• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Things you have no idea how to feel about

What I need to do is go through the available phones with Mrs. Prof after she's done with her class today. She only had about 7 minutes to do the whole thing, including a search for her AT&T login. We need to figure out was a generation or two back and see if we can afford it.
  3. Today
  4. Loudmouth's Journey Inside

They may shuffle who hangs out where as they get settled in. Heck, they may occasionally change it up even once they're best buds. As long as they're not fighting over the prime spots, let them sort it out amongst themselves.
  5. Things you have no idea how to feel about

How about a refurbished older phone, either Android or iPhone? You don't have to use cutting-edge when the next generation or two back was cutting-edge just a couple of years ago!
  6. Loudmouth's Journey Inside

I don't know if we've got a problem or not. Baker usually spends the day in the window hammock, as documented here. Well, Loudmouth's there now, and Baker is sleeping on an armoire next to it. Loudmouth is breathing rather quickly and his pupils are narrow slits. EDIT: False alarm. Overprotective pet caretaker.
  7. Things you have no idea how to feel about

Mrs. Prof is playing roadblock again. I have a Windows Phone. An unsupported Nokia Lumia 1020 phone. It's almost good for nothing, now that spammers have found my number. All I can really do with it is SMS and take photos. I'd kind of like to move into the Android era. Mrs. Prof says why. You never use what you've got. This is partially true. There is a dearth of apps available, and the ones available I don't use, mainly because they're not compatible with anything anymore. Maybe I'd use them if they were more compatible. I don't know. The only way to find out is to get a phone and see if I use it. You don't need a cutting edge phone, Mrs. Prof says. That's about all that's available that uses Android. You don't need a cutting edge phone, she says again. Maybe an iPhone- YOU DON'T NEED AN iPHONE! All right, all right already. I have to go back to my online class, she says. She'll be gone for four hours. Sigh. I'll never get past this roadblock.
  8. Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

The hospital called today about the psychiatric tests I had last week. They said doctor sent a letter to my pain doctor and recommended that I get psychological counseling. I asked if this jeopardized the implant. They said no. I think. They woke me up, so I had to ask a couple of times. I've got a "case manager" through Blue Cross. Once I'm able to drive again, it might be time to talk to her about finding a nearby psychologist.
  9. Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

Actually, while fixing them will help, it won't magically make all conflict vanish. It can still be difficult to introduce a new cat to a spayed female cat, even if she has been spayed for years and used to share the household with two other cats. (Ask me how I know....) The benefits to the kitten of being an indoor cat far outweigh being exposed to an older female cat who doesn't seem to want to have much to do with her in the first place. In the wild, once the kitten is weaned, she has to leave to make way for the next litter, so trying to keep momma and baby together is unnatural and can be quite stressful, maybe even dangerous.
  10. Loudmouth's Journey Inside

Back to square one on the hairball food. Loudmouth barfed dry food today, which shouldn't happen. Good thing we've got other food on its way from Chewy.com to test. Meanwhile, we gave him a dose of the prescription goop to help with the hairball.
  11. Things You Find Amusing

Ni!
  12. Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

One of my more morbid creations to Duke Nukem 3D had to do with a misspelling of ASPCA. (NOTE: Don't click if you're an animal lover. You'll be offended.)
  13. Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

The spay/neuter process will do it. Once the hormones are gone, the competition reflex will stop and they'll stop fighting. However, I still believe it's safer to keep the kitten inside, especially with fall here and winter approaching.
  14. Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

I must be so tired still. I was staring at that ASPCA and for some reason I got 'Animal Society of Creative Anachronisms' from it -- I have no idea where the P went in my befogged mind. And now I am wondering what the ASCA is and what it does. Maybe it is the place where T. rexes, velociraptors, sabre-toothed tigers, mammoths and similar extinct animals go hold support meetings, between participating in movies where they trample, squish and eat very stupid humans.
  15. Trail Camera and Other Nature Images

Ah, well, Baby Cat weighed in at exactly one pound last week at the vet, so it's still a few weeks early. Well, what I really meant was, what can I do to stop Mama Cat from attacking Baby Cat other than keeping the two of them from ever meeting again?
  16. What Are You Ingesting?

An Australian packet stew. Continental Beef and Red Wine Casserole Recipe Base. Mrs. Prof had tonight off, so we cooked dinner together. I made the casserole on the stovetop, using plain old stew meat, while she mixed a salad packet and microwaved a frozen mashed cauliflower dish that tasted like very good (but a bit runny) mashed potatoes. The whole thing reminded me of a slightly sweet curry, but with onions and mushrooms instead of curry vegetables. Recommended.
  17. Things that make you worried.

There is a 32-bit subsection of the 64-bit version. My wife is still having trouble, even though she had the 64-bit version. Watch your version number more than your bit-depth.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Things You Find Amusing

My wife's relationship with her cat Saki:
  20. Star Trek DS9 versus B5

Zahn is entitled to a critical worldbuilding fumble...
  21. Story, Wednesday September 13, 2017

Do you mean that the Will of Magic is absolutely going to change how Marks work? Do you mean that Marks are a part of the rules that could be changed? Or something else? ... I meant it mathematically. The rule is part of set. The set will change on reset. That doesn't necessary mean the specific rule will change, but makes that possible. I would think that people that have marks would lose them in a system change and so an Immortal would have to remark a person again. ... and I would say it's likely, as too many marked people (by Pandora) might be one of the last drops before the rule change (although not completely last, THAT would be the vampire attack). I was mainly pointing out that Cheerleadra would NOT act like a phone without Elliot having that phone in pocket while transforming.
  22. Star Trek DS9 versus B5

The lizards disruption force ARE present in The Thawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn.
  23. Story, Monday September 25, 2017

Maybe Cheerleadra will be needed immediately when they get there. .... poor Ashley.
  24. Story, Wednesday September 13, 2017

Sure. Because that is the way to bet. Tedd doesn't *know* he will lose his Mark, it's just 99.999% likely. But the Will of Magic could do things differently. "Nothing is impossible for magic..."
  25. Story, Wednesday September 13, 2017

Given that Tedd was worried about deciding what gender to be if magic change, even he must have felt that he'd lose the mark that would allow him to switch back and forth.
  26. Story, Wednesday September 13, 2017

That was my first thought too, but people with existing Marks could get grandfathered in, especially if Marks or something like them exist in the new magic ruleset. Given how Pandora and Voltaire abused their privilege to Mark people in Moperville, The Will of Magic could drop the concept of Marks entirely.
  27. Story, Wednesday September 13, 2017

I would think that people that have marks would lose them in a system change and so an Immortal would have to remark a person again.
  28. Star Trek DS9 versus B5

I tend to look down on extended continuity like this. Many novels are of questionable quality control and editorial oversight. I worked on the ill-fated Babylon 5 game for Sierra On-Line . I had to read all 9 Babylon 5 novels that were out by 1998. I have limited respect for any of them and outright dislike for most of them. Including the one written by Mrs. JMS. That said, there are exceptions to the rule. Trek novels had John Ford, Star Wars novels had Timothy Zahn and Babylon 5 novels had Peter David. We just need to remember that they are exceptions. One of the few good things that came from Lucas' contempt for anything besides what he was doing at that exact moment is we can safely ignore Force-disrupting lizards if we don't like them.
  1. Load more activity