• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday July 21, 2017

On hindsight, making Copy and Scan work differently is easiest way to close the infinity repeat loophole. And with magic trolling Ellen with white hair, it's completely possible this is the in-story reason why it doesn't work as well, despite the similarities of those two spells.

Would be interesting if Tedd can look at those two spells and make Scan which doesn't have this limit. I mean, Tedd is supposed to be able to modify spells, it would be very hard to explain why he can't do this ...

BTW, WHY did Dan spend time drawing the wings in new style just for this expla - wait. We will see more guardian form Nanase in main story soon, right?

Also, WHO in story will be hiding who they are under transformation? Rhoda again?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Would be interesting if Tedd can look at those two spells and make Scan which doesn't have this limit. I mean, Tedd is supposed to be able to modify spells, it would be very hard to explain why he can't do this ...

Considering Pandora said Tedd can bend worlds to his will, it's probably possible for him to be able to mix and match spells like Grace and mix and match forms. In fact the similarities there are uncanny, Grace gains new morphs when she gets zapped with the TFG, Tedd learns new spells by seeing someone cast them.

Another reason that they're perfect for each other.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, WHY did Dan spend time drawing the wings in new style just for this expla - wait. We will see more guardian form Nanase in main story soon, right?

Hmm, I dunno, I mean yeah we have the "Raining Hell on Moperville" thing that seems like it would need a Guardian form at some point. But considering there's likely to be many vampires involved, I don't think the Guardian form would be useful, especially if the ambient energy in the area runs out before their all dealt with. I really depends on the situation.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, WHO in story will be hiding who they are under transformation? Rhoda again?

Rhoda, Tedd, Elliot, Grace had hid her identity from Ellen as kind of a prank.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

But I thought Ellen did copy Nanase's default, human form, thus gaining access to her spells, and then cast the Guardian Form spell.

That's not how it could work. But I agree that it seemed like she's copying her normal form at start ... except the guardian form don't really change how you look, it only raises brightness and that may already count as ability.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

But I thought Ellen did copy Nanase's default, human form, thus gaining access to her spells, and then cast the Guardian Form spell.

That's not how it could work. But I agree that it seemed like she's copying her normal form at start ... except the guardian form don't really change how you look, it only raises brightness and that may already count as ability.

Yeah, the sequence is Ellen transforming into non Guardian Nanase over panels 2,3 and 4 first and then and then the 5th panel VWSHed into Guardian form.

Considering the Guardian form might have been divine intervention (or WoM flair for the dramatic) how she copied it might differ from how she copies other people.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering the Guardian form might have been divine intervention (or WoM flair for the dramatic) how she copied it might differ from how she copies other people.

Considering she normally CANT copy abilities it must differ at least little.

This still doesn't tell us exactly who or what must give permission for Nanase to use her Guardian form.  Or for Ellen to copy that form.

If divine intervention is really necessary, I would guess this is the work of The Gods of Curling.

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This still doesn't tell us exactly who or what must give permission for Nanase to use her Guardian form.  Or for Ellen to copy that form.

Sigh ... you still didn't get it?

Are you Christian? Then it must be Christian God, obviously.

Are you Jew? The it must be יהוה, obviously.

Are you Muslim? Then it must be Allah, obviously.

Are you Hinduist? Then ... ok, actually I'm not sure about this one.

Are you atheist? Will of Magic and her flair for the dramatic, obviously.

Are you agnostics? We will never know.

DAN WILL NEVER SAY ANYTHING CLOSER OUT OF FEAR OF ANGERING PART OF READERS.

PS: Of course, in your case it will be Horus. Unless it's obviously Ra. :)

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

You left out BOB, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and about a hundred other deities. ;)

Yes. I didn't meant it as complete list but I failed to indicate it.