Story April 5, 2010

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Maddie Mondale

Maddie Mondale

The Angriest Marine

• Members
  • 1,460 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, EVE Online, RTS games, and FPS games.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

http://www.egscomics...date=2010-04-05

Raven returns! :D And Elliot and Ellen discuss Noah.

Elite Valkyrie of the Order of the Bunny. I have a blog.

Posted Image

#2 Shadox-Miyazaki

Shadox-Miyazaki

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:comics, books, games, music, etc..

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Wait, does this mean he lives with raven?? o_o
http://webcomx.net/quiz/
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Who wants to come play the "Mybrute" game with us? ^^;
http://shadox-miyazaki.mybrute.com
Battleforge in-game Name: Shadora
Trickster in-game Name: pyroShadox
my Brawl Code: 2406-5710-0232 (tell me if you want to be added.. ^^; )

#3 WR...S

WR...S

Supreme 910 Reader

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

...not 100% ruling out transgirl.

If so, thank God for living in a universe with better means to correct.

#4 The Old Hack

The Old Hack

Pundit of Pedantry

• Moderators
  • 5,640 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Girl Genius

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

O_O

Noah shows both eyes... possibly due to relaxing instead of being on guard?

And Raven is there? Well, not the hugest of surprises there, but still enough to rattle me!

O_O

Nice strip!
"I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right." -- Gil Grissom, CSI

Courtesy rules for the EGS forums may be found here

#5 MidorLune

MidorLune

Supreme 910 Reader

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Perhaps Raven was appointed as his legal guardian. If that note in the second-to-last panel is literal, then Noah would have needed someone to enable him to hold his parent's estate, at least until he turns 18. Barring any living relatives, a teacher in good standing would've made a good choice.

#6 Manda

Manda

910 Reader

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

EHEHEHEHE Noah. :D

Also, after squinting at his eyes for a moment, the left eye IS different from the right, in the same way Archie's is! Hard to tell with it not in color, but I think it's heterochromia?

...There's enough of a difference between Noah and Archie that Ellen hasn't noticed? o_O I mean, we have precedence for alternates being very different from each other (usually in gender, but Ellen mentioned once that SL Ted started off shorter and ended up taller than our Ted), but seriously, even if it turns out they're unrelated (which I doubt), Noah still resembles Archie. I would have liked SOME kind of indication that Ellen noticed this, she's not blind -- even an uncertain facial expression or something would have been nice.
I ship Noah x Justin, Justin x Elliot, Elliot x Noah...

Posted Image

#7 ritchywolf

ritchywolf

910 Reader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Initially, I thought this implied that Noah lives with Raven. I mean, the possibility is still there, but I think Raven's there because he's giving Noah lessons on magic. Or else the narration would say Raven and Noah's home.
And Noah's expression in Panel 6...what is he, in love?

#8 Rognik

Rognik

Super 910 Reader

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

O_O

Noah shows both eyes... possibly due to relaxing instead of being on guard?

And there's no mark there that I can see. Dang it! No points for me.

I could tell this page was the alst of the arc long before the commentary. For one thing, it breaks the Elliot narration. Then there's the fact that Raven learns about Elliot, which may get suspicious when he stares at Elliot through his fingers.

Initially, I thought this implied that Noah lives with Raven. I mean, the possibility is still there, but I think Raven's there because he's giving Noah lessons on magic. Or else the narration would say Raven and Noah's home.

Not if it's meant to be a surprise. Stick with the "jury is out" status.

Finally, I didn't take that close a look at the left eye until just now. It looks just like Archie's left eye, with the second pupil dot or whatever that is. I think that supports the alternate universe version theory.

#9 Youwillneverknow

Youwillneverknow

The Bunny with Scales

• Members
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

Wow, just Wow, I get too see Noah's Eye and I get to see how Raven is doing. It appears that Noah is working with Raven to find potentials, possibly for Raven's army, so I foresee that Raven will be finding an excuse to visit Ellen in the future so he can check on Elliot.

This opens up a new line of predictions, Noah is also a half immortal and thats why Raven can interact with him. like he is now
2000 Strips Slain
Erepublik: The New World Order
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
THE GOLD IS FOR THE CHILDREN-BELLE BONNET

#10 Evil Midnight Lurker

Evil Midnight Lurker

910 Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

Is no one at all willing to speculate that Noah is Raven's son? ^.^

#11 benkenobi5

benkenobi5

Super 910 Reader

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

is it out of the question to assume that Raven is Noah's father?

*ninja'd by the lurker*
it was my first impression that they are father and son. it seems to fit.
Now you're all on the ground, wondering where your balls have gone off to
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 The Old Hack

The Old Hack

Pundit of Pedantry

• Moderators
  • 5,640 posts
  • Favorite Comic:Girl Genius

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Well, Noah did say earlier that his parents were no longer among the living, so unless this is back to the 'Raven is a vampire' theory, well... :dan_shifty:
"I'm wrong all the time. It's how I get to right." -- Gil Grissom, CSI

Courtesy rules for the EGS forums may be found here

#13 Youwillneverknow

Youwillneverknow

The Bunny with Scales

• Members
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

He stated that his are no longer alive, so it seems doubtful that Raven could be Noah's father
2000 Strips Slain
Erepublik: The New World Order
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
THE GOLD IS FOR THE CHILDREN-BELLE BONNET

#14 Torgamus

Torgamus

Avid 910 Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Is no one at all willing to speculate that Noah is Raven's son? ^.^

Note Noah's previous revelation - "my parents would still be alive." Parents. As in more than one. Therefore Raven can't be one of his parents.

Unless Noah was conceived via Uryuoum egg...
Posted Image

#15 benkenobi5

benkenobi5

Super 910 Reader

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

wow... how did I forget that? it was posted less than a week ago, lol

that's it. I need sleep, dammit
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Kyr

Kyr

One of Nothing

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:The many masks we wear, and why we wear them.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

Other reactions... Ellen's being obnoxious with this one. Way to harass the stick-in-the-mud right after he makes some progress, you silly person. On a probably entirely unrelated note, the first bit of dialogue in the first panel came across as disbelief aimed at romantic developments... one wonders if it was intentional.

Finally: more screen-time for Raven? Yes, please!

Battle/LBM Index - Fighter Profiles

Proud member of the Eldritch Inheritors

#17 benkenobi5

benkenobi5

Super 910 Reader

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

On a probably entirely unrelated note, the first bit of dialogue in the first panel came across as disbelief aimed at romantic developments... one wonders if it was intentional.

I also noticed that Noah's expression in panel 6 appeared remarkably similar to the wistful daydreamings of fairytale princesses, thinking about their knights in shining armor...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Patrick

Patrick

910 Reader

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

Note Noah's previous revelation - "my parents would still be alive." Parents. As in more than one. Therefore Raven can't be one of his parents.

Unless Noah was conceived via Uryuoum egg...

Ah, but Raven is old. It is possible that he is Noah's grandparent or even further back in the family tree. Need to check the archives to see if he ever had children. Of course Raven is also half human, so Noah could be a descendant of Raven's father's fully human children if they exist.

All Raven would need to be would be to pose as Noah's uncle which given his appearance is easy to claim.

#19 Omegaclawe

Omegaclawe

The Abyss's soft, loving gaze

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Steam Profile:Omegaclawe
  • XBox Live:Omegaclawe

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
Can't believe I'm the first to do this here

Well, it appears that, unlike Nanase, Ellen, and Grace, Noah does not find Raven creepy. Of course, Noah being odd as is, that doesn't say a whole lot about Raven's character. Furthermore, either Raven is directly tutoring him or he's taken up legal guardianship, though I honestly doubt they are related. Also, judging by this, Noah probably has magic of some sort he can control. My guess is that he wasn't "going all out" for fear of exposing this power, much like Elliot.

Eyes do look slightly different, now that you mention it, but it is entirely possible that that is an unintended asymmetry... but then why would he bother to show us that eye? Were this in color, we could probably be sure, until then, we just nuke it from orbit, it's the only way.

You know, for only being separate people for... what, 2 months? Elliot and Ellen are really quite different, and I don't think Elliot's particularly happy about it. Sure, Ellen is flaunting her individuality, but Elliot keeps changing "you" and "I" to "us" and "we" when referring to themselves... I think Elliot wanted the completely identical twin.

#20 Demicus_Maximus

Demicus_Maximus

Interdimentional Reality Bender

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Science,

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

O.o And Noah's character gets stranger...

Noah could indeed be Archie's alternative. I mean, if he is hiding antennae somewhere, that long hair could easily hide them (as Archie had his in the back anyway, and they were "fuzzier" looking than Grace's)

That would explain how Noah is so fast. It would also help explain how he is so stealthy in the NP strips he appears in alongside Tedd.

It also goes a long way twoards explaining Raven's interest. Raven has already been shown to be able to sense magical ability, so it stands to reason that he can detect power in Noah. And as we already know, Raven seems to "collect" people of power or promise and... well... do... something? That part isnt clear yet, but we do know that he does it.

There are a few holes though. For one, Archie is much more outgoing than Noah. Granted, alternates aren't EXACT copies of their main universe counterparts, but thats a pretty big difference in my opinion, considering how similer Tedd and Ellen were to their main universe counterparts in the same universe. Two, if he IS biologically like Archie and part alien, then why would he hide that? He's already stated a desire to NOT hide things, which seems to point to him being a mere human. And why is he seemingly MORE feminine than ever before? That doesn't fit in with the Archie theroy at all, nor does it explain his relationship with... well... anyone!

.....whew.....

All this having been said, the only definative conclusion I can reach is that there are no answers in this update. Only more questions.

Dan's probabally laughing as we all run anound like ants with our hive kicked over... ^^
Posted Image
"So what if it seems hopeless? Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honor as SOLDIER."
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users