• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday July 26, 2017

16 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And, again, actuall X-ray is NOT SEXY.

A certain group of female superheroes agrees.

Exactly (and by "exactly", I mean I considered searching for this image as illustration but then decided it would take me too much time to be worth it).

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Exactly (and by "exactly", I mean I considered searching for this image as illustration but then decided it would take me too much time to be worth it).

I have a collection of links to specific pages of webcomics... currently at 75 pages from 20 different comics.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Wait, are you suggesting that General Shade Tail would be suffering PTSD from his battle with Damien?

Actually well before then.  I am saying living with Damian had an entirely different effect on Shade-Tail than Grace.

In Damian both iterations of Shade Tail saw their own ability to be a monster reflected. Grace looked for a different path.  Shade-Tail made himself into Damian 2.0.

14 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I have a collection of links to specific pages of webcomics... currently at 75 pages from 20 different comics.

I have collections for several specific webcomics, but Grrl Power is not one of them. However, you reminded me that neither is Girl Genius and I still have this ... and I didn't looked at this comics for years ... and this one ... ok. Adding this Grrl Power to those.

47 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Noone except her physic professor objected that Nanase is floating in her school. Tedd AND ELLIOT were free to read top secret documents. And, obviously, TF gun. Edward was obviously not worried about Tedd endangering national security.

What's strange though, is Edward was concerned about national security when William and Gillian went to him for help with the TFG. Sure, Edward said he could trust Tedd to no violate national security, but I doubt that trust would have allowed Tedd to take the TFG to school with him to zap Tony. So for the glasses, either Edward was certain that no one would be able to find out that they were special (which would have been moot should anyone have overheard Tedd explaining the glasses to Susan and Sarah) or they there wasn't anything about them that would cause concern for national security.

I know X-ray implies that someone using it would only see the skeleton of whoever they were looking at rather than just seeing under their clothes. But I wonder if it'd be possible, maybe through the use of X-ray and other sensors, to render what the person sees in real time so that it would appear that the viewer could see under a person's clothes without magic? What they'd see would be more of an approximation, but might be close enough? Tedd's glasses are connected to his computer, maybe the computer handled rendering "x-ray" vision as well?  Then again, being able to stream his recording back home should require a pretty good wireless connection (he couldn't be using the cell towers as there's a chance packets from his glasses could be intercepted, right?) so maybe the technology would be a risk if it ended up in the wrong hands?

Still for the other stuff, Carol stated it best that "weird stuff happens here" and while I'd like to believe that no one would think that Tedd's glasses would be out of the ordinary considering other weird stuff, I find it difficult to think that Edward would just let Tedd take sensitive equipment out of the house.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

And I think those glasses are standard issue similar to wands. Why else would Edward be giving Tedd special glasses with X-ray vision? To support his pervert side? Because he was worried about concealed weapons in school? No, I think those are standard glasses and Edward either wanted to give them to Tedd for some other abilities (recording?) or just had them home and gave them to Tedd for aesthetic purposes.

Tedd claimed that he wore the glasses to school to make him look less girly, and I believe that to be genuine, he was also adamant that he hadn't used the x-ray feature in years, I dunno if he ever used it at school or just a couple times at home, I want to believe that he only used it at home and determined it would be a bad idea to use it on anyone else very early, Tedd may have acted like a perv a lot before Grace, but I do believe him when he said...well... all of this.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There are lot of people who didn't experienced any magic hijinks in EGS's main universe as well. I wouldn't conclude there is no magic in Second Life just because Ellen didn't noticed it.

Possible, though wouldn't it seem weird if there was magic over in that universe and Tedd wasn't a Seer there? Is it possible to have one without the other? I can understand if magic was wide open then Seers might not be as rare or even as dangerous, but if there was magic in the second life universe it didn't look wide open to me, only the fact that Seyunolus coexisted with humans stood out in that universe. Not having Fairy ancestry might be an option, but we recently had the discussion about Genghis Khan and how many people couldn't exist without him. So I dunno how to explain why that universe could be so different.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

It was tumblr.

Thanks, was only 3 months of posts off. :)

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

My theory is that

Damian existed, and Ed Verres is right that Dr S's daughter grace didn't die, so the Shade Tail created to fight Damian is a guy, not a girl. 

1. Ed Verres still infiltrates the lab and Dr. S still suggests Verres look after Shade Tail.
  2. Damian attacks the lab and takes it over as in the core comic's timeline.  There is no Grace to mother Damian's army, so Damian alters his plan.  How?  Who cares.  He's going to die when the timeline gets to Painted Black.
  3. Damian recognizes Shade Tail as a potential rival and commits a lot of abuses best left unsaid.
  4. Shade Tail escapes, and goes looking for Tedd just as Grace did.  Shade Tail and Tedd become good friends.  Shade Tail gets CMDed in here somewhere.
  5. Painted Black.  The important difference here is Shade Tail has none of Grace's non-violent outlook and starts taking Damian apart.  Damian self-destructs in the lab rather than outside.  Only Shade Tail survives.
  6. It goes downhill from here.  Under Shade Tail's influence, Tedd becomes Lord Tedd.
1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Actually well before then.  I am saying living with Damian had an entirely different effect on Shade-Tail than Grace.

In Damian both iterations of Shade Tail saw their own ability to be a monster reflected. Grace looked for a different path.  Shade-Tail made himself into Damian 2.0.

Ok, Damien 2.0 seems plausible, but #4 of your theory doesn't seem to fit if we consider Shade Tail already mentally unstable.

I can believe in Shade Tail looking for Tedd, either finding out about him through the newspaper like Grace or some other way, but I can see Shade Tail plotting to use Tedd even then to overthrow Damien and replace him. Maybe Damien knew about the CMDs stabilizing Seyunolus shapeshifting and had the ones in the facility destroyed and when Shade Tail escape, he went searching for someone with a CMD and found Tedd, and pretended to befriend him so he could gain access to it.

Also Damien doesn't have to self destruct in that scenario, Shade Tail could have outright killed him.

Hmm another thing to add would be Elliot, if Painted Black more or less happened similarly in Lord Tedd's universe, if Elliot was captured by Damien, and then killed in the battle, that could be the tipping point for Tedd that would allow Shade Tail to really push the "friendship" act and manipulate Tedd.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ok, Damien 2.0 seems plausible, but #4 of your theory doesn't seem to fit if we consider Shade Tail already mentally unstable.

I can believe in Shade Tail looking for Tedd, either finding out about him through the newspaper like Grace or some other way, but I can see Shade Tail plotting to use Tedd even then to overthrow Damien and replace him. Maybe Damien knew about the CMDs stabilizing Seyunolus shapeshifting and had the ones in the facility destroyed and when Shade Tail escape, he went searching for someone with a CMD and found Tedd, and pretended to befriend him so he could gain access to it.

Also Damien doesn't have to self destruct in that scenario, Shade Tail could have outright killed him.

Who said Shad Tail was unstable?  He's very stable.  He's divided the world into abusers and the abused and decided he prefers to be an abuser.  We have circumstantial evidence that he is manipulating Lord Tedd, probably up to and including *being* Lord Tedd.  "Power behind the throne" and all that...

I can go with Shade-Tail gutting Damian, but Tedd's friends are the least helpful to him if they're dead and only Shade-Tail is left.  Just for my own sense of drama I want there to be a sense that Shade-Tail could still have chosen a path like Grace's and chose instead a darker one.

The thing about CMDs and Shade-Tail looking for another source is, Tedd only showed up on Grace's radar because he made the goo that turned into the goo monster.  that had nothing to do with CMDs. 

Worse, as I think of it now, the goo monster that WAS in the newspaper article was only there because of Lord Tedd...and we're discussing Lord Tedd's origin!  So no newspaper article and no link back to pre-Lord Tedd.  Shade Tail has to meet Tedd some other way.  I'm not sure how.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hmm another thing to add would be Elliot, if Painted Black more or less happened similarly in Lord Tedd's universe, if Elliot was captured by Damien, and then killed in the battle, that could be the tipping point for Tedd that would allow Shade Tail to really push the "friendship" act and manipulate Tedd.

That's why I elected to have Damian self-destruct instead of getting mauled to death.  Elliot's influence has to be removed.  Killing him is the easiest way to make that happen and drive the surviving members of the main 8 away from Tedd so his emotional support system is just Shade Tail...until he meets Nioi anyway. 

I have no idea where Nioi fits into this since she had no analogue in the primary comics continuity that we've seen to date.  That plus her ability to visit the primary comics timeline suggests she's a dimension traveler who ended up in (or was at least from the other side of) Lord Tedd's Earth.  that's as likely as any other number of explanations...

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Who said Shad Tail was unstable?  He's very stable.  He's divided the world into abusers and the abused and decided he prefers to be an abuser.  We have circumstantial evidence that he is manipulating Lord Tedd, probably up to and including *being* Lord Tedd.  "Power behind the throne" and all that...

I was under the impression that PTSD was mentai instability, like the abuse caused Shade Tail to snap and seek vengeance and it wasn't satiated once Damien was dead, like a blood lust?

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I can go with Shade-Tail gutting Damian, but Tedd's friends are the least helpful to him if they're dead and only Shade-Tail is left.  Just for my own sense of drama I want there to be a sense that Shade-Tail could still have chosen a path like Grace's and chose instead a darker one.

Only evidence I can go on really is Tedd's dream with the grave suggesting the death of someone, possibly someone close. That's gotta be foreshadowing something, that it wasn't a actual dream but more like a warning to Tedd about how Lord Tedd came to be. I dunno.

We don't know if Grace would have still been the bubbly person she is if Dr Scuiridae didn't swap DNA samples. Shade Tail might have ended up being the killer the facility hoped for and taken the training much more enthusiastically. When Dr Scuiridae described the creation of Grace, he stated that "The basic plan of action was to create a Seyunolu we wouldn't otherwise create do to the risk of creating something we couldn't control." General Shade Tail could very well have been the worst case scenario of the scientists being unable to control him, developing his own agenda and quest for power. But that leans towards the idea that the other group didn't manage to create Damien or Damien failed in the attack on Dr Scuiridae's group.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Worse, as I think of it now, the goo monster that WAS in the newspaper article was only there because of Lord Tedd...and we're discussing Lord Tedd's origin!  So no newspaper article and no link back to pre-Lord Tedd.  Shade Tail has to meet Tedd some other way.  I'm not sure how.

Lord Tedd and Shade Tail must also have met earlier than Grace and Tedd as well. so Painted Black wouldn't have happened in Lord Tedd's universe anyway. Maybe the key here is Edward. Edward infiltrated the facility shortly after Dr Scuiridae was transfered out in the main universe...wait that couldn't work either, because Dr Scuiridae never switch DNA samples in Lord Tedd's universe, so his superiors wouldn't feel the need to transfer him, so Edward wouldn't get told about the facility and Shade Tail project. Nioi came to the main universe hoping Dr Scuiridae was alive, so that must mean Dr Scuiridae was killed in Lord Tedd's universe, by what though? Damien? Or Shade Tail? That still doesn't explain how Shade Tail and Tedd met....

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

That's why I elected to have Damian self-destruct instead of getting mauled to death.  Elliot's influence has to be removed.  Killing him is the easiest way to make that happen and drive the surviving members of the main 8 away from Tedd so his emotional support system is just Shade Tail...until he meets Nioi anyway. 

I have no idea where Nioi fits into this since she had no analogue in the primary comics continuity that we've seen to date.  That plus her ability to visit the primary comics timeline suggests she's a dimension traveler who ended up in (or was at least from the other side of) Lord Tedd's Earth.  that's as likely as any other number of explanations...

In terms of the other members of the main eight. I'm not entirely sure it'd be safe to assume they were together in Lord Tedd's universe. We assume Elliot was killed at some point and it would be safe to assume Ellen doesn't exist either, Nioi wouldn't be Elliot's alternate, but she would be the closest to an analogue that we'll get considering she touched the diamond and ended up with a duplicate. There's also no indication that Justin, Susan, Sarah and Nanase are there, but then in Ellen's second life dreams, we don't see them either and Ellen even states that she never ran into Sarah or Nanase in that life, and considering Nanase is Tedd's cousin, that's pretty jarring to think that second life Tedd never interacted with Nanase, though we can't guarantee to Nanase's alternate would still be Nanase considering we have seen 2 universes with Ellen instead of Elliot.

Come to think of it, Lord Tedd sending the goo to kill Tedd was what caused the main eight to form, so....yeah.

51 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I was under the impression that PTSD was mentai instability, like the abuse caused Shade Tail to snap and seek vengeance and it wasn't satiated once Damien was dead, like a blood lust?

Certainly it can be.  PTSD is a reaction to severe stress when the person has no control.  It doesn't have to create instability,

But generally speaking abuse does tend to beget new abusers and that's what I was driving at with Damian and Shade Tail.  Damian taught Shade-Tail to be an abuser.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We don't know if Grace would have still been the bubbly person she is if Dr Scuiridae didn't swap DNA samples. Shade Tail might have ended up being the killer the facility hoped for and taken the training much more enthusiastically. When Dr Scuiridae described the creation of Grace, he stated that "The basic plan of action was to create a Seyunolu we wouldn't otherwise create do to the risk of creating something we couldn't control." General Shade Tail could very well have been the worst case scenario of the scientists being unable to control him, developing his own agenda and quest for power. But that leans towards the idea that the other group didn't manage to create Damien or Damien failed in the attack on Dr Scuiridae's group.

Grace wouldn't have been Grace at that point.  She would have been a he, and yes, would have probably been the killer they wanted to create.

Shade Tail could have been uncontrollable despite no exposure to a CMD.  A super-powered teenage rebellion.  I'm not sure how that would nregate Damian's creation since Shade Tail was created as a Damian-killer.  I'm pretty sure Lespuko is the addition to Grace's makeup that was considered the big risk.  And if there's no Damian, why mix Lespuko into shade-Tail?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Lord Tedd and Shade Tail must also have met earlier than Grace and Tedd as well. so Painted Black wouldn't have happened in Lord Tedd's universe anyway. Maybe the key here is Edward. Edward infiltrated the facility shortly after Dr Scuiridae was transfered out in the main universe...wait that couldn't work either, because Dr Scuiridae never switch DNA samples in Lord Tedd's universe, so his superiors wouldn't feel the need to transfer him, so Edward wouldn't get told about the facility and Shade Tail project. Nioi came to the main universe hoping Dr Scuiridae was alive, so that must mean Dr Scuiridae was killed in Lord Tedd's universe, by what though? Damien? Or Shade Tail? That still doesn't explain how Shade Tail and Tedd met....

Why would Shade-Tail and Tedd must have met earlier?  I don't disagree so much as can't follow your reasoning.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In terms of the other members of the main eight. I'm not entirely sure it'd be safe to assume they were together in Lord Tedd's universe. We assume Elliot was killed at some point and it would be safe to assume Ellen doesn't exist either, Nioi wouldn't be Elliot's alternate, but she would be the closest to an analogue that we'll get considering she touched the diamond and ended up with a duplicate. There's also no indication that Justin, Susan, Sarah and Nanase are there, but then in Ellen's second life dreams, we don't see them either and Ellen even states that she never ran into Sarah or Nanase in that life, and considering Nanase is Tedd's cousin, that's pretty jarring to think that second life Tedd never interacted with Nanase, though we can't guarantee to Nanase's alternate would still be Nanase considering we have seen 2 universes with Ellen instead of Elliot.

Ellen's existence depends on when Elliot gets killed.  Why assume that's before Elliot is first turned female?

Nioi is just someone who touched the diamond.  Agreed she's no analogue to Elliot.

It's certainly possible that not all of the Main 8 exist in Lord Tedd's universe but we don't know..  I assume they did because there's no compelling reason to think they didn't.  They may have all existed in Second Life as well but just have incidental contact with Ellen.  The works for everybody but Sarah.  In the primary continuity she had contact with Elliot since childhood.  The Browns may not have met the Dunkels at at the very least...

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm pretty sure Lespuko is the addition to Grace's makeup that was considered the big risk.  And if there's no Damian, why mix Lespuko into shade-Tail?

The rumour of someone attempting to fulfill the prophecy would be enough, to make them create Shade Tail, that other group doesn't necessarily have to succeed in doing so though.

Or maybe because there was a completely different reason to create Shade Tail.

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Why would Shade-Tail and Tedd must have met earlier?  I don't disagree so much as can't follow your reasoning.

If Shade Tail was corrupting Lord Tedd, as Nioi claimed he is, and convinced him to kill his alternate versions. Then Shade Tail and Lord Tedd would have to know each other before Grace even saw the news article about Tedd and the goo, because, as you said Lord Tedd sent the goo that caused Grace to notice Tedd.

16 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Ellen's existence depends on when Elliot gets killed.  Why assume that's before Elliot is first turned female?

It really is dependent on timing, yes, assuming Lord Tedd would Elliot at all. The reason Elliot got zapped in the first place, was not just because Tedd was trying to hide the fact that he turned himself into a girl from Grace, but Magus interfered and caused Tedd to pull the trigger on Elliot, those would be 2 factors that shouldn't exist in Lord Tedd's universe.

There's also the factor that Nioi was supposed to be researching the diamond, and didn't know what would happen if she touched it while enchanted, if that had happened with Elliot in that universe, then they would know about it. If Lord Tedd and Nioi were as close as the evidence suggests, Lord Tedd should have warned her to not handle the diamond while enchanted.

Again, the only information I can go on for a possible explaination is Tedd's dream, in it, he starts off looking younger before he sees the grave, that grave could be Elliot's which would suggest he died when Tedd was younger, maybe before he got a hold of the TFG. Elliot was more or less Tedd's moral compass in the main universe, he was there when Tedd needed someone, so in Lord Tedd's universe, what would Tedd become without Elliot? Who would guide him to make the right choices?

32 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Ellen's existence depends on Elliot in the Moperverse. Ellen has always been Ellen in the Beta universe, and the Second Life universe.

Just thought of something while in the shower, because showers are the best times to think about things of course. ;)

Remember in the Painted Black Special Feature, when Dan talks about how early concept designs of Grace eventually evolved into Susan? What if that's not the only time an idea for one character got transferred to another?

How's this for speculation. Instead of Shade Tail seeking out Lord Tedd like Grace sought out Tedd. What if it was the other way around?

The idea would be that Damien was successfully created, attacked the facility that created Shade Tail, and instead of beating Shade Tail into submission, Shade Tail joined Damien willingly. They went on to attack other places, either freeing other Seyunolus, or subjugating them, while killing humans. Edward (and maybe even Noriko if they never divorced in this universe) attempt to fight them, but are unsuccessful and killed, young Tedd would vow to get revenge on Damien and thus creates the gauntlet using his seer abilities, a few years later Tedd finally confronts Damien with the gauntlet and soundly defeats him. Shade Tail, seeing that Tedd is far superior, pledges loyalty to Tedd and giving Tedd the title of Lord, Shade Tail though is opportunistic and only did so because he could tell that Tedd while powerful, could be easily manipulated so that Shade Tail could continue what he was doing while with Damien.

Basically we'd have Noah's backstory evolve from Lord Tedd's origin story.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Basically we'd have the Noah's backstory evolve from Lord Tedd's origin story.

Noah's from our universe, or at least he was raised in our universe. General Shade Tail and Lord Tedd are from their own universe. Well, they could be from different universes, but there's no reason to assume they aren't from the same universe.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Noah's from our universe, or at least he was raised in our universe. General Shade Tail and Lord Tedd are from their own universe. Well, they could be from different universes, but there's no reason to assume they aren't from the same universe.

No no, I'm not suggesting that Noah is from Lord Tedd's universe, I'm saying, from a story writing perspective, Dan could have taken what he had planned for how Lord Tedd came to be, and applied some of it to Noah's story.

In the main universe, Noah's parents are killed by Damien, and Noah seeks revenge, but is unable to because Grace beats him to it. But in Lord Tedd's universe, maybe it's Tedd's parents who are killed by Damien and so Tedd is the one seeking revenge, and succeeds though the use of the Gauntlet

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The rumour of someone attempting to fulfill the prophecy would be enough, to make them create Shade Tail, that other group doesn't necessarily have to succeed in doing so though.

Or maybe because there was a completely different reason to create Shade Tail.

So the Shady Corporation did something unwise because they thought someone else was doing something unwise?

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If Shade Tail was corrupting Lord Tedd, as Nioi claimed he is, and convinced him to kill his alternate versions. Then Shade Tail and Lord Tedd would have to know each other before Grace even saw the news article about Tedd and the goo, because, as you said Lord Tedd sent the goo that caused Grace to notice Tedd.universe, he was there when Tedd needed someone, so in Lord Tedd's universe, what would Tedd become without Elliot? Who would guide him to make the right choices?

parallel universe events do not need to match up with EGS prime events.  There is no universal clock.  Some universes have time that works a little bit different.

Lord Tedd's world could be running several years ahead of the EGS Prime continuity.  Even 10 or 20. 

Since time travel isn't possible, we have to know that Second Life's timeline is running out ahead of EGS-Prime or Nioi couldn't capture SL-ELeen's life through to graduation and going off to college when EGS-Prime-Ellen's own life was nowhere near there.

44 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There's also the factor that Nioi was supposed to be researching the diamond, and didn't know what would happen if she touched it while enchanted, if that had happened with Elliot in that universe, then they would know about it. If Lord Tedd and Nioi were as close as the evidence suggests, Lord Tedd should have warned her to not handle the diamond while enchanted.

Nioi may have known what it did but made random-chance contact.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Again, the only information I can go on for a possible explaination is Tedd's dream, in it, he starts off looking younger before he sees the grave, that grave could be Elliot's which would suggest he died when Tedd was younger, maybe before he got a hold of the TFG. Elliot was more or less Tedd's moral compass in the main universe, he was there when Tedd needed someone, so in Lord Tedd's universe, what would Tedd become without Elliot? Who would guide him to make the right choices?

I don't have any idea what to think of Tedd's dreams at the moment...

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

What's strange though, is Edward was concerned about national security when William and Gillian went to him for help with the TFG. Sure, Edward said he could trust Tedd to no violate national security, but I doubt that trust would have allowed Tedd to take the TFG to school with him to zap Tony. So for the glasses, either Edward was certain that no one would be able to find out that they were special (which would have been moot should anyone have overheard Tedd explaining the glasses to Susan and Sarah) or they there wasn't anything about them that would cause concern for national security.

It would be enough that noone would be able to find out HOW they are special. The fact Tedd had hard time disabling the X-ray functionality suggests they are hard to modify and possibly hard to disassemble and study as well.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

But I wonder if it'd be possible, maybe through the use of X-ray and other sensors, to render what the person sees in real time so that it would appear that the viewer could see under a person's clothes without magic?

Well ... actually, there is backscatter X-ray ...

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

Then again, being able to stream his recording back home should require a pretty good wireless connection (he couldn't be using the cell towers as there's a chance packets from his glasses could be intercepted, right?) so maybe the technology would be a risk if it ended up in the wrong hands?

The glasses likely use same encryption technology the phones they talk about secret stuff with do.

Still for the other stuff, Carol stated it best that "weird stuff happens here" and while I'd like to believe that no one would think that Tedd's glasses would be out of the ordinary considering other weird stuff, I find it difficult to think that Edward would just let Tedd take sensitive equipment out of the house.

The glasses ARE sensitive no matter if magic or technology, and he DID let Tedd take them out of house. If anything, them being magic might lower the chance anyone would be able to find how they work.

Tedd claimed that he wore the glasses to school to make him look less girly, and I believe that to be genuine, he was also adamant that he hadn't used the x-ray feature in years, I dunno if he ever used it at school or just a couple times at home, I want to believe that he only used it at home and determined it would be a bad idea to use it on anyone else very early, Tedd may have acted like a perv a lot before Grace, but I do believe him when he said...well... all of this.

He just said he didn't used them on SARAH :) Generally, it's possible he didn't used them in school but used them on adults on street.

Possible, though wouldn't it seem weird if there was magic over in that universe and Tedd wasn't a Seer there? Is it possible to have one without the other? I can understand if magic was wide open then Seers might not be as rare or even as dangerous, but if there was magic in the second life universe it didn't look wide open to me, only the fact that Seyunolus coexisted with humans stood out in that universe. Not having Fairy ancestry might be an option, but we recently had the discussion about Genghis Khan and how many people couldn't exist without him. So I dunno how to explain why that universe could be so different.

Tedd may be seer and just NOT KNOW ABOUT IT. Because with Uryuom being in open he didn't get the opportunity to work on TF gun, possibly ...

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Well ... he DID know Edward Verres, obviously ...

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

and considering Nanase is Tedd's cousin, that's pretty jarring to think that second life Tedd never interacted with Nanase

Well, if Nanase isn't in US ... their family might've moved elsewhere, possibly with Noriko or back to Japan.

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

If Shade Tail was corrupting Lord Tedd, as Nioi claimed he is, and convinced him to kill his alternate versions. Then Shade Tail and Lord Tedd would have to know each other before Grace even saw the news article about Tedd and the goo, because, as you said Lord Tedd sent the goo that caused Grace to notice Tedd.

You forgot that the time in those two universes don't need to be synced.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Elliot was more or less Tedd's moral compass in the main universe, he was there when Tedd needed someone, so in Lord Tedd's universe, what would Tedd become without Elliot? Who would guide him to make the right choices?

General Shade Tail, of course. Not the kind of right choices you have in mind, maybe, but ...

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Shade Tail, seeing that Tedd is far superior, pledges loyalty to Tedd and giving Tedd the title of Lord, Shade Tail though is opportunistic and only did so because he could tell that Tedd while powerful, could be easily manipulated so that Shade Tail could continue what he was doing while with Damien.

Alternatively, Shade Tail might genuinely not understand how can one be superior and NOT be similar to Damien. Instead of corrupting him deliberately, he might corrupt him just by defining what is "normal" ... similarly how Elliot didn't deliberately shown Tedd the "right way" but just by being around pointed his moral compass correctly.

Note that Shade Tail would have similar childhood as Grace and therefore big gaps in knowledge. And likely less reasons to attempt to fill those gaps.

12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

So the Shady Corporation did something unwise because they thought someone else was doing something unwise?

I'm still pretty certain that Grace's creation happened before Damien's creation, it's might have taken more time to get the right DNA mix or magic or whatever. Those that created Grace had the experience of creating three other Seyunolus, Grace was less complex than Vlad in terms of number of DNA sources, but adding Lespuko DNA wouldn't have been difficult. The other Group would need to figure out how to create a "Master of Fire" without having the guy spontaneously combust moments after being created.

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

parallel universe events do not need to match up with EGS prime events.  There is no universal clock.  Some universes have time that works a little bit different.

Lord Tedd's world could be running several years ahead of the EGS Prime continuity.  Even 10 or 20. 

Since time travel isn't possible, we have to know that Second Life's timeline is running out ahead of EGS-Prime or Nioi couldn't capture SL-ELeen's life through to graduation and going off to college when EGS-Prime-Ellen's own life was nowhere near there.

Certainly possible, Shade Tail certainly didn't look like a teenager.

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Nioi may have known what it did but made random-chance contact.

According to what Ellen learned after her dreams ended, Nioi didn't know what the diamond really was. "she got careless before studying it... ...and without realizing what it was..." At the very least, she knew the diamond was a magical artifact, but she didn't know what it was supposed to do. She found out pretty quick though.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'm still pretty certain that Grace's creation happened before Damien's creation, it's might have taken more time to get the right DNA mix or magic or whatever. Those that created Grace had the experience of creating three other Seyunolus, Grace was less complex than Vlad in terms of number of DNA sources, but adding Lespuko DNA wouldn't have been difficult. The other Group would need to figure out how to create a "Master of Fire" without having the guy spontaneously combust moments after being created.

To the best of my ability to tell Damian has been depicted as older than Grace.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

He just said he didn't used them on SARAH :) Generally, it's possible he didn't used them in school but used them on adults on street.

I think Tedd mentioning Sarah were hints that Tedd used to have a crush on her. He was basically indirectly calling her sexy. 

Another reason the OT3 should be possible. ;)

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You forgot that the time in those two universes don't need to be synced.

Yeah, I already admitted possibility there.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Alternatively, Shade Tail might genuinely not understand how can one be superior and NOT be similar to Damien. Instead of corrupting him deliberately, he might corrupt him just by defining what is "normal" ... similarly how Elliot didn't deliberately shown Tedd the "right way" but just by being around pointed his moral compass correctly.

Note that Shade Tail would have similar childhood as Grace and therefore big gaps in knowledge. And likely less reasons to attempt to fill those gaps.

True too, if Shade Tail grew up trained to kill, that might be all he knows, and he might equate killing with power and Lord Tedd's power would mean more killing if directed the right way.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think Tedd mentioning Sarah were hints that Tedd used to have a crush on her. He was basically indirectly calling her sexy. 

Having crush is actually good reason to NOT wanting to use X-ray to see her naked. See, when he sees her as potential partner/girlfriend, he is worried about stuff like breaking her trust ; whereas random person on street is, well, random, noone to care about, as anonymous as those models in magazines, and therefore safe to look at.