• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Story: 2016, April 4th (Monday)

We were wondering if Elliot would have access to other features on his cellphone when in that form, this is a definite yes.

I'm guessing to take pictures, Elliot would just need to blink while having the intent of saving an image to memory.

Also, this should be a good indication that Elliot should be able to call Ashley or Ellen instead of waiting for them to call.

Congratulations Elliot. You're now a magi-cyborg. Get a better smartphone, fool! You now can watch Youtube videos and read internet forum threads directly via your body while superheroing.

On second thought, let's not read internet forum threads, they are a silly place.

He just has to make sure he has his phone on him whenever he transforms, I guess.

Does this also mean he could start his car just by thinking about it, provided he had his keys? The possibilities are endless.

Also, Dan's commentary immediately made me think of Louis C.K.'s routine, "Everything is amazing and nobody's happy." (Might be NSFW, depending on how your boss feels about certain words, and about you watching YouTube videos when you're supposed to be working.)

Seriously though, language. Don't watch it if that's going to bother you.

I'd bet against his being able to drive with the car keys absorbed into his body. The ignition switch in his car has a mechanical component - you have to physically move things around, and the shape of the key sets cams to the point where that's possible.

Most smartphones are purely electronic devices. The few physical switches are momentary-contact things that don't DO something, they just ASK THE SOFTWARE to do something. (Which is why each of them can do several different things depending on context - the software has to decide what that button-push means right now.) In most cases there are other ways to ask the software to do the same thing - the most common exception being "turn on".

I'm kind of curious what sort of battery life Elliot gets in this condition...

Also, here's another reason he needs to develop a masculinized-female form that looks exactly like him. Get up in the morning, put on a garment that can hold his phone, put phone in garment, transform into the masculinized-female form naked, get dressed, go do something where he's rewarded for knowledge rather than judgment or planning (such as a TV quiz show)...

Reading it again, I think the funniest thing about this strip is not that this works, but that it occurred to Nanase to try it in the first place.

28 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I'd bet against his being able to drive with the car keys absorbed into his body. The ignition switch in his car has a mechanical component - you have to physically move things around, and the shape of the key sets cams to the point where that's possible.

At the very least he could lock and unlock the door remotely as Cheerleadra, also he could get a remote starter installed. Considering at this moment Ellen has his keys, it wouldn't be of any use anyway.:)

8 minutes ago, Stormtalon42 said:

I'm betting that one Sidney Scoville would love to be able to abs-orb her powers like that....

That pun was... magnificent.

...And I'm finally back on the forums.  I'll have an avatar once more when I decide what to have.

If Elliot can take pictures, he can take video.  Are pictures and video saved to his physical phone?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I absolutely love it. Also, it is now confirmed: Elliot has a HUD. It should therefore be possible for him to play Angry Birds while in superhero shape.

That's before we talk about DOSBox' having been ported to mobile,  He could play Doom or Master of Orion.  And that's just for starters.

IIRC there's a Minecraft port to android/iOS as well...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

At the very least he could lock and unlock the door remotely as Cheerleadra, also he could get a remote starter installed. Considering at this moment Ellen has his keys, it wouldn't be of any use anyway.:)

It depends, of course. Maybe Elliot could unlock the car by making the car key appear out of a pouch in his body.

Like Reynard from Gunnerkrigg using lockpicks

It only works for Reynard because he's a spirit inhabiting a stuffed toy. Elliot doing the same thing would be rather disturbing.

I'd be more inclined to think that Elliot could just make an object that was in his pockets appear in his hand similar to Susan summoning items from her storage chest.

Will he be able to use this to cheat on tests

25 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

If Elliot can take pictures, he can take video.  Are pictures and video saved to his physical phone?

This is way too many teenage boys dreams come true, to be able to infiltrate and record the goings on of the female washrooms. 

Elliot better get to reading his magic skill book as soon as he gets home...

I wonder if he can take pictures and record videos too...

Fortunately, Elliot is too noble to do that without feeling guilty about it.

The interesting thing about the cell phone abilities is not so much that Elliot has them, but rather that apparently he needs no training in order to be able to employ them--there weren't any failed attempts while Elliot tried to figure out how to use the map function, for example.