• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Let's not assume that in a universe with magic, magic isn't part of every human. We've never seen Sirleck use anything like a spell yet, so it seems reasonable to assume he's never had a host with usable magic Such assumption would be provably false as Tedd specifically said normal person has next to none spell resistance. Ellen having higher resistance might be more plausible rather than the idea of having memories from multiple people, sure the memories might be confusing, especially in the case of Second Life Ellen, but they're still just memories.
  3. Today
  4. NP Wednesday November 22, 2017

The sentence was likely "But Rhoda always acts like this when part animal".
  5. NP Wednesday November 22, 2017

So when has Rhoda spent time in a dog form? Catalina does cat forms...
  6. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

You're ascribing Ashley with Susan/Diane levels of deductive ability here.... Also very good memory. She may not remember what Tara said exactly now ... in fact, her comment about "Princess power" might be more "not remembering exactly" than "telling it in funny way". That means he must have manipulated Grace since she was the one that did the searching and found out about the diamond. As I said: Maybe he didn't and was just lucky Grace did what he suggested. On the other hand ... More like a side effect. Mood-altering drugs come with them, so why not mood-altering spells? Extreme honesty has been a feature of Ashley's from the beginning, and also courage. Remember, she was running toward the center of the mall, exactly the opposite from what Elliot told her to do so she would be safe. Telling Magus and especially Sirleck the Vampire she hoped they would die horrible deaths if they didn't leave Elliot and Ellen safe fits both of those qualities. And I don't think it's an accident Dan didn't have Ashley say anything about her own safety. There is also that bit that Ashley is not mind controlled in traditional sense. Magus did specific alteration on her and has no additional control - it could easily make Ashley more dangerous to him. It's the situation which makes calm person "safer" - namely the fact that calm person is unlikely to do something which has low chance of success. Susan is explaining that the pheromones stop being given off after a while; Ellen might never have had any because Elliot might have stopped giving them off before he touched the Dewitchery Diamond. This doesn't mean that Elliot never had them. Exactly. My thinking as well. In fact I began to suspect that when Sirleck/Ellen avoided the racoon in the road. Sirleck may have blamed Ellen's muscle memory, but unless Ellen has had to dodge a lot of things in the road I wouldn't expect her body to react to something in the road through muscle memory alone; I would think that some part of her mind (maybe conscious, maybe subconscious) would have to make the judgment "this is a thing I do not want to run into/over" first (even if that judgment is made in a split second). I was already commenting that Sirleck must be using more of Ellen's brain than just muscle memory. One possibility: Ellen is magically created. It gives her an advantage with energy buildups; it might also give her an edge when it comes to magic resistance. What Mr. Verres says in the second panel on this page seems to support that. Sirleck had many hosts, but we don't know if ANY of them was awakened. Elliot's magic resistance was better than average person even back when he was "just" trained ASMA. So, Ellen is awakened AND created by magic. ... also, Sirleck might felt his hosts having some reactions before and might just be confused because he doesn't realise what Magus is saying would make Ellen angry. Let's not assume that in a universe with magic, magic isn't part of every human. We've never seen Sirleck use anything like a spell yet, so it seems reasonable to assume he's never had a host with usable magic Such assumption would be provably false as Tedd specifically said normal person has next to none spell resistance. I would however not suppose this would mean trouble to Magus ; Magus is using entirely different method of control AND has more experience with magic. And unlike Sirleck, we got NO hint that his control might be slipping. Also, no matter how funny could Heidi taking over be, she's NOT ACTIVE now. Unless Magus casts the secret identity form spell, we won't have chance to see what their modified personalities do to him. (I would however assume that they wouldn't allow Elliot to take over - they will simply affect Magus the same way they affect Elliot.) Finally, note that there is possibility Elliot wouldn't resist because he agrees with Magus plan.
  7. NP Wednesday November 22, 2017

Except Susan is NOT resisting consciously. She's resisting subconsciously just fine. I would add that Hanma said she had trouble with the effect, which can mean she was unable to actually implement the increase. Calling it "complicated effects" also mean that other effects are simpler and likely don't increase at all. However ... it is possible that her original idea was EXACTLY the insidious mind control Pharaoh RutinTutin is suggesting ... for balance, of course.
  8. Story, Monday November 20, 2017

I find more likely that Lord Tedd is doing the selecting in very nonrandom way, leaving just Magus and Terra as truly random ... and maybe not even that, as there may be some reason why Magus ended on world where his alternate exists. Note however, that there may be some correlations - like, universe with recognizable Tedd may have high probability of Elliot's existence. Or maybe all universes with Tedd and no Elliot have Tedd so withdrawn he doesn't need to be targeted (Lord Tedd universe is exception because Elliot WAS there).
  9. Yesterday
  10. NP Wednesday November 22, 2017

That's not how I interpret it. As explained in the Nov 16 strip (and again in a slightly less confusing manner in that strip's commentary), while under the effects of the Ditzy card, the player may play multiple cards of the same type at once (which is not normally allowed); only one goes into effect but all of them are counted as used, allowing the player to buy expensive squares with only a single transformation. In light of that, I interpret what Hanma is saying here to be that each time the player makes use of the Ditzy card's effect to play multiple cards of the same type at once, the level of ditzyness of the "role" they are being pushed to perform increases. It does not, however, become any harder to resist. The commentary does suggest that if (and that's a big "if") Susan grows more comfortable with acting ditzy (and thus stops resisting as hard), she'll automatically act more in line with the ditzy "role". However, this is unrelated to the increase in ditzyness caused by using the card's ability, and as far as we've seen the card isn't designed to make the player grow more comfortable with it. Furthermore, even if she does become comfortable enough to play along completely she'll still be aware of how the card is affecting her, and she can still resist it just as easily if a reason comes up to do so. (One potentially insidious side of this would be if once you fully accepted the act you would no longer think of new reasons to resist the act, but this seems to run counter to how Elliot's secret identities work, and apparently the "roleplaying" aspect of the card works the same way as Secret Identity Spells.)
  11. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Let's not assume that in a universe with magic, magic isn't part of every human. We've never seen Sirleck use anything like a spell yet, so it seems reasonable to assume he's never had a host with usable magic, or a host who isn't entirely a native of the Moperverse.
  12. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

she just has the memories of that Ellen, she herself had never been or came from there, she wouldn't have multiple consciousnesses from it.
  13. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

It could be Second Life Ellen. The Second Life universe could have different magic than the Moperverse. Sirleck may not be able to sense Ellen's consciousness because of that difference.
  14. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

She's a magical duplicate of Elliot?
  15. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

It occurs to me that maybe Sirleck is outnumbered. Ellen has two personalities blended together inside her, the one based on Elliot and the one based on Second-Life Ellen. Maybe this also will apply to Magus; Elliot does have those three alter-egos that are quite different. Raise your hand if you'd like to see Heidi taking over.
  16. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

One possibility: Ellen is magically created. It gives her an advantage with energy buildups; it might also give her an edge when it comes to magic resistance. What Mr. Verres says in the second panel on this page seems to support that.
  17. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Susan is explaining that the pheromones stop being given off after a while; Ellen might never have had any because Elliot might have stopped giving them off before he touched the Dewitchery Diamond. This doesn't mean that Elliot never had them. My thinking as well. In fact I began to suspect that when Sirleck/Ellen avoided the racoon in the road. Sirleck may have blamed Ellen's muscle memory, but unless Ellen has had to dodge a lot of things in the road I wouldn't expect her body to react to something in the road through muscle memory alone; I would think that some part of her mind (maybe conscious, maybe subconscious) would have to make the judgment "this is a thing I do not want to run into/over" first (even if that judgment is made in a split second). It's strange though; Sirleck presumably has had many hosts over the years, so you'd think he'd know if his subjects were aware (and maybe even able to fight back) while he was possessing them. If so, why is Ellen different from his previous hosts?
  18. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Yeah, but then again, he is quite aware of her being past her reset time and having difficulty keeping her composure, and having seen her appear on TV shortly after the attack on Ellen, and the fact that she's responsible for the energy clog and marking numerous people and bringing Magic soo close to changing for everyone. Maybe we'll find Tedd trying to convince Ellen that Pandora just made some mistakes herself, though I don't think he'd say they were the best mistakes, that might not fly a second time.
  19. Story, Monday November 20, 2017

If the actual universes in the Multiverse were "selected" at random from all the possibilities, then the chances of anyone having an alternate in another universe would be slim. However the fact that we know Elliot and Tedd have alternates in almost every alternate world we've seen (as of the confirmation of Magus and Terra being alternates of them, the only alternate world we know anything about they haven't been confirmed to be in is the Griffon's world, and that isn't even an entirely separate world) suggests that either a significant number of the EGS universes were "selected" from a group of fairly similar possibilities or that there is some force making those two extremely likely to be born. ...In the process of composing this post I realized that the only other people besides Elliot and Tedd we've seen in more than one canon universe are Nioi/Kaoli and the original human Grace (and possibly "Shade Tail", though personally I don't think our Grace and General Shade Tail count as alternates) - and each of those we've only seen in two worlds. Furthermore, realistically speaking, the differences between the worlds we've seen are great enough that it would be strange for the same people to be born in them. Now I'm starting to suspect maybe there really is something special about Elliot and Tedd...
  20. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Honestly? I think Tedd would be more than a little angry, too. Pandora may find herself called to account for her actions by her great-godson/daughter before this is over.
  21. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

It definitely seems like "My existence is due to some bored Immortal jerking around Elliot's alternate?" kind of revelation. But hey, at least Tedd's completely off the hook now....right? Though I'm not sure Tedd would feel right with having "those were the best mistakes I ever made" changed to "I was manipulated by my Grand Godmother into creating Ellen"
  22. Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

Nonetheless, it is a good thing that we've had you around for another year, for which I am duly grateful. If it makes you feel better, I turn 52 in a few months. (My wife turned 46 earlier this year. For various personal reasons this depressed her. It cheered her somewhat when I told her that she would be the envy of half the States for going from 45 to 46 before the rest of them did.)
  23. NP Wednesday November 22, 2017

Big talk from the Pharaoh who ruled an entire kingdom based on his subjects' belief that he was a living god.
  24. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

It seems that Ellen is somehow more aware of what is going on than Sirleck and Magus think. Her pulse rate started to quicken as Magus related the plan Pandora had compelled him to follow. I wonder if this is leading up to a "You wouldn't want me to get angry" moment. These have been known to snap or at least temporarily suspend mental control. I am in agreement with this; it seems logical to me.
  25. Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

12:32 p.m. CST 20171122. I turned 54 since my last update. Don't think it helped. The past couple of days have been difficult. I've been laid out and sleeping for most of the time. Not much to do during the time, but I could have come up with something if I'd been awake. Pain, headaches, and a sore throat have made that next to impossible. Add to that a cluster of little blisters on my right knee that came from who knows where and you can see why I've had trouble with the past couple of days. Geez, one thing at a time, please! At least I'm up today. I'm not very functional beyond checking e-mail and updating add-ons (NoScript is out for Firefox Quantum! Yay!), but I'm going to try and push it. Let's find out what happens.
  26. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

We're talking about someone who formulated and executed a way to get Tara to stop chasing Elliot. And also suggested to Nanase that Elliot's Cheerleadra form might count as a separate person when creating a Fair Doll. She's not dumb, and it's not like she is figuring this out herself, Magus is telling her about Ellen's origins, so my previous statement is more of a hindsight "So that's why the griffin thought she was oddly different" thing. Diane wouldn't have enough information to make that deduction though, all she has is Tara's statement, and Ellen's "no offense meant to Elliot..." statement, if she were to learn about the Dewitchery Diamond though, I wouldn't doubt that things would click into place for her. Assuming they work by messing with brain chemistry, they more or less have to. Even Magus said it was a known side effect of the spell, my guess is the calmness inhibits the ability to filter what a person wants to say, Ashley might still have thought about that comment normally but would have held it back because it's a rude and horrible thing to say, but since the dislike of that phrase is emotional there isn't anything holding her back from saying it.
  27. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

Assuming they work by messing with brain chemistry, they more or less have to.
  28. Story: Wed Nov 22 2017

More like a side effect. Mood-altering drugs come with them, so why not mood-altering spells? Extreme honesty has been a feature of Ashley's from the beginning, and also courage. Remember, she was running toward the center of the mall, exactly the opposite from what Elliot told her to do so she would be safe. Telling Magus and especially Sirleck the Vampire she hoped they would die horrible deaths if they didn't leave Elliot and Ellen safe fits both of those qualities. And I don't think it's an accident Dan didn't have Ashley say anything about her own safety.
  1. Load more activity