• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Gaming stories

So, I decided just for fun to create a thread specifically meant for gaming stories of all kinds. Tabletop, video games, board games, LARP, war games -- anything goes as long as it is funny and/or memorable.

I'll start with this one:

context: one of our party members is the dwarven paladin Grim Dark, who is a Doom Dwarf (a homebrew dwarven subrace, needless to say created by Grim Dark's player.) Our party is in a dungeon and the rogue has spotted a particularly diabolic trap of dwarven make.

rogue: I don't like this. If I deactivate one part of this trap, it looks like I simultaneously activate a previously inactive part of it.
cleric: Oh wow. Can you tell what it does?
rogue: well, the currently active mechanism sprays burning oil everywhere if we set it off. The alternate mechanism will electrocute us.
wizard: sheesh. What sort of paranoid psycho made this thing?
rogue: hey, Grim. You're a dwarf. Do you maybe know something about this kind of thing?
Grim Dark: Look. I'm a Doom Dwarf, not a Brain Dwarf.

It was generally agreed that Grim had a point. :danshiftyeyes:

Ah reckon I never did find myself in such a predicament as in one memorable Old West game (GURPS) 

Seems the bad guy was gettin' away while a big ol' wolf was makin' a mess outta all the townsfolk 

Well having barely survived my encounter with the wolf, I was the last armed person with a shot at the bad guy before he got out of sight 

I somehow managed a long series of health, perception, and will checks (a few critical successes) to get my weapon aimed at the target 

Then, just as I pulled the trigger, I rolled for my Guns / Black Powder Weapon skill and wound up with a critical failure.  Weapon Jam (not the Spartan Breakfast Treat) 

I immediately collapsed, but strangely woke up without a scratch as the full moon rose that night . . .