• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday July 7, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=639

Bunny Susan seems like an appropriate side effect of Jerry's serenity spell. ;)

Makes sense that Ellen can't affect Grace's clothing with her current spells, but I bet Rhoda could, and Ellen could eventually get spells that let her target clothes or specific items, as it is, she's relying on her beams affecting the whole person.

A gangster Susan rabbit with a bent ear. Mesmerizing, to say the least.

Whenever someone asks me if I am 'this person', I just answer with a condescending "Maybe".

Ok, I guess this answers my questions about Ellen making clothes and other things grow and shrink with the spells.

There is some overlap between Rhoda's and Ellen's spells.  But Rhoda's are optimized for disguise and size change while Ellen has a broader field of transformations.

And while Bunny Susan is nice, I am still waiting to see Armadillo Susan.
http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=149

From the commentary... 

"None of this recolor your outfit nonsense. Let's get forms totally changing to use abilities, darn it!"

I swear I've seen that idea somewhere before, but I just can't put my finger on it. <_<

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Makes sense that Ellen can't affect Grace's clothing with her current spells, but I bet Rhoda could, and Ellen could eventually get spells that let her target clothes or specific items, as it is, she's relying on her beams affecting the whole person.

Quite likely even Rhoda can't target Grace and her clothing with single spell. She can obviously use multiple spells and target the clothes separately.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ok, I guess this answers my questions about Ellen making clothes and other things grow and shrink with the spells.

You mean this didn't?

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is some overlap between Rhoda's and Ellen's spells.  But Rhoda's are optimized for disguise and size change while Ellen has a broader field of transformations.

Rhoda is also S-class talent and quite good in resizing various body parts. I'm not sure if there is something Ellen can do and Rhoda not. Except flashlight, Rhoda certainly can't do that. :)

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Quite likely even Rhoda can't target Grace and her clothing with single spell. She can obviously use multiple spells and target the clothes separately.

This may be how Rhoda finds out Grace is part Alien?

Rhoda: "Why can't I transform your clothes with you?"

Grace: "Because Magic doesn't work the same on me."

Rhoda: "But it works one everyone else, how are you different?"

Grace: "That's uh....classified....hey, wanna watch MiB?"

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

This may be how Rhoda finds out Grace is part Alien?

Rhoda: "Why can't I transform your clothes with you?"

Grace: "Because Magic doesn't work the same on me."

Rhoda: "But it works one everyone else, how are you different?"

Grace: "Uh ... Mr. Verres can explain it much better than me."

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Rhoda is also S-class talent and quite good in resizing various body parts. I'm not sure if there is something Ellen can do and Rhoda not. Except flashlight, Rhoda certainly can't do that. :)

And sex change. (Granted, Ellen can only do it in one direction.)

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And sex change. (Granted, Ellen can only do it in one direction.)

46 minutes ago, mlooney said:

That we know of.

That "certainly" was joke, therefore the ":)". Of course with how little we know about Rhoda's magic, we can't be certain of anything. It is true that neither sex change nor flashlight would fit her affinity, however I suspect that disguise doesn't exactly fit her affinity either.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That "certainly" was joke, therefore the ":)". Of course with how little we know about Rhoda's magic, we can't be certain of anything. It is true that neither sex change nor flashlight would fit her affinity, however I suspect that disguise doesn't exactly fit her affinity either.

It doesn't have to fit her affinity, that mainly determines the initial spell a person gets when marked, and I imagine if someone learned magic the old fashioned way (as in trained for it) they might have gained different spells first then somewhere along the lines unlocked a spell based on their affinity.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It doesn't have to fit her affinity, that mainly determines the initial spell a person gets when marked, and I imagine if someone learned magic the old fashioned way (as in trained for it) they might have gained different spells first then somewhere along the lines unlocked a spell based on their affinity.

Agree - most likely the first spell you get is related to training, although you probably get something of your affinity quickly unless it's totally unrelated.

Rhoda didn't had any training and her mark spell matched her affinity, which makes very likely more spells will also be for affinity but eventually non-affinity spells based on what she needs will appear as well.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

In most circumstances, "that person looks exactly like {insert the person's name} but is a foot taller" would be an effective disguise.

Rhoda disagrees. It may be moderately effective when you are able to convincingly pretend you are someone else, but it's very ineffective if your strategy is to not attract attention of people knowing you at all.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, Don Edwards said:

In most circumstances, "that person looks exactly like {insert the person's name} but is a foot taller" would be an effective disguise.

I dunno. I think I would attract a lot of odd looks if I were seven feet four inches tall. And I would have even more trouble fitting in buses and metro trains than I already do.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I dunno. I think I would attract a lot of odd looks if I were seven feet four inches tall. And I would have even more trouble fitting in buses and metro trains than I already do.

Heidi (secret ID form) has proven the effectiveness of being loudly inconspicuous.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If you want to be unnoticed, dress as a Leprechaun in bright green satin with purple silk trim.  Loudly sing and cavort everywhere.  People will go out of their way to ignore you.

At that point, using a personal SEP field would be superfluous...

On 7/10/2017 at 2:23 AM, hkmaly said:

Rhoda disagrees. It may be moderately effective when you are able to convincingly pretend you are someone else, but it's very ineffective if your strategy is to not attract attention of people knowing you at all.

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Heidi (secret ID form) has proven the effectiveness of being loudly inconspicuous.

Heidi was also able to talk about Cheerleadra in third person without single slip thanks to magic enhancing Elliot's normally negative abilities to lie convincingly.

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well how about "that person looks exactly like {insert name} but is a foot shorter"?

Might not help you go unnoticed. Probably would help you go unidentified.