• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Wednesday July 19, 2017

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think this proves that even Fairies can be Human. At least emotionally.

Pandora did try to have Magus get Edward to kill Abraham.

Forgot about that.

On a different Elliot note I want to point out that he is developing in a    way that his unpredictably can surprise EVEN ELLEN. All while still feeling completely in character. I don't know about anyone else but I like this.

18 hours ago, animalia said:
20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Forgot about that.

Seconding that.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
18 hours ago, animalia said:
21 hours ago, Scotty said:

Forgot about that.

Seconding that.

Now that I think of it, I should point out that in Pandora's case the situation could be different, as Abraham was either responsible for, or simply reminded Pandora of Blaike's death because Abraham's incompetence created the unwaking wolf. Her reasons for wanting to kill was on a personal and emotional level. Voltaire's reasons seems to be more sinister, trying to push an agenda.

15 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Also at least some "vampires" kinda-maybe count as people, and it seems most immortals want them dead.

No, aberrations don't count as people and everyone wants them dead.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No, aberrations don't count as people and everyone wants them dead.

Anyone who consciously and deliberately decides to reduce other humans to objects forfeit part of their own humanity. Aberrations have done this to all other humans and have thus forfeited all of it.

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora attempted to manipulate Magus and Edward into killing Abraham for petty vengeance.

Voltaire attempted to manipulate Tara into killing Elliot as part of a sinister plot.

Which is really worse?

If we consider Pandora and Voltaire as "the protagonists of their own stories," then it comes down to the strength of their motivations and not the means/crimes they commit. In this case, Voltaire is most likely trying to alter the way the world/his species works without regard for the consequences for his own benefit, with lip service about oppression of immortals. Pandora, on the other hand, tried to satisfy anger/achieve vengeance/protect son - also without regard for consequences or the consent of those her actions would 'benefit' and lip service. They both did horrible things for their own benefit... so I'd say they're about equal in horribleness. Maybe Voltaire is being set up as the end product of Pandora, or they're meant to be opposing manifestations of chaos?

21 hours ago, spyrkle10 said:

Maybe Voltaire is being set up as the end product of Pandora, or they're meant to be opposing manifestations of chaos?

Maybe Voltaire is meant to be manifestation of Order? (He doesn't necessary be GOOD in it. Pandora is nowhere near as chaotic as she claims.)

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe Voltaire is meant to be manifestation of Order? (He doesn't necessary be GOOD in it. Pandora is nowhere near as chaotic as she claims.)

Pandora and Voltaire are current personifications of Eris and Greyface?

https://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/49.php

Don't open if you're at work, near children, or with the hopelessly clueless

On 7/21/2017 at 10:02 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora attempted to manipulate Magus and Edward into killing Abraham for petty vengeance.

Voltaire attempted to manipulate Tara into killing Elliot as part of a sinister plot.

Which is really worse?

Breaking down what we know of their motivations, I would say Voltaire is worse. Both actions are bad, but Voltaire is worse.

Pandora attempted an unethical act in order to right a perceived wrong against her family. Simple anger and vengeance. Not an acceptable course of action and one that seeks reparations out of proportion to the crime, but a course of action that people can sympathize with and even takes a special place in our pop culture (the likes of Batman and the Punisher have a strong thread about vengeance)

Voltaire, on the other hand, attempted an unethical act to setup his plan to allow him to do more unethical acts (why does he want the heavy restrictions gone? I seriously doubt it's to help the poor and unfortunate). Especially considering the purpose of his unethical act was to deliberately cause pain and suffering in others (Pandora's act would have caused pain and suffering in others, but that would have been collateral instead of intent) He wasn't just willing to accept that his actions would lead to sorrow and suffering, he acted with the intent to cause it.