• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 11/2/19 - Like a Bridge

ComicNumber753.png

http://TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Enticia may not be using a "burning bridges" metaphor in the typical sense...

If you're familiar with Enticia's backstory so far, then you probably know what fire she's talking about. How it impacted her friendships remains to be seen, of course.

I do pride myself on making The Heroes of C.R.A.S.H. a funny comic, inspired by Saturday morning cartoons of my childhood. That being said, I'll occasionally take inspiration from newer cartoons, like the Teen Titans cartoon from the early 2000's or the Steven Universe (and upcoming Steven Universe Future) cartoons of today, and throw in a little drama. Today's strip highlights the fact that this current storyline is more somber than usual. But don't worry; just as gray clouds eventually roll away to make way for the sun, there will always be more than enough laughter in my strip to balance out the sadness (Heck, that first text box still contains a little mini-joke with that "Three Musketeers" bit).

I will be honest; this week's simple-looking comic was inspired by the fact that I wanted to get it done early this week so I'd have more time to do other non-comic (and non-fun) work, as well as to relax and enjoy Halloween night with some movies. Sometimes, restrictions can inspire ingenuity, and I REALLY like how this strip turned out, visually. Even if you don't read the text, the visuals give you an idea of what is to come.

Oh! Almost forgot one fun factoid on last week's Halloween filler: Outside of Titanium Maiden's two outfits, everyone else's costumes show someone who has been animated by someone from Studio Trigger, a well-known anime studio. Former Studio Trigger animator Takafumi Hori has been a guest animator on Steven Universe and OK K.O., while Studio Trigger animated the opening to the latest Shantae game and created the series Little Witch Academia. Cool, right?