• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

We may be getting into Poe's Law territory here . . .
  3. Today
  4. Story Friday June 22, 2018

Uh-er, my idea is flourishing (sort of, 1/2, albeit negatively). But hey, easier bag-stuffer? Thine reset, thine reset. When we shut down our computers after using web browsers for so long.
  5. Story Friday June 22, 2018

Regarding Ellen having spell associated with being trans if she would be ... yeah. Seems very obvious in hindsight. Although Magus might not know how magic work in this world ... The explanations MIGHT've been intentionally more verbose ... or more complicated due to limitations ... but regarding the "Tedd mentioned they were hard to understand", it's not like telling it to Will of Magic would give it ABILITY to explain it better, would it? This count as Friday cliffhanger, right? Did Elliot's book also lost weight? I mean, maybe the weight loss is actually related to dragon, not to magic not-a-reset ...
  6. Story Friday June 22, 2018

<Wild speculation> With most of the limitations on spells gone, the entries for newly overpowered spells are very short and simple e.g. "Assume any female form" or "Develop. superpowers". </Wild speculation>
  7. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

Sort of. They are still exactly what they used to be. They are just seen as virtuous by allegedly 'righteous Christians.'
  8. Story Friday June 22, 2018

Before I panic, I think it just that the Will of Magic simplified the explanations after Tedd mentioned they were hard to understand.
  9. Story Friday June 22, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/comic/sister3-296
  10. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

Seven Deadly Virtues?
  11. Story Monday June 18, 2018

Someone should tell them that cathedrals are supposed to be BUILD, not sang.
  12. Story Monday June 18, 2018

As far as the American government is concerned (and I don't need to trouble them with alternative facts) Winchester Cathedral was the number one song in America the week I was born. At least according to Billboard.
  13. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

I think that by now they have been replaced by the Seven Deadly Sins. And in the process, the Sins transmuted into virtues.
  14. Story Monday June 18, 2018

That's not pile, that has recognizable shape
  15. Yesterday
  16. Story Monday June 18, 2018

Not all piles of rocks in Egypt are pyramids. For example, one of them is sort of a kitty-cat.
  17. Story Monday June 18, 2018

Not a pile of rocks in Egypt? It's called pyramid. Seriously, Winchester Cathedral is barely thousand years old.
  18. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

The party hadn't started yet because the others hadn't arrived, by he was at Tedd's on Grace's birthday and had been observing her emotions just prior to attempting to get her to zap Elliot. After failing to do so (Ellen zapped Tedd instead) Helena and Demetrius "chased" him off. If Magus had felt he could come back and observe more (obviously he didn't), he would have heard Ellen talking about here second life experience with Nanase and how she felt about being who she is. Yes, he was there and was chased off. And if you look at the strip I posted, Helena and Demetrius stayed at the party and made sure he did NOT return, which means he did NOT heard Ellen talking about her second life experience or how she felt about being who she is. Seriously, this is one of few cases where we are SURE he was not observing. Not that Ellen would know about that, as I mentioned. Grace told Sarah that a male turned female would have to remain female for several days before pregnancy was possible. Didn't say anything about female turned male though, but I would think that if both had to remain in those forms for several days Grace would have said "both of you would need to stay in your forms for several days before you can start worrying about pregnancy." My guess is either females turned male are ready to go, or they don't take nearly as long to get ready. She SAID several days, however there were speculations here on forum that it's related to the fact males are transformed to females in the phase of uterine cycle just after menstruation and that similarly, females turned males will need as long as sperm develops to be able to get someone pregnant. I'm not sure if anyone known how long that is. ... probably not, given google search claiming sperm takes 2.5-3 months to mature. Anyway, the point is we can't be sure, although I agree that unless Grace wasn't sure herself, it should be less than for males turned females. Many people focus on extremists BECAUSE they are the loudest ones, yes. You call THAT cynical? I think that assuming there are people so stupid they can honestly believe in the cause and STILL sabotage it worse than deliberate trolls is much more cynical. Not so much that men are better, just that the male body is better suited for it, as Magus has said, Terra has beat him in sparring many times and she's female, so she's clearly stronger than Magus despite Magus being in a male body, BUT Magus felt that Terra could be even more stronger if she was to take a male body as well. Yes, however my point was that it was not magic itself male bodies are better for, but fight, including fight with magic. Although Magus was specifically talking about upper body strength ... Or like taking the KKK as an example of the beliefs of Christianity. As if KKK would be only group claiming to be Christian and directly violating basic Christian values (and 10 commandments, although as I understand those are not supposed to be core of Christianity now). Probably. Would need to be tested. Genomic imprinting is not completely understood, there might be some unknown mechanism (part of or similar to genomic imprinting) which would sabotage such reproduction. After all, Uryuom egg needs enough DNA from at least two sources and we don't know if this safety feature is part of Uryuom egg or works independently as well. Also note that while apparently still called parthenogenesis, it would be recombination of genes from two different reproductive cells with different subset of parent DNA, so the result wouldn't be clone. Statistically, from the gene variety point of view, it would be even WORSE.
  19. Things That Make You Happy

It's a matter of personal taste. Understand that from the plant's point of view, the purpose of capsaicin, piperine, or allyl isothiocyanate (the "hot" components of peppers, peppercorns, and radishes*, respectively) is to make the various fruits undesirable to non-preferred consumers. Which, for capsaicin and piperine, are mammals. (Radishes, there are no preferred consumers - they hate everybody. But then, the allegedly-edible part of a radish is a root, not a fruit.) The seeds have a very low survival rate when they are chewed on by mammalian grinding teeth and then pass through a mammalian herbivore's digestive tract. Fruit-eating birds, on the other hand, will mostly pass the seeds through unharmed and then deposit them - possibly far away - in a nice little dollop of fertilizer. * A whole radish doesn't actually contain any allyl isothiocyanate. It contains two other chemicals** kept in separate compartments in each cell. When the radish is cut, crushed, ground, chewed, or otherwise damaged, this separation breaks down and the two chemicals react with each other to produce the spicy chemical. ** Yes, chemicals. I know it's a bad word in some circles, and you should never eat anything with chemicals in it. But the only thing chemical-free is hard vacuum. Like maybe you might find in the void between galactic superclusters, and I wouldn't bet overly strongly on even that. Oh, also, every living organism on this planet is the result of 2-4 billion years of random genetic modification of at least four different causes - radiation, chemicals, viruses, and sexual reproduction - so the only non-GMO food is salt.
  20. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

There are - on pretty much every fringe - people perfectly willing to dictate numerous details of how everyone else MUST live, usually in the name of letting people be free to live as they like. (You can buy any color Ford model T you like, so long as you like black.) The let's-eliminate-males-so-women-can-live-as-they-like fringe of feminism does exist, I've seen it, and I consider it just as immoral and slightly less realistic as the let's-eliminate-homosexuals crowd. While I've never seen parthenogenesis explicitly promoted as preferable, the possibility is a high-probability side effect of devising means by which women can reproduce without men. I would love for there to be options for lesbian couples to have children that are biologically theirs, not one-of-theirs-plus-someone-else's. Even parthenogenesis for women with exceptionally large egos. And the same thing for males, although that obviously poses certain additional difficulties. However, I don't think anyone other than the people involved should be compelled to pay for it, nor should other options be eliminated. (In the EGSverse, with the TFG and artificial insemination - or instead of AI, in-vitro fertilization and possibly a host-mother - pretty much anyone is capable of parthenogenesis.)
  21. Things you have no idea how to feel about

I know, right. I mean, it sucks to be them and all that. But if they hadn't been noisy and annoying, they wouldn't have been evicted.
  22. Story Monday June 18, 2018

Not a pile of rocks in Egypt?
  23. Things you have no idea how to feel about

Just found out that the noisy next door/other part of the house neighbours have been evicted. This makes me way happier than it should.
  24. What Are You Ingesting?

Went to El Caballo de Oro for lunch. Had the "Carnitas" (spelling?) which is pork. Quite good.
  25. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

Or like taking the KKK as an example of the beliefs of Christianity.
  26. NP Wednesday Jun 20, 2018

You never played pokemon? In the game, training basically consist of sending your pokemon against weaker monsters so it can get experience in fighting. Also from my understanding, the moment you and your rival pick your starter, the rival initiates a battle. So we can blame Bubbles for starting this fight.
  27. Story Monday June 18, 2018

If I wanted an avatar based on my age, I would have put up a picture of Winchester Cathedral.
  28. Story, Wednesday, Jun 20, 2018

The party hadn't started yet because the others hadn't arrived, by he was at Tedd's on Grace's birthday and had been observing her emotions just prior to attempting to get her to zap Elliot. After failing to do so (Ellen zapped Tedd instead) Helena and Demetrius "chased" him off. If Magus had felt he could come back and observe more (obviously he didn't), he would have heard Ellen talking about here second life experience with Nanase and how she felt about being who she is. Grace told Sarah that a male turned female would have to remain female for several days before pregnancy was possible. Didn't say anything about female turned male though, but I would think that if both had to remain in those forms for several days Grace would have said "both of you would need to stay in your forms for several days before you can start worrying about pregnancy." My guess is either females turned male are ready to go, or they don't take nearly as long to get ready. There are extremists in all groups, and sadly many people focus on those when referring to said group. The loudest ones, while there may be few, still create the image. Also, is it bad that I've become cynical to think that many of the loud speakers are trolls trying to sabotage groups who are honestly trying to do good things? Not so much that men are better, just that the male body is better suited for it, as Magus has said, Terra has beat him in sparring many times and she's female, so she's clearly stronger than Magus despite Magus being in a male body, BUT Magus felt that Terra could be even more stronger if she was to take a male body as well.
  1. Load more activity