• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story - Monday July 10, 2017

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why do you think you were supposed to support Tedd when his mother left?

Great Godmother?

Personally, I find Sisko more sympathetic. But yeah revenge is not exactly good ... it may be justified and sometimes necessary but not good. The justice system is not about being good, it's just necessary.

Also note that I personally find less evil turning people into girls than killing them. Considering killing is definitive ...

And yes, Tedd is aware that he is good mainly due to Elliot. He was there sooner and after all, Grace might be good but she may not exactly know how it works, her moral compass is basically "don't be like Damien".

54 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Possibly because her son was why his mother left? That may not be true, but Adrian thinks so.

By now we know that Pandora counts Tedd as part of her family. Tedd doesn't know that yet. Will he find out in the next episode? Maybe, maybe not. Pandora has just brought up the most traumatic fact of Tedd's life. And he's liable to ask Pandora the same question PRT just asked us. How would Pandora answer?

At this point, Tedd does know that Grace's history teacher is really a bad-ass half-Immortal. But he doesn't know Pandora is Raven's mother, and there's no evidence that he knows that Mr. Raven is his godfather. It seems likely he did meet Mr. Raven when he was a small child before the breakup, but there's no indication that he remembers it, or at least that he connects Grace's history teacher with an old man he might have known only by some nickname.

I kind of think Dan isn't going to let Pandora explain more now, except maybe tell him her son is Tedd's godfather. Tedd can find out Mr. Raven is Pandora's son from Sarah in a few hours anyway (Moperville time, of course.).

34 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

It seems likely he did meet Mr. Raven when he was a small child before the breakup, but there's no indication that he remembers it, or at least that he connects Grace's history teacher with an old man he might have known only by some nickname.

Nickname? Obviously, back then, in Verres home Adrian was referred simply as ADRIAN. It may soon become plot point that Grace might not even know Mr. Raven's first name, and she certainly never used it. It would even make sense if PANDORA now referred to her son as Adrian, effectively telling Tedd who it is without making him connect it immediately.

37 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I kind of think Dan isn't going to let Pandora explain more now, except maybe tell him her son is Tedd's godfather. Tedd can find out Mr. Raven is Pandora's son from Sarah in a few hours anyway (Moperville time, of course.).

If Pandora just tells him her son is his godfather, he will have the same information as Sarah about him being Raven - namely, "hey isn't it suspicious we already know about one half-immortal around". They don't KNOW anything, they might just suspect and putting their informations together wouldn't confirm anything.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My guess is this is another hindsight situation like the "of course they were his!" statement. Maybe Pandora saw that there was something odd about Tedd when he was a baby, that the wand wasn't working right for a reason, but she might have been too absorbed at the time with staving off her boredom or teaching Adrian lessons about life or something that she didn't consider finding out what Tedd was back then and telling Edward and Noriko about it. I think if Pandora told them that Tedd was a Seer that could make highly custom wands out of any spell he saw, Noriko might have been satisfied that her son could potentially be powerful enough to follow the family tradition and stayed with Edward.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If Pandora just tells him her son is his godfather, he will have the same information as Sarah about him being Raven - namely, "hey isn't it suspicious we already know about one half-immortal around". They don't KNOW anything, they might just suspect and putting their informations together wouldn't confirm anything.

Pandora could just state that she's Tedd's Great Godmother without mentioning Adrian, and then at school Sarah tells Tedd that she thinks Mr Raven is Box's son, and Tedd would then connect that in order for Pandora to consider herself his Great Godmother Mr Raven would need to be his Godfather.

And I just realized, Sarah knows that Pandora lied to herself about something major and that it applied to her son, and she heard the "of course they were his!" statement, If she mentions that to Tedd and then Tedd mentions that to Grace then Grace can jump to the conclusion that the lie was about Elves not being able to have kids, and so Susan and Diane would have to be related to Adrian.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Great Godmother?

This.  Family is very important to Pandora.  She seems desperate for "family" to be important to her and to be important to them.

1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

This.  Family is very important to Pandora.  She seems desperate for "family" to be important to her and to be important to them.

Family is why she stayed around.  To always be there for Raven.  Now, her family has expanded.  She is owning up to having some responsibility for Tedd.  And if our speculation is correct, and Raven has fathered children, then her family has really expanded.

Is this why Immortals lied to themselves about half-immortals not being able to have children?  Too many Immortals sticking about for family and slowly going insane? "Oh do be careful around Uncle Fred, he is a prankster, that one. Can't say how funny it was to realize my chickens were laying hen grenades, yeah, funny.  And for goodness sake, don't mention aardvarks anywhere in listening distance to him.  <shudder>  You know what, best not to mention the double a word at all."

1 minute ago, Tuscahoma said:

Family is why she stayed around.  To always be there for Raven.  Now, her family has expanded.  She is owning up to having some responsibility for Tedd.  And if our speculation is correct, and Raven has fathered children, then her family has really expanded.

Is this why Immortals lied to themselves about half-immortals not being able to have children?  Too many Immortals sticking about for family and slowly going insane? "Oh do be careful around Uncle Fred, he is a prankster, that one. Can't say how funny it was to realize my chickens were laying hen grenades, yeah, funny.  And for goodness sake, don't mention aardvarks anywhere in listening distance to him.  <shudder>  You know what, best not to mention the double a word at all."

Then we talk about Immortals like Voltaire.  Assuming he isn't old and somewhat unbalanced now, if/when he gets that way he won't just be a trickster as Pandora is.

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Possibly because her son was why his mother left? That may not be true, but Adrian thinks so.

By now we know that Pandora counts Tedd as part of her family. Tedd doesn't know that yet. Will he find out in the next episode? Maybe, maybe not. Pandora has just brought up the most traumatic fact of Tedd's life. And he's liable to ask Pandora the same question PRT just asked us. How would Pandora answer?

At this point, Tedd does know that Grace's history teacher is really a bad-ass half-Immortal. But he doesn't know Pandora is Raven's mother, and there's no evidence that he knows that Mr. Raven is his godfather. It seems likely he did meet Mr. Raven when he was a small child before the breakup, but there's no indication that he remembers it, or at least that he connects Grace's history teacher with an old man he might have known only by some nickname.

Yeah, this opens a whole kettle of fish.  Depending on how much she reveals, I guess we get to see if Ted is really a bomb waiting to go off or to turn mute again.  Honestly, I think he needs this information to put some demons to rest, but Pandora is going to have her hands full trying to tell Tedd without upsetting him.  I wonder, will she call in a friend, like Sarah or her practically-great-goddaughter Grace for help?  Or will the next comic cut to Susan and Diane meeting?  Who knows?

56 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Or will the next comic cut to Susan and Diane meeting?  Who knows?

No.  The next comic cut will be to Salty Crackers on a dead afternoon where Justin, Greg, George, Dex, and Tesaided will be watching a subtitled Portuguese fan original Lucky Bunny Bounty Cos-Play home video.

If I happen to be right, could somebody drop by Manatee County, Florida to sweep up the pieces of my blown mind?

2 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Or will the next comic cut to Susan and Diane meeting?  Who knows?

The current conversation is like very early Friday morning, like probably not long after midnight or so. There's still potential for some scenes of people waking up, getting ready for school/work, some scenes at school/work, and some after school/work scenes before we hit the Mall again for Susan and Diane. There's also a Sarah and Sam scene to be had as well.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

No.  The next comic cut will be to Salty Crackers on a dead afternoon where Justin, Greg, George, Dex, and Tesaided will be watching a subtitled Portuguese fan original Lucky Bunny Bounty Cos-Play home video.

If I happen to be right, could somebody drop by Manatee County, Florida to sweep up the pieces of my blown mind?

Don't Push The Dan.  

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe Pandora saw that there was something odd about Tedd when he was a baby, that the wand wasn't working right for a reason, but she might have been too absorbed at the time with staving off her boredom or teaching Adrian lessons about life or something that she didn't consider finding out what Tedd was back then and telling Edward and Noriko about it. I think if Pandora told them that Tedd was a Seer that could make highly custom wands out of any spell he saw, Noriko might have been satisfied that her son could potentially be powerful enough to follow the family tradition and stayed with Edward.

Pandora might not even really look at Tedd at that time, but yes she only needed to look to recognize there is something unusual about him. So yes, if she would be there BEFORE Noriko left she might actually PREVENT Noriko leaving ...

3 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:
3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Is this why Immortals lied to themselves about half-immortals not being able to have children?  Too many Immortals sticking about for family and slowly going insane?

Or going insane(r) quickly and take their family with them.

3 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Yeah, this opens a whole kettle of fish.  Depending on how much she reveals, I guess we get to see if Ted is really a bomb waiting to go off or to turn mute again.  Honestly, I think he needs this information to put some demons to rest, but Pandora is going to have her hands full trying to tell Tedd without upsetting him.  I wonder, will she call in a friend, like Sarah or her practically-great-goddaughter Grace for help?  Or will the next comic cut to Susan and Diane meeting?  Who knows?

Right. Pandora with her limited understanding of humans is not the best person to defuse Tedd ... she has the best intentions and I don't think Edward's strategy of not talking about it forever is good, but it needs to be done carefully ...

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Right. Pandora with her limited understanding of humans is not the best person to defuse Tedd ... she has the best intentions and I don't think Edward's strategy of not talking about it forever is good, but it needs to be done carefully ...

Edward believed that keeping the truth of why Noriko left from Tedd was to prevent him from going back to being the near mute he was years ago. While it isn't the best choice to make that has the potential to backfire should the subject come up at the wrong time or with the wrong interpretation like Tedd thinking it was his fault Noriko left, that he didn't meet her expectations, one can't really fault Edward for doing so since he was trying to do what he felt was best.

I want to believe that if Pandora does mention why Noriko left, the best way would be to say that it wasn't Tedd's fault, Edward and Noriko didn't know that Tedd was a Seer and it was that lack of knowledge that made them make rash decisions. How Adrian fits into it is still really unknown as the only flashback we saw was Adrian trying to keep the family together, and yet Adrian blames himself for the marriage failling, there had to be more to it than just Noriko taking Adrian's teachings more seriously than Edward did.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

How Adrian fits into it is still really unknown as the only flashback we saw was Adrian trying to keep the family together, and yet Adrian blames himself for the marriage failling, there had to be more to it than just Noriko taking Adrian's teachings more seriously than Edward did.

Adrian is totally the kind of person who would blame himself because he tried to taught her two things and she understood one of them better.

Although the formulation "why there was no chance of reconciliation" sounds like there is something more to it. Possibly his next attempt to keep the family together backfired horribly.