• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story, Monday July 17, 2017

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She is being paid in unimaginable power. She already got multiple watches from it. Of course, they have limited resell value ...

She technically also got paid by Pandora for being Tedd's friend. Tedd and Sarah certainly became closer after she started helping him with his experiments, and I'm pretty certain Pandora noticed.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

His allowance MIGHT been classified as salary in DGB's records :)

Not entirely sure that's the case, But! If Edward was hoping that Tedd would join him at the FBI, he'd be ok with letting Tedd do his research despite Tedd's habits, as it may be useful in the field.

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... if they noticed, why didn't they excused her from school? We don't know how long the incident took ; maybe they didn't noticed.

That's a good question, I would think that since the incident obviously took place at Tedd's, it would have to happen after school rather than in the morning. I'm guessing Sarah had to stay overnight and Edward may have had to call her parents with an excuse for Sarah staying overnight...

54 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Like Nanase's mom, they might be pretending they don't know what's really going on.

Or this.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... if they noticed, why didn't they excused her from school? We don't know how long the incident took ; maybe they didn't noticed.

That's a good question, I would think that since the incident obviously took place at Tedd's, it would have to happen after school rather than in the morning. I'm guessing Sarah had to stay overnight and Edward may have had to call her parents with an excuse for Sarah staying overnight...

Again, they could excuse her from school then.

While normal people go to school immediately after waking up, it's possible Tedd and Sarah were supposed to go to school together with Sarah picking up Tedd (because Tedd lives closer) and they had enough time before school Tedd could transformed her.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She is being paid in unimaginable power. She already got multiple watches from it. Of course, they have limited resell value ...

She technically also got paid by Pandora for being Tedd's friend. Tedd and Sarah certainly became closer after she started helping him with his experiments, and I'm pretty certain Pandora noticed.

That's bonus she had no idea of when started working with him ... but yes, it's possible Pandora noticed Sarah more because of the assistant job ...

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

While normal people go to school immediately after waking up, it's possible Tedd and Sarah were supposed to go to school together with Sarah picking up Tedd (because Tedd lives closer) and they had enough time before school Tedd could transformed her.

While we know Sarah has a drivers license, it's safe to assume she's limited to her parent's car and so I don't believe she'd be able to use it to drive to school, more often than not it's been assumed that she either takes the bus, or Susan picks her up, and considering the time frame of The Incident, I don't think Susan would have been willing to stop by Tedd's in the morning.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

While we know Sarah has a drivers license, it's safe to assume she's limited to her parent's car and so I don't believe she'd be able to use it to drive to school, more often than not it's been assumed that she either takes the bus, or Susan picks her up, and considering the time frame of The Incident, I don't think Susan would have been willing to stop by Tedd's in the morning.

Not even because of school project?

Also, they might be living close.

(Although I must say that the general idea of not being able to get anywhere without car is hard for me to understand, especially combined with people too young to drive or not having own car.)

I repeat: if Sarah's parent knew, it would be SIMPLE and LOGICAL for them to call school and reported her as sick. Only explanation why they didn't is that they didn't know, or at least didn't know soon enough. So, either Sarah and Tedd met on morning, or the sleepover was arranged before the accident.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not even because of school project?

Also, they might be living close.

Elliot and Sarah live close enough to have grown up together.  Elliot and Tedd live close enough to be best friends.  It's not unreasonable to think they can get to each others' homes easily.

(Although I must say that the general idea of not being able to get anywhere without car is hard for me to understand, especially combined with people too young to drive or not having own car.)

I didn't get a car until my third year of vet school, when I started to be on-call at all hours.  Before that, I walked, biked, or took a bus most of the time, and borrowed the parental car or got dropped off the rest of the time.  Being a college town, my hometown had plenty of all these options, including some excellent bike paths and lanes.  The suburbs, however, don't seem to be nearly as friendly a place for those without a car, by choice or by lack of funds/ability/etc.  There aren't very many bike paths or lanes, and drivers don't really respect the lanes unless they're protected.  There don't seem to be many local-travel bus routes, most of them going on long paths between suburbs on main roads.  Things are too spread ot to walk unless you have a lot of time.  It was quite a noticable difference to me, too.

Naper, er, Moperville may be a big enough city to have more of its own bus routes, though, and I haven't really looked to see if there are more bike lanes or paths there.

15 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

There aren't very many bike paths or lanes, and drivers don't really respect the lanes unless they're protected. 

The differences between cultures. Copenhagen is brim full of bicyclists and on my bad days I am convinced that half of them are complete idiots. Many bicyclists will run red lights, cut across traffic and generally make a huge nuisance of themselves in their confident assurance that car drivers will hit the brakes in order to not run them down. I have no such assurances, and while the legal advantage will often lie with the bicyclist, I have a different kind of law in mind. To wit, Newton's laws of motion.

I am precariously balanced on my bicycle as I glide through traffic. Together, I, my bag and my bicycle weigh perhaps something like 250 lbs. I drive at a speed of, say, 12 mph. Now I happen to encounter a car going in the opposite direction. The car is going at a modest 35 mph. With driver and occupants included, it weighs around 2000 lbs. The people inside the car are seated inside a well-balanced metal box that has contact with the ground in four different spots. They are presumably fastened to their seats with seat belts to further improve their safety and the metal box has various means of absorbing and distributing the energy of potential impacts so these will be less likely to harm the occupants.

The two above parties now run into one another frontally. Exercise for the class: which side is the most likely to come out second best in this collision?

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Copenhagen is brim full of bicyclists and on my bad days I am convinced that half of them are complete idiots.

In most cities where I've seen a lot of bicyclists, that would be a GOOD day. On bad days it's more like 99%.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

In most cities where I've seen a lot of bicyclists, that would be a GOOD day. On bad days it's more like 99%.

I'm a bicyclist and I approve of this statement.

Sometimes I'm even one of them. 

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The differences between cultures. Copenhagen is brim full of bicyclists and on my bad days I am convinced that half of them are complete idiots. Many bicyclists will run red lights, cut across traffic and generally make a huge nuisance of themselves in their confident assurance that car drivers will hit the brakes in order to not run them down. I have no such assurances, and while the legal advantage will often lie with the bicyclist, I have a different kind of law in mind. To wit, Newton's laws of motion.

So..cyclists over there are mostly like automobile drivers over here then.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I have no such assurances, and while the legal advantage will often lie with the bicyclist, I have a different kind of law in mind. To wit, Newton's laws of motion.

We have a special exception in law saying that pedestrians on crossing have NOT precedence over streetcars/trams. It's because unlike cars, which can hit the brakes and stop on several meters, streetcars would by able to stop so quickly only by hitting another streetcar positioned perpendicularly. For some reasons, lot of people have problems remembering that part of the law. Although the numbers of such people are declining.

On 17/07/2017 at 11:44 PM, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure why you think Sarah would be better than Grace for helping him. In any case, Grace is MUCH CLOSER and her parents wouldn't object to her going to hug a boy in middle of night (because they are all dead).

Sarah is a friend to them both. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pandora hasn't actually met Grace - interfering with her dreams doesn't really count. We lean on our friends for support.

1 minute ago, CNash said:

Sarah is a friend to them both. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pandora hasn't actually met Grace - interfering with her dreams doesn't really count. We lean on our friends for support.

Pandora hasn't met face to face with Grace, but she knows about Grace and how she's been with Tedd, so much so that she considered Grace and Tedd practically married.

I doubt Pandora ever intended on doing anything to Grace, but was just being overly dramatic about needing to find out who was contacting Grace in her dreams.