• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday July 26, 2017

14 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I'm not so certain.  The people who created Grace and Vladia didn't use a TFG on them to stabilize their transformations.  Either they didn't know about the effect it would have, or they didn't have access to a CMD to use on them.  The group that made General Shade Tail may have had similar limitations; whoever had a CMD available may have chosen to take it off-planet or destroy it rather than allow it to fall into his hands.

In Lord Tedd's reality, the group that made Vladia made Gen. Shade Tail instead of making Grace.  Shade Tail's human DNA was supposed to be from some ruff, buff Navy Seal type.  In our reality, Dr. S (I can never spell his last name) switched that DNA with his daughter's after she died in a car accident.  Ed Verres once speculated Dr. S's daughter might not have died in Lord Tedd's universe.

Which means no CMD exposure.  It may be that CMD exposure was intentionally withheld to keep Shade Tail more controllable.  Perhaps there was a designated age planned for CMD exposure and Damian attacked and took control of the facility before Shade Tail (Grace or General) got to that age.

Edit: Almost-certainly General Shade Tail got CMD exposure through Lord Tedd.

2 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Perhaps there was a designated age planned for CMD exposure and Damian attacked and took control of the facility before Shade Tail (Grace or General) got to that age.

That's assuming that Lord Tedd's universe had a Damien. Given how Lord Tedd seems to have turned out, he could be the equivalent of Damien, although he would seem to have turned out saner and even nicer. I emphasize "seem" because while Nioi thinks Lord Tedd isn't really evil, Nioi loves him.

There's another big difference between Lord Tedd and our Tedd: There's been no sign that Lord Tedd has any family, unless you count Nioi.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Remember, Lord Tedd story arc was waaay premature to start.

But how many years ago was it way premature?  Could we be getting close to when it is no longer premature?

Maybe, but I would expect that next part of story related to Lord Tedd would be something smaller than General Shade Tail visiting ... and it will be AFTER the matters with Pandora and Voltaire would be finished.

59 minutes ago, Scotty said:

One thing I can think of that can support Edward not thinking anything odd about the glove and watches would be the magic analysis wand, it looks like an electronic device, even has a pop-out piece that covers where batteries go. Who ever made it was either a Seer like Tedd, or maybe there actually is a way to make magitech devices and Edward assumed that Tedd was able to figure out how to make them as well, maybe Edward just figured that Tedd reverse engineered the Uryuom tech.

Yes, there likely IS a way to make magitech devices and maybe reverse engineering Uryuom tech can really help you with such research. However, I don't think that Uryuom tech and Earth magitech can mix and Tedd sort of lacked anything helping him "bootstrap" the experiments - as I said, I suppose anyone else doing similar research would need a wand for creating wands or something similar. Of course, Edward might not realize that.

Something just occurred to me, and this is at the moment a wild theory, but what if those other glow incidents are related to Tedd's second purpose? Two of those moments were in relation to very strong positive emotions. Voltaire's been trying to traumatize or otherwise entice very strong negative emotions from Tedd to worsen the outcome of his hidden purpose. I should be safe to assume that the strong positive emotions would make for a better outcome. The best analogy that I can think of would be the Light and Dark sides of the Force and Voltaire's trying to get Tedd to go Dark Side.

The Light and Dark sides of the Force implies absolute morality. Lot of people would want absolute morality to exist, but I find more likely morality is principally relative ... and what's more important, EGS seem to have more complicated view on morality too, considering there is no Light side mentioned in Immortal agreements.

On the other hand, the bit about glow incidents being related to second purpose is possible. It would explain why Dan didn't explained it yet ...

I'm not entirely sure it would make a difference whether Tedd based the transformation watches on Elliot's morphing or anyone else morphing I think the spell would be the same or at least very similar no matter who had it. The results of the spell wouldn't be so much dependent on the spell itself, but the caster being able to focus on the form well enough to get it right.

I was specifically talking about spell which would be easier to use BECAUSE it would have options more limited.

Susan did a better job of keeping her clothes fitting well enough probably because she's just better at focusing on what she wants, while Nanase....obviously didn't.

Actually, Nanase MIGHT get it correctly as well if she wouldn't hit the limit of how tall the spell can make her.

Any seer which would do as much research as Tedd would start questioning how it's possible he's THAT good in it ... but most seers are not doing that much research.

I think you give Tedd too much credit, yeah Tedd should have questioned it more, but remember, he didn't like the idea that his parents might have been wrong about him, so he tried to think up other ways to justify how he could do certain things.

I think that's more like handicap than bonus. That without this idea, he would start questioning it sooner.

If his glasses are magic and not technology, maybe he used THAT knowledge ...

I don't know for certain if the glasses were magically made or just high-tech, everyone thought they let him analyze magic but even he admitted that they only made him look scientific(even Dan states in the commentary that the glasses were an intentional misdirection), so... I think at this point...

The glasses didn't helped him to see magic ; however, their X-ray vision likely was more magic than science, given that regular X-ray isn't really that much sexy.This definitely doesn't look like X-ray.

It also connects him with computer. Without the glove, he would need to remember everything about the spell he is putting in watches. With glove, he can easily have megabytes of informations prepared.

That's what I mean by fine tuning, the watches that have specific forms and such would have a lot of details that Tedd would code in by computer and transfer to the glove, and then once those are imbued into the watch would allow the user to just think "Grace 1", rather than having to actually picture what Grace looks like.

There are three places where the specific form could come from. One, computer by the glove. Two, Tedd picturing it when creating the wand/watches. Three, caster picturing it. Plus combinations of course.

But because he's basing those kinds of watches on the limits of spells that only have size adjustments as a portion of the spell effect?

I think that different resize spells use different method to change size and the limits are real limits of methods Tedd knows of. Rhoda is using different method, which can have more extreme results. Also, tastes sweet.

but I don't expect to see him impersonating Edward or Greg or anyone else we know because that would require clone forms of people that may not exist in Lord Tedd universe or not even look the same (Lord Tedd seems to be taller than our Tedd for instance), in order for it to work, they'd have to somehow scan someone from the main universe and that's even assuming Lord Tedd has access to a TFG and scanner.

Agree - and while I think Lord Tedd DOES have scanner, it's big machine, not portable device.

34 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah I don't doubt that General Shade Tail has the same control of his morphing ability as Grace does,

I'm not so certain.  The people who created Grace and Vladia didn't use a TFG on them to stabilize their transformations.  Either they didn't know about the effect it would have, or they didn't have access to a CMD to use on them.  The group that made General Shade Tail may have had similar limitations; whoever had a CMD available may have chosen to take it off-planet or destroy it rather than allow it to fall into his hands.

It was sort of same group so yes they likely didn't have CMD. HOWEVER, I presume Lord Tedd does have TF gun and used it on General Shade Tail.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That's assuming that Lord Tedd's universe had a Damien. Given how Lord Tedd seems to have turned out, he could be the equivalent of Damien

Damien attacked when Tedd was how much, four? Six? Would be quite accomplishment for Lord Tedd to replace him.

14 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's another big difference between Lord Tedd and our Tedd: There's been no sign that Lord Tedd has any family, unless you count Nioi.

He looks human, therefore he had family. Question is if they are still alive ... and if not, how long ago they died.

27 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

There may have been other ways, or maybe the group that made General Shade Tail knew that he'd be imperfect until zapped. We know he has more control over his morphing from the snippet we saw of Lord Tedd universe, General Shade Tail couldn't have been able to morph his arms like that just from his base Human/Uryuom/Lespuko/Squirrel nature being imperfect. Though I couldn't even begin to guess at where he got the forms that allowed him to get arms like that.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That's assuming that Lord Tedd's universe had a Damien. Given how Lord Tedd seems to have turned out, he could be the equivalent of Damien, although he would seem to have turned out saner and even nicer. I emphasize "seem" because while Nioi thinks Lord Tedd isn't really evil, Nioi loves him.

I prefer to assume as few changes as needed to explain differences like this.  The only deviation needed AFAIK is Dr. S's daughter Grace didn't die.

In Grace's reality she was built as a Damien-killer.  It's possible that the Shady Corporation would still have tried to build a another Greater Seynoulu despite (or perhaps because of) the problems they had with Vlad but the threat of Damian was what drove them to add Lespuko to the mix.  For General Shade Tail to have the same capabilities as Grace (he may not, but I assume he does as Grace's evil twin), Damian has to exist or some motivation equal to the threat of Damian would have to be introduced.  which is simpler?

What few snippets of General Shade Tail's personality we've seen suggests a lot of influence from a being with an outlook like Damian's, even if it wasn't Damian.  So under my personal "rule of least changes", there's no reason to think Damian didn't exist in Lord Tedd's world and circumstantial evidence to suggest that he did.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, Nanase MIGHT get it correctly as well if she wouldn't hit the limit of how tall the spell can make her.

Nanase was gung ho about using the watch and being a tall as Greg, I don't think it was hitting the height limit that did it, she just didn't focus on keeping her clothes wearable at that height.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

he glasses didn't helped him to see magic ; however, their X-ray vision likely was more magic than science, given that regular X-ray isn't really that much sexy.This definitely doesn't look like X-ray.

It's tough to say whether the glasses that the guard used on Wolf were the same kind that Tedd has, but the guard's glasses were being used to confirm Wolf's identity, not just to see if he was hiding any weapons, we've had no evidence that Tedd's glasses could also do that. The main sticking point with me though, is would Edward let Tedd take those glasses to school if they had any magical properties? I guess the x-ray feature alone should have made Edward worry about misuse, but if that kind of technology was already known to the public then there wouldn't be need to keep it secret, magic however...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Damien attacked when Tedd was how much, four? Six? Would be quite accomplishment for Lord Tedd to replace him.

I thought Grace was 13 when Damien attacked? that would make Tedd somewhere between 12 and 13 I think.

Edit: Sorry, Grace was 13 when Edward infiltrated the company that created Grace and her brothers. so she would have been a little older when Damien attacked.

When I was suggesting that in his universe Lord Tedd might be the equivalent of Damien, I'm talking about being a threat. Lord Tedd being less crazy than Damien could make him a bigger threat. How about this: Lord Tedd was taken from his family by his universe's counterpart of DGB. Cut off from real friends and family, he applied his intuition and intelligence and destroyed it much as Damien destroyed the people who built him. Give Damien the equivalent of the friends and family that our Tedd has enjoyed, and he might be more like his universe's equivalent of our Tedd.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

When I was suggesting that in his universe Lord Tedd might be the equivalent of Damien, I'm talking about being a threat. Lord Tedd being less crazy than Damien could make him a bigger threat. How about this: Lord Tedd was taken from his family by his universe's counterpart of DGB. Cut off from real friends and family, he applied his intuition and intelligence and destroyed it much as Damien destroyed the people who built him. Give Damien the equivalent of the friends and family that our Tedd has enjoyed, and he might be more like his universe's equivalent of our Tedd.

My theory was that General Shade Tail is manipulating Lord Tedd into being the equivalent of Damien, that despite being created to prevent the prophecy from being fulfilled, Shade Tail turned on his creators and is trying to fulfill the prophecy himself by using Lord Tedd's abilities. How he learned about Tedd in that universe is unclear though.

5 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Obviously I could be wrong, but I really don't think Edward knows about Tedd being a seer or even having magic except for the ambient magic as power source and some kind of intuitive grasp to ensorcel the watches; I think that he truly believes his son is magic impaired and has decided to accept his son as he "is", and hasn't bothered to research Tedd; perhaps doing what could be seen as the opposite of what Noriko did.  I think that this colors his perceptions as well; he sees Tedd as needing protection, to the point of coddling him.

Of course, as I write this, I see the flaw in this argument about Edward not researching what makes Tedd tick.  A lot of what Tedd does shouldn't make sense to Edward.  I absolutely can't imagine he wouldn't have had the glove analyzed and tested (discovering it doesn't work for anyone else), unless Tedd never told him about the glove, but then Edward would want to know how Tedd makes the watches.  Also, an intuitive grasp of magic?  Shouldn't that be investigation worthy?  But I really feel like he has kept Tedd away from anyone knowing too much about what Tedd does, to prevent Tedd from being poked and prodded Dad's Government Business.

Hmm, so, in conclusion, I have argued myself into a corner.  Bottomline, I don't think Edward knows that Tedd is a seer, and I would bet the Feds don't know much of anything about Tedd at all.  If Edward has researched Tedd, I bet it has been clandestine and off the books.

My speculation is he thinks its a more portable version of the TFG, or related to it in some way. Magic that isn't magic. Which is kinda what Elliot's magic started as--he was zapped by the TFG. I'm not even sure Edward thinks Tedd has done anything that isn't basically a variation on the TFG; I'd like to think he would be a LOT more interested in what Tedd's doing if he knew.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Something just occurred to me, and this is at the moment a wild theory, but what if those other glow incidents are related to Tedd's second purpose? Two of those moments were in relation to very strong positive emotions. Voltaire's been trying to traumatize or otherwise entice very strong negative emotions from Tedd to worsen the outcome of his hidden purpose. I should be safe to assume that the strong positive emotions would make for a better outcome. The best analogy that I can think of would be the Light and Dark sides of the Force and Voltaire's trying to get Tedd to go Dark Side.

Yes.  This is a theory I can get behind.  I have often wondered about Tedd's glowing.  It either happened when he had insight into magic, or experienced strong positive emotions like love for Grace.  I believe you have hit the nail on the head; I think it is related to his second purpose and Voltaire's trying to traumatize him would jeopardize that.  So far though, Pandora has apparently derailed that part of his plan.  Now plan CM could swing it back...

So we would have to speculate, what purpose would be served by Tedd being able to do something when experiencing strong emotions but would be negated if he knew what the purpose was?  Could he and other seers affect the shape of magic if it reset?  But Voltaire seems fixated on Tedd, not other seers (that we know of).  So, it might be something that would only happen for Tedd, perhaps if the conditions were correct.  If magic resets because of events in Moperville, would that make it some kind of epicenter of change, meaning Tedd could have some sort of undue influence?  Hmm, let better minds than mine contemplate the possibilities; this seems like ripe territory for speculation.

3 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

being able to do something when experiencing strong emotions

There are at least three examples of that in canon: Ellen zapping Vlad into Vladia; Nanase getting her guardian form to save Ellen; Ellen copying Nanase's guardian form and its powers to save Nanase.

17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

But how many years ago was it way premature?  Could we be getting close to when it is no longer premature?

Given how long it has taken in real world time to reach points plotted years ago, I suspect we're still a ways off from alternate universe shenanigans returning.

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

There are at least three examples of that in canon: Ellen zapping Vlad into Vladia; Nanase getting her guardian form to save Ellen; Ellen copying Nanase's guardian form and its powers to save Nanase.

Two of those, Ellen's examples, show strong emotion amplifying the effect, potentially even beyond the normal restrictions of the spell.  Nanase was granted a spell of potentially great power to grant her unselfish desire to save Ellen. 

Tedd's powers are to understand and to some level control magic.  He doesn't cast spells directly, but he detects, understands, and manipulates those spells, allowing him to shrug off enchantments and place those spells into objects for others to cast.  So on some level he manipulates magic itself.  Imagine that same power amplified by strong emotions so that he bypasses any restrictions on his powers.  Perhaps he could change magic for an area, perhaps he could contact the Mind of Magic and understand it.  Thanks, Tom, you have given me some scary possibilities to consider.  ;):D

I wonder if Tedd has two sources of power.  The vast power he can tap to put energy into a wand for it to power the spell he places on the want, and the internal power needed to perform the task, sort of like performing some mentally strenuous task.  Cause if he just uses the same power to place the spells as he uses to empower them, dang, his limiter becomes the availability of wands or staves or other enchantable items (have to be made a certain way, of certain materials, of certain quality, can only be made by hand?).  And is a wand reusable?  Once the spells are discharged, can you re-enchant it?  How many times?  Obviously questions either Pandora could answer or Tedd will discover using his powers of intuition, but dang, that is some serious power, depending on what spells Tedd knows.  If he knew a fireball spell, he could just churn out some serious weaponry.  Just pick a high level wizard, his dad or Raven, and have them run through their collection of spells.  And suddenly Tedd can be very scary indeed if he needs to be.  Just saying.

Ah, how about these as possible secondary functions for a Seer.

1. Create or discover new spells on their own, without having to see the spell first.  After all, if magic changes, how are people going to learn how to do magic.
  2. Being able to mark people; essentially sensing their magic potential and starting them on that path.

Now, these are not complete suggestions; I am not sure how they could be used without knowing that you can do them, but according to the Heka knowing you can do them would disqualify from that secondary purpose?  That is a difficult requirement to work with, unless the point is that the purpose is only needed once magic changes and then you quality to perform that function?  Hmm, needs work.  On the other hand, something like being able to mark someone is definitely not something you would want someone of questionable morality to be able to do.

28 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Now, these are not complete suggestions; I am not sure how they could be used without knowing that you can do them, but according to the Heka knowing you can do them would disqualify from that secondary purpose?

Maybe this is a plausible solution: The second purpose is a nascent ability of all Seers, but it can only be expressed if there's an actual change in magic and if a Seer meets the eligibility requirements. Seers who get the secret ability activated can use it for the rest of their lives, but it will remain inactive for all seers born after them until the next magic change. Forcing a change to this system could be all or part of Voltaire's objective. It could even provide a link to Lord Tedd. Voltaire said at the end of his last rant that "...it will be the last straw for magic and immortals alike, and then they will listen to me." Lord Tedd could be one of Voltaire's earlier straws.

Just now, Tuscahoma said:

Ah, how about these as possible secondary functions for a Seer.

1. Create or discover new spells on their own, without having to see the spell first.  After all, if magic changes, how are people going to learn how to do magic.
  2. Being able to mark people; essentially sensing their magic potential and starting them on that path.

Now, these are not complete suggestions; I am not sure how they could be used without knowing that you can do them, but according to the Heka knowing you can do them would disqualify from that secondary purpose?  That is a difficult requirement to work with, unless the point is that the purpose is only needed once magic changes and then you quality to perform that function?  Hmm, needs work.  On the other hand, something like being able to mark someone is definitely not something you would want someone of questionable morality to be able to do.

Pandora had stated that if magic changed, Tedd would have insight into whatever the system became and the knowledge the knowledge to teach others. But he does also learn other people's spells as he sees them in action. It's sounds a lot like he'd be a kind of backup system, except he doesn't have to archive every single spell, just even having seen one and being able to put it on a wand for someone to use would be enough to get people using magic again, and if using a wand no longer allows people to awaken, then Tedd should be able to figure out what would and teach that to others. That should at least cover both points, though I don't think marking would be necessary.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe this is a plausible solution: The second purpose is a nascent ability of all Seers, but it can only be expressed if there's an actual change in magic and if a Seer meets the eligibility requirements. Seers who get the secret ability activated can use it for the rest of their lives, but it will remain inactive for all seers born after them until the next magic change. Forcing a change to this system could be all or part of Voltaire's objective. It could even provide a link to Lord Tedd. Voltaire said at the end of his last rant that "...it will be the last straw for magic and immortals alike, and then they will listen to me." Lord Tedd could be one of Voltaire's earlier straws.

I too think we wouldn't see the second purpose unless there is an actual system change, and that Voltaire is trying to force it in a way that would benefit him.

I don't believe he, or an alternate version of him was involved with Lord Tedd though, I think that if Lord Tedd's second purpose was activated though, it'd be for completely different reasons.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't believe he, or an alternate version of him was involved with Lord Tedd...

Well, I said "maybe." I think it brings up some interesting questions:

• Do Immortals have alternate versions like the Tedds, Elliots, and Ellens, or are they multiversal beings like the goddesses in Oh My Goddess?
  • Are there are different versions of Immortals for different universes? Or just different names for them?
  • How hard is it for Immortals to travel between universes? We already have space whales, Nioi, and Goo kernals flitting between universes, and even an internet connection to Beta Tedd's universe.
  • Does each universe have it's own Will of Magic? We already know there are different rules for Immortals/Ancients in just the other half of the Moperverse.
  • Is Jeremy a unique feature of the Moperverse?

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

My theory is that

Damian existed, and Ed Verres is right that Dr S's daughter grace didn't die, so the Shade Tail created to fight Damian is a guy, not a girl. 

1. Ed Verres still infiltrates the lab and Dr. S still suggests Verres look after Shade Tail.
  2. Damian attacks the lab and takes it over as in the core comic's timeline.  There is no Grace to mother Damian's army, so Damian alters his plan.  How?  Who cares.  He's going to die when the timeline gets to Painted Black.
  3. Damian recognizes Shade Tail as a potential rival and commits a lot of abuses best left unsaid.
  4. Shade Tail escapes, and goes looking for Tedd just as Grace did.  Shade Tail and Tedd become good friends.  Shade Tail gets CMDed in here somewhere.
  5. Painted Black.  The important difference here is Shade Tail has none of Grace's non-violent outlook and starts taking Damian apart.  Damian self-destructs in the lab rather than outside.  Only Shade Tail survives.
  6. It goes downhill from here.  Under Shade Tail's influence, Tedd becomes Lord Tedd.

Are there are different versions of Immortals for different universes? Or just different names for them?

At this point, I'm thinking that each universe might have their own, though I'm only basing this on the fact that, in the main EGS universe there's two halves each with their own fairies who seem to follow slightly different rules, Immortals can lie, Ancients can't lie. That is about all we know though, but...

How hard is it for Immortals to travel between universes? We already have space whales, Nioi, and Goo kernals flitting between universes, and even an internet connection to Beta Tedd's universe.

Voltaire knew about the other half, I dunno if he was told by Tara or if he just had that knowledge, but I'm willing to believe that Immortals are aware of the other half and it's quite possible that in the past there was more interaction between them. Nioi used a magic bead or something to travel between universe, Lord Tedd might have used the same or some tech variant to send the goo cells, Beta Tedd might have learned how to create a transdimensional cable modem from Tony Flansaas*. ;)

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Does each universe have it's own Will of Magic? We already know there are different rules for Immortals/Ancients in just the other half of the Moperverse.

I think my answer for the first point applies here as well, Dan tweeted (or maybe it was Tumblr, I can't find it on either at the moment but I've only gone back about 8 months on Dan's personal tumblr so far, could be on the main EGS tumblr?) a while back about there being a separate WoM for each half in response to someone asking if a system change would affect Tara and Andrea's half, Dan basically said no, that the WoM was more like a honeybadger on the other half and didn't care how many people could use magic. So if there are two Wills in the main universe, then each universe should have their own wills, Lord Tedd's universe might have a Will that's less restrictive (or maybe Lord Tedd forced it to compromise?) and the Second Life(not the MMO) universe might not have magic as all, at least Ellen didn't seem to experience any magic hijinks while "growing up".

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Is Jeremy a unique feature of the Moperverse?

There's also Adrian's cat Max who appears to be the same breed as Jeremy, they may be related, speculation as to how they came to exist leans towards Uryuom eggs with cat and hedgehog DNA.

As for whether there are versions of Jeremy in other universes, I would imagine so given the infinite number of possible universes.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

My theory is that

Damian existed, and Ed Verres is right that Dr S's daughter grace didn't die, so the Shade Tail created to fight Damian is a guy, not a girl. 

1. Ed Verres still infiltrates the lab and Dr. S still suggests Verres look after Shade Tail.
  2. Damian attacks the lab and takes it over as in the core comic's timeline.  There is no Grace to mother Damian's army, so Damian alters his plan.  How?  Who cares.  He's going to die when the timeline gets to Painted Black.
  3. Damian recognizes Shade Tail as a potential rival and commits a lot of abuses best left unsaid.
  4. Shade Tail escapes, and goes looking for Tedd just as Grace did.  Shade Tail and Tedd become good friends.  Shade Tail gets CMDed in here somewhere.
  5. Painted Black.  The important difference here is Shade Tail has none of Grace's non-violent outlook and starts taking Damian apart.  Damian self-destructs in the lab rather than outside.  Only Shade Tail survives.
  6. It goes downhill from here.  Under Shade Tail's influence, Tedd becomes Lord Tedd.

Wait, are you suggesting that General Shade Tail would be suffering PTSD from his battle with Damien?

A point regarding Lord Tedd's title:

Andrea and Tara thought Nanase should be royalty based solely on her powers - and she's Awakened, not a Wizard.

What would they think of a Seer?

My guess: Tedd would be at least minor nobility - a Lord - solely by virtue of being a Seer. Quite possibly in the upper ranks of nobility and on a royal council.

Of course, we have no reason to think that Lord Tedd is from the gryphons' world... but I doubt that their world is the only one with a magic-based class system.

I guess I really didn't make  it clear that it would be strange if Immortals are limited to one universe when we have at least four examples in canon of travel or communication between different universes. Different universes were established in EGS canon before the existence of Immortals was revealed. I believe Dan said somewhere that he started out with quite different plans for Lord Tedd. And yet, here he is after, what, fifteen years after his first appearance? Dan still has Lord Tedd in mind, whether or not he's going to play any kind of direct part in Sister III.

Would be kind of wonderful if Lord Tedd showed up to play for the home team, though.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

he glasses didn't helped him to see magic ; however, their X-ray vision likely was more magic than science, given that regular X-ray isn't really that much sexy.This definitely doesn't look like X-ray.

It's tough to say whether the glasses that the guard used on Wolf were the same kind that Tedd has, but the guard's glasses were being used to confirm Wolf's identity, not just to see if he was hiding any weapons, we've had no evidence that Tedd's glasses could also do that. The main sticking point with me though, is would Edward let Tedd take those glasses to school if they had any magical properties? I guess the x-ray feature alone should have made Edward worry about misuse, but if that kind of technology was already known to the public then there wouldn't be need to keep it secret, magic however...

Noone except her physic professor objected that Nanase is floating in her school. Tedd AND ELLIOT were free to read top secret documents. And, obviously, TF gun. Edward was obviously not worried about Tedd endangering national security.

And I think those glasses are standard issue similar to wands. Why else would Edward be giving Tedd special glasses with X-ray vision? To support his pervert side? Because he was worried about concealed weapons in school? No, I think those are standard glasses and Edward either wanted to give them to Tedd for some other abilities (recording?) or just had them home and gave them to Tedd for aesthetic purposes.

Regarding Wolf's identity, either we overlook that function or, quite possibly, the glasses Tedd has are actually older model.

And, again, actuall X-ray is NOT SEXY. Any sexy "X-ray" option must be something magical.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edit: Sorry, Grace was 13 when Edward infiltrated the company that created Grace and her brothers. so she would have been a little older when Damien attacked.

... actually needed to read the page twice before noticing the age. Thanks for reference. Ok, in age 13, it might be possible, but still unlikely.

19 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

My speculation is he thinks its a more portable version of the TFG, or related to it in some way. Magic that isn't magic. Which is kinda what Elliot's magic started as--he was zapped by the TFG. I'm not even sure Edward thinks Tedd has done anything that isn't basically a variation on the TFG; I'd like to think he would be a LOT more interested in what Tedd's doing if he knew.

Then he isn't much observant, considering TF gun and any related technology can't change clothes.

Although, maybe he really isn't much observant.

10 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Could he and other seers affect the shape of magic if it reset?  But Voltaire seems fixated on Tedd, not other seers (that we know of).

Tedd might be only seer VOLTAIRE knows of. Or at least only eligible.

6 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

I wonder if Tedd has two sources of power.  The vast power he can tap to put energy into a wand for it to power the spell he places on the want, and the internal power needed to perform the task, sort of like performing some mentally strenuous task.  Cause if he just uses the same power to place the spells as he uses to empower them, dang, his limiter becomes the availability of wands or staves or other enchantable items (have to be made a certain way, of certain materials, of certain quality, can only be made by hand?).

Considering the watches work, you can obviously made them from common material by mass production ... BUT maybe it's not just bad luck they have no "battery". Wand which can store not only the spell but also energy for them might require not only better materials, but possibly some specific way to be made which makes harder to mass produce them.

6 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

If he knew a fireball spell, he could just churn out some serious weaponry.  Just pick a high level wizard, his dad or Raven, and have them run through their collection of spells.  And suddenly Tedd can be very scary indeed if he needs to be.  Just saying.

What did you think the "more dangerous rarity" means?

5 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

but according to the Heka knowing you can do them would disqualify from that secondary purpose?  That is a difficult requirement to work with

I think that the idea is the seer will only be able to do the second purpose if he thinks he is doing something much less important. For example, he might think he's just discovering new rules but in reality he is creating them (or, like, finalizing their shape).

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
  • Do Immortals have alternate versions like the Tedds, Elliots, and Ellens, or are they multiversal beings like the goddesses in Oh My Goddess?
  • Are there are different versions of Immortals for different universes? Or just different names for them?
  • How hard is it for Immortals to travel between universes? We already have space whales, Nioi, and Goo kernals flitting between universes, and even an internet connection to Beta Tedd's universe.
  • Does each universe have it's own Will of Magic? We already know there are different rules for Immortals/Ancients in just the other half of the Moperverse.
  • Is Jeremy a unique feature of the Moperverse?

I would think that yes, Immortals have alternate versions. They may be able to travel between universes but not easily. Note that the space whales were NOT travelling between universes and the "internet connection" to Beta Tedd's universe was something he developed and only worked for short time.

Each universe DEFINITELY has not only it's own Will of Magic, but likely several of them (or one, but with different objectives for different parts of universe).

Jeremy might be interesting but definitely not THAT interesting.

• Ed Verres still infiltrates the lab and Dr. S still suggests Verres look after Shade Tail.
  • Damian attacks the lab and takes it over as in the core comic's timeline.  There is no Grace to mother Damian's army, so Damian alters his plan.  How?  Who cares.  He's going to die when the timeline gets to Painted Black.
  • Damian recognizes Shade Tail as a potential rival and commits a lot of abuses best left unsaid.
  • Shade Tail escapes, and goes looking for Tedd just as Grace did.  Shade Tail and Tedd become good friends.  Shade Tail gets CMDed in here somewhere.

Yes.

Painted Black.  The important difference here is Shade Tail has none of Grace's non-violent outlook and starts taking Damian apart.  Damian self-destructs in the lab rather than outside.  Only Shade Tail survives.

Grace started taking Damian apart as well, but she didn't FINISHED it. Shade Tail DID. Although the self-destruction might happened anyway. It's also possible that someone died for other reason - like, maybe Ellen didn't happened in that universe, Shade Tail was only accompanied by Nanase and Nanase was killed by Vlad.

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and the Second Life(not the MMO) universe might not have magic as all, at least Ellen didn't seem to experience any magic hijinks while "growing up"

There are lot of people who didn't experienced any magic hijinks in EGS's main universe as well. I wouldn't conclude there is no magic in Second Life just because Ellen didn't noticed it.

11 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

A point regarding Lord Tedd's title:

Andrea and Tara thought Nanase should be royalty based solely on her powers - and she's Awakened, not a Wizard.

What would they think of a Seer?

My guess: Tedd would be at least minor nobility - a Lord - solely by virtue of being a Seer. Quite possibly in the upper ranks of nobility and on a royal council.

Of course, we have no reason to think that Lord Tedd is from the gryphons' world... but I doubt that their world is the only one with a magic-based class system.

I don't think Lord Tedd's world had magic-based class system before Lord Tedd happened ...

Also, Nanase MIGHT be wizard. She definitely has wizards between her ancestors.

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think my answer for the first point applies here as well, Dan tweeted (or maybe it was Tumblr, I can't find it on either at the moment but I've only gone back about 8 months on Dan's personal tumblr so far, could be on the main EGS tumblr?) a while back about there being a separate WoM for each half in response to someone asking if a system change would affect Tara and Andrea's half, Dan basically said no, that the WoM was more like a honeybadger on the other half and didn't care how many people could use magic.

It was tumblr.