• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Sketchbook Comic for Friday, May 12, 2023

Sketchbook Comic for Friday, May 12, 2023

If you wear a tie to look professional, it is with a collared shirt, as pictured in the cross out thought bubble. She wouldn't wear it with a halter top. Is this an indication of Vladia being out of touch with human norms?

Not sure why she's concluding 'It looks bad with the halter, so I won't wear it with a collared shirt'. I guess she could be thinking 'I don't like collars'.

Not getting the ellipses in the upper left either, if that is what they are.

I also wonder why only one fang sticks out. It doesn't look that bad, but she might consider cosmetic dentistry if blending in is a goal.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I also wonder why only one fang sticks out.

I suspect that cute girl with one fang showing is The Dan's latest art fetish.  

A tie has been rather untraditional with women's garb. It's only in recent decades, and in more avant-garde artsy circles that ties are a thing for women; in business, not so much. Take US Military dress uniforms, for example, men wore ties, women had a dark cloth tab that took the place of a tie (same color as the men's tie).

In that avant-garde context, someone might wear a tie with a halter top ironically. That does not appear to be what Vladia is attempting to accomplish. But OTOH, halter tops are not generally considered to be business dress.

I also have an impression that ties are perhaps more popular within the less beans community. (Vladia's take on her own sexuality remains unstated, unless it's come up on Discord.)

I, being a geezer, think a tie can look sharp, but I have not needed to wear one for many years, and in my work environment, the few folks that chose to wear ties stood out, not necessarily in a good way (although, one come to mind who eventually was promoted into a management position). I think that even for interviews, they are mostly passe.

I can tie my own, but I only know one basic tie knot (hmm, I'm not certain I remember how to tie one; it's been years). I don't rock a bow tie, although I think it works well for Bill Nye. IIRC, I've worn one with a mess dress (military tux) the few times I've needed to wear that. IIRC, that particular tie was a clip on.

The thing that bothers me about a tie is that you are essentially wearing a garrote, unless you go with a clip on, which does not look as good.

Personally I think the combo of that skirt with that top is worse than what the tie does or doesn't do for the ensemble (though it's possible her footwear and any socks/stockings/etc. might tie things together).

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I also have an impression that ties are perhaps more popular within the less beans community. (Vladia's take on her own sexuality remains unstated, unless it's come up on Discord.)

If this was a joke I apologize in advance for asking for an explanation, but I'm honestly confused. "Less beans"?

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

This is not the first time The Dan has had a fem character wear a tie in a clothing that isn't business formal.  Well, it's an imagine spot of Tedd, but it's similar to today's strip.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2012-05-21

She is trying for a business look for an interview (overkill for a comic shop clerk position), and with her world view skewed like Vladia's based on similar background does not see the flaws in her plan. Her wearing Uryuom suit in a comic shop would be chumming while swimming in the shark tank, albeit, the sharks are young enough that they would be more annoying than dangerous.

14 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Her wearing Uryuom suit in a comic shop would be chumming while swimming in the shark tank, albeit, the sharks are young enough that they would be more annoying than dangerous.

Never under estimate the power of several comic book fans working together, regardless of age.  Granted that is more of a problem online than it is in real life.