• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday February 6, 2019

Arthur J Arthur already went on television revealing that Magic was real.  Admittedly he was doing this under a misunderstanding, both of what would happen when too many people had access to magic and of what would result from a change in magic.  But he is a high ranking FBI officer, the statements are a matter of public record, and recent events (has it really been less than a year?) have, if not confirmed, failed to disprove his assertations.

Luke and his friends(?) seem to have no qualms about using their recently discovered abilities.  Even though those don't involve transformations, it would confirm to their acquaintances that the magic is real.

We know very well that, as much as Nanase thought she was hiding her magic from her mother, she made almost no attempt to hide her magic at school.

Susan and Sarah have both used the hammers, and Sarah summoned the Duck, in public.  :demonicduck:

Despite resenting that Justin won't share the secrets with him, George claims to know everything that is happening.  And I have no reason to doubt him.

And who knows what products or services Germahn Labs may be releasing?

If most of Sam's family lives in or near Moperville, he may not need to wait that long until the people he wants to tell already know a "friend of a friend" who has magic.  That will not necessarily make the "WHY" of coming out for a second time any easier.  But at least he won't need to explain the "HOW".

Sam's blushing in panel 2 could be trouble for Sarah. If Sam hasn't committed to a relationship with Sarah... yeah they've only gone out twice so far and only on the pretext of getting to know each other better, but so far we only know that Sarah's got hopes for it to become more. Sam, on the other hand, has probably been cautiously optimistic that Sarah could be a friend to hang out with and isn't sure that a relationship is possible because he's afraid that telling her that he's trans might ruin the chances of even being just friends. Meanwhile Grace has proven to be insightful by noticing these things about Sam, but also trustworthy in that she hasn't told anyone in the months since she learned about it, and she pretty much perfectly fits the type of person that Sam just said he wished everyone could be, well aside from their first meeting but he doesn't seem to fault her for not knowing, but she never judged him for it or treated him differently.

Anyway, this might mean that Sam doesn't know that Grace and Tedd are together, and I can't fault anyone for developing feelings for Grace because she's a great person, but it would absolutely wreck Grace if it ruins things between Sarah and Sam.

On 2/6/2019 at 0:02 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Arthur J Arthur already went on television revealing that Magic was real.  Admittedly he was doing this under a misunderstanding, both of what would happen when too many people had access to magic and of what would result from a change in magic.  But he is a high ranking FBI officer, the statements are a matter of public record, and recent events (has it really been less than a year?) have, if not confirmed, failed to disprove his assertations.

He wasn't on television as high ranking FBI officer. He was there as consultant, renowned author and skeptic. Nevertheless, recent events probably changed peoples opinion from "did he go crazy since he stopped working for FBI?" to "soo, he learned that stuff when he was consultant to FBI, so FBI must know, right?"

We know very well that, as much as Nanase thought she was hiding her magic from her mother, she made almost no attempt to hide her magic at school.

She DID made some attempts later. But, yes, she didn't cared at first.

Susan and Sarah have both used the hammers, and Sarah summoned the Duck, in public.  :demonicduck:

Both likely has some built-in "do not notice how weird this is" component.

And who knows what products or services Germahn Labs may be releasing?

I don't think they will be faster than Tedd.

If most of Sam's family lives in or near Moperville, he may not need to wait that long until the people he wants to tell already know a "friend of a friend" who has magic.  That will not necessarily make the "WHY" of coming out for a second time any easier.  But at least he won't need to explain the "HOW".

Having magic is not the same as "I will be using my magic to change my sex to match my gender". Unless Pandora was better at finding transgender people than shown, it will be "race" between Tedd, Felix and Sam.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, Scotty said:

Sam's blushing in panel 2 could be trouble for Sarah. If Sam hasn't committed to a relationship with Sarah... yeah they've only gone out twice so far and only on the pretext of getting to know each other better, but so far we only know that Sarah's got hopes for it to become more. Sam, on the other hand, has probably been cautiously optimistic that Sarah could be a friend to hang out with and isn't sure that a relationship is possible because he's afraid that telling her that he's trans might ruin the chances of even being just friends. Meanwhile Grace has proven to be insightful by noticing these things about Sam, but also trustworthy in that she hasn't told anyone in the months since she learned about it, and she pretty much perfectly fits the type of person that Sam just said he wished everyone could be, well aside from their first meeting but he doesn't seem to fault her for not knowing, but she never judged him for it or treated him differently.

Anyway, this might mean that Sam doesn't know that Grace and Tedd are together, and I can't fault anyone for developing feelings for Grace because she's a great person, but it would absolutely wreck Grace if it ruins things between Sarah and Sam.

I don't think THIS will ruin it ...