• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 7/15/17 - Peerless Leader

ComicNumber677.png

It seems that B.O.N.N.I.E. has pointed out a flaw in Belt Boy's logic, but whether or not her comment will sink in has yet to be seen. Watch the angst, BB - you don't wanna go all "typical DC movie" on us!*

After some computer hardware repairs, lots of predicted lightning storms, and me being exhausted, today's comic almost didn't get uploaded on time. I was tempted to go for another filler - I was thinking of having Belt Boy or TM follow up on Wednesday's Net Neutrality message in a filler featuring a parody song, turning Walk the Moon's "Shut Up and Dance" into a song about Net Neutrality. The phrase "Net Neutrality" fits into the song pretty easily. But I decided against it; I've been doing very few fillers in the past year or so, but I broke my streak a few times in April/May, and I wanted to stay on track. So, I kept Wednesday's message up and put this week's comic beneath it.

Still, with all those delays, I did most of this week's comic in one night. It's nearly 5AM as I'm writing this, so I hope you appreciate my dedication to getting my comic updated on time with a proper canonical comic!

Fight scenes are still a bit tricky for me, but I'm pretty happy with BB's poses in panels 2 and 4. I really wanted to make him look like he could use his own fighting skills AND his gadgets at the same time, rather than relying too heavily on one or the other, or switching between the two.

Back to Belt Boy's angst that I referenced in the first paragraph, but putting jokes aside... I don't think of Belt Boy as a particularly "angsty" character. But I do think of my comic as being like a Saturday morning cartoon, and even funny cartoon heroes can have a breaking point, or moments of seriousness between the laughs. This is particularly true in today's cartoons, where Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and even Gumball can have dramatic, poignant moments. Similarly, BB's been a bit less of a goofball since Necros appeared. Don't worry, though; he'll be back to joking and being zany soon enough.

*Not Wonder Woman, of course. That movie rocked. :-)