• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, August 23, 2022

NP Comic for Tuesday, August 23, 2022

There should be an RPG for Shakespearian actors where they can stretch out each action into a noteworthy stage event.

"You kill the goblins."

"I pick up the nearby corpse. 'Oh, what tragedy has befallen your tainted life! You are set aside by society, and society names you the monster! Would that they had to walk in your shoes, who then would the monster be?' I loot the corpse."

"You find five silver, two copper, and a rusty knife."

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Nanase, are not we all creating our own characters as we interact with a world we can never truly understand?

... nor stand under ...

Knowing the lore of a world is important.  It really sucks if the DM hasn't finished making the lore and has to do this on the fly.  Makes for an incoherent whole.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Knowing the lore of a world is important.  It really sucks if the DM hasn't finished making the lore and has to do this on the fly.  Makes for an incoherent whole.

Some setting aim for coherent incoherence. Planescape, I'm looking at you.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Some setting aim for coherent incoherence. Planescape, I'm looking at you.

And to a less extent Spelljammer.  Just for what it's worth One D&D all but makes Planescape canon.

... one of the earliest known human gatherings is said to have occurred in Sigil, the torus-shaped city at the center of the multiverse and the place where the Common tongue was born.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

And to a less extent Spelljammer.  Just for what it's worth One D&D all but makes Planescape canon.

One D&D to rule them all?

18 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

One D&D to rule them all?

One D&D is what they are calling the play test for the version to be released in 2024.  So far they have released Race and background for character creation and some limited rules.  

1. a nat 20 and a nat 1 are successes or failures on any d20 roll, not just attacks.
  2. Also not clear on if spell attacks trigger a critical any more.
  3. Unarmed strikes have 3 options for them
    1. Do Damage
    2. Grapple the target assuming it is only one size larger than you or smaller.
    3. Shove the target back 5 feet or knock prone, again depending on size