• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Nov 16, 2023

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Spell Legos!

"L  E  G  O  S  . . . Happy?"

Just for what it's worth, The Lego company says you should call them Lego Bricks, not just Legos.  This is widely ignored by the general public.

That aside, I'm not sure I understand the difference between combining 2 spells or casting 2 spells as one spell. But then again, I'm not a magic user, much less a seer.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just for what it's worth, The Lego company says you should call them Lego Bricks, not just Legos.  This is widely ignored by the general public.

That aside, I'm not sure I understand the difference between combining 2 spells or casting 2 spells as one spell. But then again, I'm not a magic user, much less a seer.

I have never been a general (I briefed one, once), but I am part of the public.

I know the Lego corporate stance on 'Legos' vs "Lego Building Blocks', but have you noticed that everybody calls them Legos anyway, and if you do call them Legos, people know what you mean, it does not lead to confusion. The price of success, I'd say.

If the Lego Police show up at my door, I suppose I will need to comply. Not the little police Minifigs, actual Lego Police.

I attended a mini-Comic Con recently, and there was a decently brisk trade in Lego Minifigs. There were three or four vendors that had them, and they were drawing somewhat larger numbers of customers than the average booth. I made no such purchases, but I have to admit, it was tempting.

I am also a fan of the long out of production Tycos aka Tyco Building Blocks that were interchangeable with Legos. I gather this is a minority position. They were well made and had some innovative designs; sad to see them no longer available. Their version of Minifigs were not as good, though.

I am curious why /me did not raise the customary objection?