nanase was Tedd's cousin until after they broke up, and when Edward first saw her, it was like he hadn't seen her in a few years, so it's safe to say the three of them never hung out. But that's mainly due to Elliot keeping the fact that he was dating Nanase a secret from Tedd and Sarah, Elliot's parent's apparently knew about Nanase though as Nanase knew Brownie and the fact that she was able to make a fairy doll inside Elliot's house means that she had been there before, so way to be a jerk in leaving your friends out of the loop Elliot! ;)

Yeah the main speculation was that in most AUs a form of Tedd and Elliot existed and were good friends. in the beta universe Tedd was dating Ellen, in the second life universe, Ellen helped Tedd gain confidence about his self worth by including him in activities. Terra and Magus is still a topic of debate because the snippet we saw of them together has been interpreted a few ways. But in those universes we don't know if anyone else exists or is even close to the group, We only saw Ellen and Beta Tedd together.  Ellen told Nanase that she didn't meet her alternate in the second life dreams, nor Sarah and Susan and Justin apparently, and also for both beta and second life universes, it was clear that Grace wasn't in the picture, but then in those universes as well, the real Grace Scuiridae likely didn't die and thus she'd be like 36-37years old by now.

So yeah, the constant seems to be Elliot/Ellen, so if they died in Lord Tedd's universe, that could have been the catalyst for Lord Tedd becoming Lord Tedd, and with Nioi stating that General Shade Tail is corrupting Lord Tedd, it's safe to assume that General Shade Tail pretended to fill the gap in Tedd life when Elliot/Ellen died and took advantage of Tedd's grief to manipulate him into using his Seer abilities,

Our Tedd has just guessed that Lord Tedd is the way he is because he doesn't keep the same friends he does, I'm wondering if he'll also conclude that maybe Elliot died in that universe which would then make him remember that an Immortal was trying to kill Elliot recently and then realize that it wasn't for craps and laughs, but to traumatize Tedd and make him go a certain way with his abilities.

We've already had Sarah guess at Adrian being Pandora's son, Tedd's really close to connecting some dots as well, lets make it a double! ;)

Seems like abit of a logical leep to me. Keep in mind that Tedd doesn't have all of the facts we do. One of them being that he is a character in a work of fiction and thus follows narrative convevention. In short it it is easy to make those connections from the outside looking in. From Tedd's position however it would probably be a huge leap in logic to get to that conclusion. That being said however it could get the ball rolling on him wanting to spend more time with his friends INCLUDING Grace AND Elliot. Who knows, with luck maybe they could fill in some of the missing pieces of the puzzle for him.

I have two thoughts concerning timing to share.

First, if I didn't mention it in the thread about Wednesday, Sister III has now begun its second year in our universe.

Second, back in the Beta universe, it's been more than nine months now since Beta Ellen suggested to Beta-Tedd that there were better ways to spend their time together while Beta-Edward was out of town. If Beta Tedd took her up on her suggestion...

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I have two thoughts concerning timing to share.

First, if I didn't mention it in the thread about Wednesday, Sister III has now begun its second year in our universe.

Second, back in the Beta universe, it's been more than nine months now since Beta Ellen suggested to Beta-Tedd that there were better ways to spend their time together while Beta-Edward was out of town. If Beta Tedd took her up on her suggestion...

Dirty boy

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

No, our Tedd is Lord Tedd's sister :)

Not all the time, but don't forget Tess over in AF04.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

maybe Lord Tedd is genderfluid as well?

Maybe we'll see. If they ever get together, our Tedd could give Lord Tedd some time as a girl. How about a pinup of Our Tedd showing Lord Tedd how to put on makeup?

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Hmmm ... as far as we know, our Tedd doesn't have sister, but DOES have brother.)

Maybe, according to not-Tengu. Curiously, Dan doesn't come out and say that Tedd has a sibling until the airborne chase has started, and even then he qualifies that with prefacing "Unless Not-Tengu is mistaken". And in that comment, Dan uses "sibling", not "brother."

In fact, what Not-Tengu says is "All of Noriko's family will die! Her ex-husband, her sister, her children... None will be spared!"

Well, if Not-Tengu is mistaken, all bets are off. Dan's left himself a hook to say later that Tedd doesn't have any siblings, and muddied up his tracks so we can't prove he's been trolling us.

And that's not the only ambiguity. "her sister, her children" could also be taken to mean "her sister and her sister's children."

And there may be a third hook in there. Not-Tengu doesn't specifially name anyone but Noriko. Ever think Noriko might have more than one ex-husband? That's a possibility that doesn't require magic; I've lost count of my sister's ex-husbands. Not Tengu doesn't name either Edward or Tedd. Now maybe this is just Dan being lazy about names since he didn't even bother to name Not-Tengu, went on not to name the grand prize winner in Squirrel Prophet, and still hasn't given a name to TC, the sleazy Ticket Clerk. But it can also mean, or be retconned into meaning, that Not-Tengu was afraid to take on Edward and even Tedd. 

And speaking of hooks for red herrings that Our Dan may have set, are we really sure that Dan's comment about not expecting to see Lord Tedd actually gettiing involved in any storyline soon really means Lord Tedd isn't going to show up in this storyline soon? Of course, "soon" in Dantime could mean anything from "the next comic" to "before Part 38: Jeremy Gets Lucky".

Pandora has quickly become the most compelling character in the whole comic. Naturally, this makes me incredibly worried that something terrible is going to happen to her...

21 minutes ago, animalia said:

Seems like abit of a logical leep to me. Keep in mind that Tedd doesn't have all of the facts we do. One of them being that he is a character in a work of fiction and thus follows narrative convevention. In short it it is easy to make those connections from the outside looking in. From Tedd's position however it would probably be a huge leap in logic to get to that conclusion. That being said however it could get the ball rolling on him wanting to spend more time with his friends INCLUDING Grace AND Elliot. Who knows, with luck maybe they could fill in some of the missing pieces of the puzzle for him.

It doesn't seem like that much of a leap to go from "Is he how I'd be without them?" to "I almost lost my best friend last week, how badly would I have taken it if Elliot did die?"

19 minutes ago, CNash said:

Pandora has quickly become the most compelling character in the whole comic. Naturally, this makes me incredibly worried that something terrible is going to happen to her...

You may be be right to be worried. I've already pointed out that Pandora putting off talking to her son until Saturday could be a classic setup to something very bad happening before then.

I hope that Pandora at least has time to realize that the happiest time she had in this life was when she lived as close as she could the life of an ordinary human with Blaike.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It doesn't seem like that much of a leap to go from "Is he how I'd be without them?" to "I almost lost my best friend last week, how badly would I have taken it if Elliot did die?"

Perhaps. Still Does Tedd have any reason to suspect people would want to traumatize him?

Just now, animalia said:

Perhaps. Still Does Tedd have any reason to suspect people would want to traumatize him?

Voltaire admitted that he tried to kill Elliot, but was quick to give up and even agreed (reluctantly) to vow to not harm Elliot again. I can't see Tedd not realizing that if Elliot's death might have made Tedd turn to the dark side, there might be other ways to push him in that direction. Take his reaction to learning about Magic being able to change it too many people could use it, then Elliot's pep talk about forcing Magic to compromise, heck, even before Voltaire showed up in the basement, Tedd seems pretty depressed about the idea that someone was trying to kill Elliot. These things gotta be adding up in his mind.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Voltaire admitted that he tried to kill Elliot, but was quick to give up and even agreed (reluctantly) to vow to not harm Elliot again. I can't see Tedd not realizing that if Elliot's death might have made Tedd turn to the dark side, there might be other ways to push him in that direction. Take his reaction to learning about Magic being able to change it too many people could use it, then Elliot's pep talk about forcing Magic to compromise, heck, even before Voltaire showed up in the basement, Tedd seems pretty depressed about the idea that someone was trying to kill Elliot. These things gotta be adding up in his mind.

Good point. There is enough evidence ti suggest that Voltaire might be trying to traumatize him. Though no evidence to suggest why. (By that I mean from Tedd's perspective) Still it is enough to START connecting the dots, if not enough to finish them.

25 minutes ago, animalia said:

Good point. There is enough evidence ti suggest that Voltaire might be trying to traumatize him. Though no evidence to suggest why. (By that I mean from Tedd's perspective) Still it is enough to START connecting the dots, if not enough to finish them.

Well yeah, even we have no clue what Voltaire's end goal is, but it that it does require a seer with a unique condition, despite the fact that there are other seers, Tedd was chosen for a reason, maybe of the other seers, Tedds the only one that's for now still eligible for the second purpose. Heka had stated that if Pandora's assessment of Tedd wasn't favorable, he'd have sabotaged Tedd's eligibility. So my guess is Lord Tedd was eligible for the second purpose and General Shade Tail is exploiting it. Voltaire might want to exploit it as well.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tedd seems pretty depressed about the idea that someone was trying to kill Elliot. These things gotta be adding up in his mind.

Yes, certainly more depressed or, perhaps more appropriately, scared that Lord Tedd was trying to kill him. If that is actually what Lord Tedd was up to.

If you look back in the two battles with the Goo, the Goo never attacked Tedd. That's kind of odd if the whole purpose of the Goo was to kill Tedd.

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well yeah, even we have no clue what Voltaire's end goal is...

Besides whatever Voltaire wants with Tedd, he's also targeting Pandora. The evidence is that he deliberately used an amulet on Dex that would suggest that Pandora was doing the manipulating, and he informed Sirleck that Adrian Raven was Pandora's son. So we have at least three clues, even if we don't know what they mean yet.

Well, maybe four. Remember Voltaire's rant about how frustrating the restrictions imposed on Immortal-human activities are? I think that tightening up restrictions on Immortals can be ruled out as a candidate for Voltaire's Better Future. Pandora can and has gone over the top, but she still does follow the restrictions and she's never complained about them. Dan made a point in the very first sequence of this storyline, Legacy, that Pandora was committed to responsibly resetting at the proper time until after Blaike was killed and she had Adrian to look after. He had Pandora explain and interpret Immortal law rigorously to the Emissary of Magic. And Dan reinforced Pandora's commitment to staying within the rules in a more light-hearted mannerin the NP storyline Marker where Pandora said the rules didn't prohibit her from trick-or-treating, and when Pandora didn't give a mark to Ashley.

I am now wondering how long Voltaire has been working on his plan. Could he have set up Blaike with the Undying Wolf in the first place?