• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday July 14, 2017

2 hours ago, animalia said:

It's times like this I wish Dan read the forums. I'd tweet him our idea about Pandora but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get it, as he seems to be blocking tweets from people he's not familiar with.

He's not blocking people that broadly, he's responded to my tweets on a few occasions, not all the time though. He has made it a point to not respond to people while he's working on comic related stuff so you pretty much have to figure out when the best time to tweet at him is.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

He's not blocking people that broadly, he's responded to my tweets on a few occasions, not all the time though. He has made it a point to not respond to people while he's working on comic related stuff so you pretty much have to figure out when the best time to tweet at him is.

How would I even begin to do that?

1 hour ago, animalia said:

How would I even begin to do that?

Wait until he's tweeting about a video game? Alternatively, theres the other forum - that being the group on Facebook. 

I wonder who Tedd's other Godfather and who his Godmother is?  You normally get two Godparents of your sex and one of the other.

21 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I wonder who Tedd's other Godfather and who his Godmother is?  You normally get two Godparents of your sex and one of the other.

News to me, and I went to a Catholic high school and a Jesuit college.

Except for the possibly divine nature of guardian spells and Nioi believing in souls and reincarnation, I don't think religion has really been a part of EGS. I doubt it ever will be. How does Pandora see godparency anyway? Not spelled out for us, is it?

59 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Might be a Church of England / Anglican thing. 

From Here:

Traditionally a Christian child has three godparents in total; girls have two godmothers and one godfather and boys have two godfathers and one godmother.

51 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Except for the possibly divine nature of guardian spells and Nioi believing in souls and reincarnation, I don't think religion has really been a part of EGS. I doubt it ever will be. How does Pandora see godparency anyway? Not spelled out for us, is it?

That, and Ellen's occasional semi-agnostic prayer.

Oh and an occasional mention that might offend some religious folk - for example...

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

I love the way Ellen's face and hair morphs into Nanase's over the four panels of that semi-agnostic prayer.

That is a good effect.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:54 PM, Tuscahoma said:

Yeah, this part.  Travel agent.  And never visiting because it's too expensive to visit, even for Christmas.  Okay, if someone was keeping her from visiting, like Edward, she might get a pass, but honestly, I don't see Edward doing that.  Seriously, never visiting your firstborn child and your cover career is travel agent.  This had to seriously eat at Tedd when he was old enough to suspect.  ARRGH!  As a parent, I just want to give Tedd a hug and give Noriko a good baleful glare.  Double-ARRGH!

I seriously suspect Pandora does know what the falling out was and probably knows exactly why Tedd's mom left.  Does she know about Noriko's other child(ren).  Probably.  Will she utilize her Immortal Power of Recappery and Exposition to bring Tedd up to speed with what could be the most painful revelations yet?  I dunno, would Blaike recommend ripping the band-aid off all at once?  And after all this, will Pandora be able to give Tedd a hug (doesn't seem like that is part of her palette of Immortal Powers, but maybe, being a quick learner, she'll give a Sarah hug to Tedd).

I currently hate Noriko so much right now. It's possible that there is more to the story than we know and that  once it is revealed Noriko will be more sympathetic, but in the meantime. Abandoning a child, not because you were unable to care for it, but it because it didn't measure up to your standards. Right now the only way the story could make me hate Noriko more is if, upon learning Tedd is a seer she changed her mind and come running back to him because all of a sudden he's "special." Until proven otherwise I am firmly of the opinion that Noriko does NOT deserve Tedd. And I want Tedd to realize that he's better off without her. 

On that note does anybody want to join the Hugs For Tedd And Bitch-Slaps For Noriko Foundation I am starting? Hang on that name needs to be shortened. How about HFTABSFN Foundation? Hmm, needs work.

3 minutes ago, animalia said:

On that note does anybody want to join the Hugs For Tedd And Bitch-Slaps For Noriko Foundation I am starting?

I kind of think Dan isn't going to dump on Noriko. Here's something to consider: Unless Not-Tengu is wrong, Noriko has at least one other child, and that could have a lot to do with why she's been so absent from Tedd's life.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I kind of think Dan isn't going to dump on Noriko. Here's something to consider: Unless Not-Tengu is wrong, Noriko has at least one other child, and that could have a lot to do with why she's been so absent from Tedd's life.

That's one way to read it, another way to read it is she left Tedd because he wasn't good enough, then went on to have a child who was good enough. (In her mind at least) That being said I am completely open to the possibility that the as the story progresses we will come to sympathize with Noriko. This is simply how I feel about her at PRESENT.

2 hours ago, animalia said:

That's one way to read it, another way to read it is she left Tedd because he wasn't good enough, then went on to have a child who was good enough. (In her mind at least) That being said I am completely open to the possibility that the as the story progresses we will come to sympathize with Noriko. This is simply how I feel about her at PRESENT.

Frankly, this is more or less how I feel about her, too. Again, at present.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Frankly, this is more or less how I feel about her, too. Again, at present.

Want to join the HFTABSFN Foundation then?

* said Foundation will be closed if future events change prespective of Noriko.

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So if the consensus opinion of Noriko improves, we can't give Tedd hugs anymore?

We can, we just won't bitch-slap Noriko anymore.

6 hours ago, animalia said:

That's been pretty much my take, as well. It also explains why Raven feels so guilty about it.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:15 AM, Tom Sewell said:
On 7/15/2017 at 3:42 AM, hkmaly said:

I don't think Blaike knew what a band-aid is. Actually, Band-Aid was invented in 1920, so he definitely didn't.

Band-aids are supposed to have been invented by a man who married a woman who was always cutting her fingers in the kitchen. I guess he never figured out she was cutting herself in hopes he'd offer to try his own hand in the kitchen.

... as if he wouldn't need band-aids then.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:09 AM, animalia said:
On 7/15/2017 at 3:52 AM, hkmaly said:

That's much worse problems than inability to draw well. If you want to make webcomics, I mean.

That's why for now I am mainly focusing on a campaign comic.(Do you know what that means or do you need a definition) Since that allows me to use screencaps from anime to tell my story, I can use my limited knowledge of photoshop to do the job. Even so I often have problems.

There are people capable of making story with lego figures. Maybe you can get somewhere with combining photographs of action figures and drawn background?

On 7/15/2017 at 4:09 AM, animalia said:

And I am currently having hold-ups trying to figure out weather or not I need to edit and reupload the latest page do to difficulties that occurred when I resized the image in order to make it fit the hosts recommended maximum image size that made it hard for one guest to read the text.

Remember that your hosting doesn't care if people can read the comics. Unless it's specific hosting for comics, their recommendation doesn't apply to you. Also, try to experiment with formats and their compression settings before making images smaller.

13 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

That, and Ellen's occasional semi-agnostic prayer.

Oh and an occasional mention that might offend some religious folk - for example...

Dan tries hard to offend as little people as possible with how is religion depicted in his comics. That basically means never speaking about it.

7 hours ago, animalia said:

Right now the only way the story could make me hate Noriko more is if, upon learning Tedd is a seer she changed her mind and come running back to him because all of a sudden he's "special."

Does the fact she might need to come back to re-learn her magic after reset counts?

7 hours ago, animalia said:

On that note does anybody want to join the Hugs For Tedd And Bitch-Slaps For Noriko Foundation I am starting?

If Noriko is as bad as you think, bitch-slapping her can get you killed.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Another point in favor of withholding judgement, or at least keeping it to yourself.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Given that it is fantasy that gives us the power to hug Tedd, it is also fantasy that gives us the power to bitch-slap Noriko. And since it is fantasy we can do so without reprecussion

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Fantasy can bite you in your reality when you least expect it.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

6 hours ago, animalia said:

Given that it is fantasy that gives us the power to hug Tedd

What do you mean - fantasy? (* Turning around from big partially done scheme labeled 'Project "Hug Tedd" - Interdimensional gate' *)

On 7/15/2017 at 3:08 AM, animalia said:

It's times like this I wish Dan read the forums. I'd tweet him our idea about Pandora but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get it, as he seems to be blocking tweets from people he's not familiar with.

He wouldn't want our ideas for many and varied reasons, most of them legal.