• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, August 18, 2022

NP Comic for Thursday, August 18, 2022

Hmm. Not convinced this makes sense.

She's been acting for her mom a lot.

Acting has a lot to do with confidence, which she has in spades.

She's shown she has no issue performing in public in her martial arts.

Not seeing where she would disconnect and be specifically bad at acting; ...

... especially when it does not demand memorizing a set performance upon a stage - merely for an RPG.

Acting consists of deliberately controlling your external responses separately from your internal state—you are basically taking manual control of what is normally a subconscious process. Faking an emotion that is counter to what you are feeling is an entirely different matter than simply trying to suppress an emotion that you are feeling—e.g. we may restrain ourselves from an angry outburst, but convincing onlookers that we are actually not angry at all requires considerable skill.

In short, anybody can go through scripted emotions, but only a skilled person can convincingly fake emotional sincerity.

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

Acting consists of deliberately controlling your external responses separately from your internal state—you are basically taking manual control of what is normally a subconscious process. Faking an emotion that is counter to what you are feeling is an entirely different matter than simply trying to suppress an emotion that you are feeling—e.g. we may restrain ourselves from an angry outburst, but convincing onlookers that we are actually not angry at all requires considerable skill.

In short, anybody can go through scripted emotions, but only a skilled person can convincingly fake emotional sincerity.

Well, she has been acting for her Mom, but probably more in the sense of suppressing emotion rather than faking emotion. Thus may still come down to Rich, and possibly George, not wanting to 'act' in front of people she views as judgemental.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
fix typo

Acting is something most of us do every day when we choose what to say and do rather than react to the world without thought.  

Performing, on the other manipulator, can be a source of anxiety well beyond any realistic threat.  Especially if the audience is potentially hostle or judgemental.  

I expect Rich to be both.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Especially if the audience is potentially hostle or judgemental.  

I expect Rich to be both.

No question about that.  Rich being hostile/sleazy to a hot woman is more or less a given.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

No question about that.  Rich being hostile/sleazy to a hot woman is more or less a given.

Conjecture, EGS does not have a non-hot sample, so this is extrapolation, but I don't think Rich requires 'hot' for the bad attitude, just female.

He seems more feeling entitled, yet lacking self confidence, fearful of rejection, perhaps through experience, leading to hostility, with a resultant accompanying overall bad attitude, but not given to sleaze; there is an air of civility, albeit thin. Kind of like Mars, you couldn't breathe the air, but it's there, you can see it blow dust around. Add to that somewhat delusional - recall the glove slap sequence. He really is in a deep hole.

14 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Conjecture, EGS does not have a non-hot sample, so this is extrapolation, but I don't think Rich requires 'hot' for the bad attitude, just female.

Not all the women in EGS are hot.  Some are just cute and/or not teenagers.  Nanase's mom for example.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Not all the women in EGS are hot.  Some are just cute and/or not teenagers.  Nanase's mom for example.

What! Dan drew a non-hot mom? Does he know about this?

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What! Dan drew a non-hot mom? Does he know about this?

Well, she's not unattractive but doesn't fit my view of "hot".

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Well, she's not unattractive but doesn't fit my view of "hot".

If she's menopausal, she might be hot in a different way.

There is another way. I had a friend that received iodine isotope post surgical treatment after her cancerous thyroid was removed. The half life was a couple of weeks. When she was done, we met her for lunch, and had apps with us to simulate a Geiger counter. She did one better. She had a real Geiger counter, and it was registering radioactivity. "So, how radioactive are you?" "Lunch with me is like half a dental X-ray." She was one hot chick.