• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Saturday December 11, 2021

https://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/jestful-08

This as-of-yet unnamed Speech Teacher has some serious frecklage

I wonder if she's related to Howdy Doody?

- - - - - - 

But putting that aside, can we discuss her outrageous demand that students in a Speech class speak in front of the class?

I like her glow-like-a-light-bulb superpower, but can she see when her eyes turn large and white?

In other respects, she seems like an unreasoning self absorbed twit. Bear in mind, she's teaching upperclassmen, who tend toward being reasonable. If this were middle school, her demeanor would make more sense.

I guess Grace gets to test her voice cue prefixes next.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This as-of-yet unnamed Speech Teacher has some serious frecklage

I wonder if she's related to Howdy Doody?

I'm going to guess that her hair, depicted as a mid gray in gray scale, is red of some sort.

While being regular is a cause for minor celebration, I can't say I've ever greeted the associated dump with any form of, 'Hello'. But people are quirky, and to each his own.

The show was on during my lifetime, and I probably saw it, at least briefly, but I do not recall much about it. It never attracted my interest, and I seem to recall my parents expecting it would. I recall the tune of the jingle, but with alternate words; "It's Howdy Doody time! It's Howdy Doody time! Let's turn on channel 9, they're showing Frankenstein." Sage advice, indeed.

While I had "speech" as a class in elementary school and middle school, I can see where a teacher might get a bit carried away with saying that everybody would have to speak in front of the class.  That being said, doesn't that bring the total number of teachers at Grace's school up to 4
1) Raven
2) Math teacher
3) The lady that screamed at Rhoda 
4) This one.

Am I leaving out anyone?

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Am I leaving out anyone?

Maybe the physics teacher that cries when the laws of physics are violated. It is not entirely clear where he teaches, but at Nanase's school is the best bet.

Oh, yeah, there was the time that a physic teacher got mad at Nanase for floating down the hallway.  That makes 5.  The other one is a university professor IIRC.